Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 25 Feb 2012, 00:55 (Ref:3030680)   #1076
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
From Mr Huglin's incar camera...

OUCH!!
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 25 Feb 2012, 00:59 (Ref:3030683)   #1077
Shane001
Racer

Australia
Shane001 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
10G's+ he would have felt it for sure, he'll be sore tomorrow...

Would love to see the incar video footage.
Old 25 Feb 2012, 01:00 (Ref:3030684)   #1078
Shane001
Racer

Australia
Does that look like his seat has broken it's mounts?
Old 25 Feb 2012, 01:08 (Ref:3030686)   #1079
nafe!
Racer

nafe! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
From Mr Huglin's incar camera...

OUCH!!
Sickening amount of movement in that cocpit. Makes you question the safety standards in these cars.

This is a lambo gt3 crash from bruno, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWsV1...eature=related

There were pictures circulating the net at the time showing that the driver was actually torn from his seat and was hanging from the side of the car while it was spinning. Luckily he survived!
Old 25 Feb 2012, 01:17 (Ref:3030692)   #1080
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Mr Panorama's Suzuki Swift rocketship.... he might need to give the commentary team a touch up, who were quite unkind about the livery design....

Old 25 Feb 2012, 01:17 (Ref:3030693)   #1081
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane001 View Post
10G's+ he would have felt it for sure, he'll be sore tomorrow...

Would love to see the incar video footage.
The screen stills were from the incar...
Old 25 Feb 2012, 01:19 (Ref:3030697)   #1082
Shane001
Racer

Australia
Nafe no matter what car you're driving, an accident like that, you're lucky to survive. The fact he did survive says a lot about the safety equipment both in the car and that he was wearing. That was a massive impact.
Old 25 Feb 2012, 01:21 (Ref:3030698)   #1083
Shane001
Racer

Australia
Quote:
The screen stills were from the incar...
Will the incar video be posted up (on youtube)?
Old 25 Feb 2012, 01:22 (Ref:3030699)   #1084
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Q1

Not long til Q2...

The teams with 4 drivers are at something of a disadvantage with the qualifying rule, you have to spread the car across 4 pilots, and the quickest of the 4 doesnt get counted in aggregating the 3 qualifying times.

So in the Ferrari's case, Mr Simonsen was quickest in that car, but his time isnt counted in the average, but Mr Edwards, as 4th quickest is...

The team/driver/car takes the risk in qualifying all 4 drivers, yet only get 3 yields.

Would have thought averaging the 3 or 4 drivers' laps to get a theoretical across them would be a fairer way to balance the risk/reward for the teams...
Old 25 Feb 2012, 01:25 (Ref:3030700)   #1085
Shane001
Racer

Australia
Quote:
Mr Panorama's Suzuki Swift rocketship.... he might need to give the commentary team a touch up, who were quite unkind about the livery design....
Are they streaming the supports??

Good to see Shane has this back on track after yesterdays ... mishap
Old 25 Feb 2012, 01:25 (Ref:3030701)   #1086
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Will the incar video be posted up (on youtube)?
The whole Q1 session has been recorded/stored on Ustream... Here

Not sure if it will show the incar in that..
Old 25 Feb 2012, 01:26 (Ref:3030702)   #1087
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Are they streaming the supports??

Good to see Shane has this back on track after yesterdays ... mishap
Sure are... although the stream at http://www.bathurst12hour.com.au/ is now just playing music... back at 2pm they said
Old 25 Feb 2012, 01:36 (Ref:3030707)   #1088
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Mr McConville's thoughts
Old 25 Feb 2012, 01:52 (Ref:3030708)   #1089
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
What a shame for Huglin and his team. Glad to hear he's alright though, you can replace a car but you cant exactly do the same with Ted. I feel sorry for the guys who've put some much time into preparing the car and McConkin and Super Peter who'll have to watch the race from the sidelines. Was looking forward to seeing how Peter went in the race.

So FFS has nothing to do now for the rest of the weekend, how about he head over to Scud's garage and give him a hand?
Old 25 Feb 2012, 02:11 (Ref:3030711)   #1090
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....

More time to come from the Mercedes? Or is it as good as its going to get?
Old 25 Feb 2012, 02:23 (Ref:3030714)   #1091
osrg
Racer

osrg should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridosrg should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by nafe! View Post

This is a lambo gt3 crash from bruno, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWsV1...eature=related

There were pictures circulating the net at the time showing that the driver was actually torn from his seat and was hanging from the side of the car while it was spinning. Luckily he survived!
Completely different design.... That is a Super Trofeo (more closely aligned to the road car), not a GT3 spec Gallardo.... So much less rigidity and strength in those chassis....
Old 25 Feb 2012, 03:25 (Ref:3030723)   #1092
nafe!
Racer

nafe! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by osrg View Post
Completely different design.... That is a Super Trofeo (more closely aligned to the road car), not a GT3 spec Gallardo.... So much less rigidity and strength in those chassis....
Someone had told me that they were gt3 spec at the time that accident occured, if that isnt the case i stand corrected

Regardless it was not good at all to see how much movement occured inside that cocpit.
Old 25 Feb 2012, 03:37 (Ref:3030724)   #1093
osrg
Racer

osrg should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridosrg should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by nafe! View Post
Someone had told me that they were gt3 spec at the time that accident occured, if that isnt the case i stand corrected

Regardless it was not good at all to see how much movement occured inside that cocpit.
I suspect that Ted's belts were most likely not as tight as they could have been.
Old 25 Feb 2012, 04:46 (Ref:3030729)   #1094
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
So... whats the strategy in Q2? A 30 minute session...

The current top 10 is Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Article
Audi lead the way after the first of two qualifying sessions at the Armor All Bathurst 12 Hour.

On provisional, aggregate results from the first 90 minute session held in cool and clear conditions this morning, the Audi R8LMS of Christopher Mies, Christer Jens and Daryl O’Young topped the order with their accumulated time 6:28.65 seconds.

That places the defending race-winners less than one second up on the Maranello Motorsport Ferrari – but it gets closer than that from there.

Second, third and fourth are covered by less than two-tenths of a second, meaning any improvement at all from any driver in any car is likely to result in a positional change.

The Clearwater Ferrari was third – two-tenths behind the similar Ferrari – and just a fraction ahead of the Roger Lago / David Russell / Wayne Park Lamborghini Gallardo.

However question marks remain over the Asian entry, with Craig Baird breaking the parity benchmark of 2m08 seconds early in the session – ensuring the Clearwater Ferrari will race with an extra 50kg of ballast tomorrow.

The ‘Aussie Audi’ was fifth, less than four seconds behind their international team-mates.

PROVISIONAL QUALIFYING ORDER
(Aggregate times following Qualifying One)

1. #1 Phoenix Racing Audi R8 LMS 6:28.65
2. #17 Maranello Motorsport Ferrari 458 Italia 6:29.61
3. #33 Clearwater Racing Ferrari 458 Italia 6:29.63
4. #23 JBS Lamborghini Gallardo GT3 6:29.73
5. #2 Phoenix Racing Audi R8 LMS 6:32.25
6. #20 Erebus Racing SLS AMG GT3 6:39.68
7. #22 United Autosport Audi R8 LMS 6:45.41
8. #3 Hunter Sports Group (B)Porsche 997 GT3 6:54.20
9. #65 Southern Cross Lubes (B) Porsche 997 GT3 7:10.39
10. #21 Black Falcon Racing SLS AMG GT3 7:11.39
Presumably putting the 3rd driver in to go get their times down is the answer...

Its gunna be fun from 4.30....
Old 25 Feb 2012, 04:58 (Ref:3030730)   #1095
pplater
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
pplater should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridpplater should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A couple of observations from the track:

This thing is LOUD. The 458s are running no exhaust muffling whatsoever, and sound magnificent. But at this range (<5m) they are quite painful to be around. Love it.

Matt Griffin and the clearwater guys look great. I had thought this car would be well behind #17's pace, but they're proving very competitive.

The yellow Huglin Lambo had looked so good, and genuinely had outright speed. Such a shame it's out of the race, really feel for Peter Kox especially.

The SLS crowd haven't set the world on fire yet, but they did have a setback with the minor prang yesterday. Hackett says they'll run sixes and sevens tomorrow, and that race speed will be well under the nominal qually limit of 2:08.

The dark bull? Scud's Lambo has been in the mix in every session. These guys have looked very solid, and without 'pro' egos to contend with, could spring quite the surprise.

Dribs and drabs of speed from #2, but I expect we'll see fireworks tomorrow. Roll on Sunday!
Old 25 Feb 2012, 05:18 (Ref:3030733)   #1096
osrg
Racer

Quote:
So... whats the strategy in Q2? A 30 minute session.....

Presumably putting the 3rd driver in to go get their times down is the answer...

Its gunna be fun from 4.30....
JBS will be sitting out the session...... Nothing to gain from this afternoon.
Old 25 Feb 2012, 05:29 (Ref:3030736)   #1097
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Old 25 Feb 2012, 05:30 (Ref:3030737)   #1098
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by osrg View Post
JBS will be sitting out the session...... Nothing to gain from this afternoon.
Makes sense from a risk management perspective...
Old 25 Feb 2012, 05:44 (Ref:3030742)   #1099
osrg
Racer

Quote:
Makes sense from a risk management perspective...
We'd rather have the 600 serviced and mechanically 100% spot on for the 12hrs than stuff around for 30mins an run the risk of a debacle occurring.
Old 25 Feb 2012, 05:56 (Ref:3030746)   #1100
SilverSpeed
Racer

Australia
Australia
SilverSpeed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hoping Mercedes can get a good result tomorrow! But haven't had the greatest of prep so far!