Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 5 Feb 2002, 22:33 (Ref:210878)   #1
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Bathurst 24hr

What do you think about Ross Palmers idea to have a 24hr, pretty much race what you've brought event around Mt Panorama?

83 cars ranging from F1 cars with lids to GTP cars, at night on a dark track sounds exciting....

If it does actually happen (remember back to the days when the Bathurst 1000 was going to be turned into a 24hr race??) on November 24, I'd like to think I'll be there... for one thing, it'd be bloody expensive to put on, and I thought that they've learnt their lesson that nobody will go to circuit racing events that late in the year??
Old 5 Feb 2002, 23:02 (Ref:210890)   #2
Buckshot
Veteran

Australia
Cambridge Gardens, NSW, Australia
Buckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBuckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This sounds awesome. Would be great to get a contigent of 10-10ths posters up there trackside for 24 hours !

How firm is it looking at the moment ?
Old 6 Feb 2002, 01:06 (Ref:210933)   #3
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
wow ..where the heck did this come from ????

sounds interesting doesnt it , but will it happen ?

I hope so as it would be awesome to see but how much of a lifespan would it have ?
remember the 12hr never really took off that well and this is double so it may not last long but i hope it happens as it would be a great weekend.
Old 6 Feb 2002, 10:19 (Ref:211002)   #4
mtpanorama
Veteran

Australia
Bathurst (best racetrack in the world)
mtpanorama should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by marcus

remember the 12hr never really took off that well
The original 12hrs at the mount were excellent and very well supported by the competitors and spectators, especially when the bikes were on as well.
The main things that killed the 12 hr were the promotor, Vince Tessararo (i think thats him) when he decided to move it to Eastern Creek. It just didnt have the same atmosphere or the prestige of a race around Mt Panorama. The other thing was that CAMS in their infinate wisdom decided to change the production car rules to cars only up to 2.5ltr. So that killed off most of the feild for the race.

I would love to see a 24hr race at the Mount. The only problem is staying awake for the whole time. I remember the 12 hr was a struggle at times, but i think that had something to do with the amount of being drunk with the crew of Wayne Gardners NSX waiting for it to be repaired so i could put the signs back on it.
Old 6 Feb 2002, 13:22 (Ref:211081)   #5
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by marcus
wow ..where the heck did this come from ????
In todays Auto Action.

This sounds awesome. I will definatly be there. Got a mate studying at bathurst uni, so free accomodation if i can get away with it, for the 1000 as well.

My only concern is the late notice of this race, surely budgets have already been set for this year, remember NC also have the Sandown 500.

Also i reckon Easter may have been a better time, maybe the 12 hour as well, but hey, 24 hours sound great, and better than nothing.

With any luck FOXTEL or someone can do what speedvision in America so with Le Mans, show the whole thing live on TV.

But remember also, it will only happen if Bathurst gets the funding, so do we think it will.
Old 7 Feb 2002, 09:11 (Ref:211500)   #6
M Power
Racer

M Power should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As stone cold said HELL YEH .
I'll be there if it happens
Old 7 Feb 2002, 11:13 (Ref:211545)   #7
Morris 1100
Veteran

Morris 1100 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Once again you misguided fools think that Auto Action is true
And some of you think that Bob Carr will fund improvements
Remember last year with the bloke on the tractor protesting the lack of access for residents, how about a 24 hour race
Did anyone read the story in AA about the 2 drivers (Duncan Hamilton /Tony Rolt) hitting the bottle before Le Mans, the last time I read this story Tony Rolt sued for defamation and won! and Auto Action think its a true story
Old 7 Feb 2002, 13:33 (Ref:211605)   #8
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
really...what a corker of a story though , i spent all day telling people at work about it.

Oh well I guess you cant believe everything you read.
Old 8 Feb 2002, 03:31 (Ref:212128)   #9
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I believe the HSRCA are considering a Historic Race meeting for Easter 2003 at Bathurst, I will move heaven and earth to be there if that happens.
Old 8 Feb 2002, 09:13 (Ref:212177)   #10
Buckshot
Veteran

Australia
Buckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBuckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hope you get there David, will that be the first time yourself and the mighty Datto have tackled the Sacred Mountain ?
Old 8 Feb 2002, 10:39 (Ref:212198)   #11
mtpanorama
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally posted by Morris 1100
Once again you misguided fools think that Auto Action is true
And some of you think that Bob Carr will fund improvements
Remember last year with the bloke on the tractor protesting the lack of access for residents, how about a 24 hour race
I dont buy Auto Fiction anymore, I got all the details about this race from the procar site and also Ross Palmer on the local radio station this morning. The biggest upgrade that Ross Palmer was talking about was greater access for the residents, and the council have already started work on that one.
the bloke ( Theo) on the tractor wasnt protesting against resident access as such, he was protesting against the local council for not letting him open his restaurant over the race weekend. Which he actually defended in court and got quite a bit of money out of the council for his troubles
Old 8 Feb 2002, 10:57 (Ref:212202)   #12
RaceTime
Veteran

RaceTime should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ProCar issued a media statement this evening - full text here if you want to read it - http://www.racetime.com.au/?racenews=00000940 - essentially confirming the story that they are considering a 24 hour race.
Old 8 Feb 2002, 14:33 (Ref:212327)   #13
Flaggie
Racer

Flaggie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As I was actually flagging at the point the tractor came out, I can concur. The guy had a restaurant but wasn't allowed to have it open, so he spat it with IMG and it took two flaggies and the sector marshal to get him off.

And did someone say Historic Bathurst???? oooooo *salivates at thought of full grid of Group N's through the dipper* Gimme a pen, where do I sign up for that one!!!!
Old 8 Feb 2002, 21:20 (Ref:212650)   #14
Amaroo Park
Veteran

Australia
New South Wales
Amaroo Park should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mt Panorama I don't know if that matter has been finished with tractor man. A person I work with was one of the Flaggies involved and as far as I know it is still to be settled. The way I understood it was it was Cochrane who wanted money from him to open his Resturant over the weekend not the council
Old 8 Feb 2002, 23:35 (Ref:212781)   #15
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Buckshot
Hope you get there David, will that be the first time yourself and the mighty Datto have tackled the Sacred Mountain ?
The Datto is no more- long live the Torana....!
Old 9 Feb 2002, 00:06 (Ref:212794)   #16
Buckshot
Veteran

Australia
Datto no more ? What's this about a Torana ? Dave, we need pictures ! That way I know which one you are at race meetings and I'll snap off some more shots for you !

Last edited by Buckshot; 9 Feb 2002 at 00:08.
Old 13 Feb 2002, 11:56 (Ref:215142)   #17
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I have sold the Datsun and am now preparing an LJ Holden Torana XU-1. It is bottle green, officially known as March 17 and it is #45. I'm planning to run at the Nationals at Eastern Creek in September and now it looks like we may be on the program to run at Bathurst in October. Boss, I need more holidays.
Old 13 Feb 2002, 12:12 (Ref:215155)   #18
Morris 1100
Veteran

Morris 1100 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Now if I can get a HQ to do 126 MPH (202kph) on conrod how fast will the XU1 go?
Old 13 Mar 2002, 02:51 (Ref:233983)   #19
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Are GTS spec cars are eligible for the Bathurst 24hr, in Motorsport News they had a story on who was interested in overseas, and they spoke with Lister boss Laurance Pearce and Jamie-Campell Walter, indicating i guess that those cars may be allowed.
Old 13 Mar 2002, 10:43 (Ref:234115)   #20
StuiE
Veteran

StuiE should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
would luv to see a F1 car take on the Mountain!

thats a great idea

"I think we broke something.......Traction" -Carl Edwards 19/8/06 MIS

05 - Peter Brock
Old 13 Mar 2002, 10:51 (Ref:234117)   #21
RaceTime
Veteran

RaceTime should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And something that will never happen. Mt Panorama is considered too dangerous for cars over Formula Ford specs - so F1, Formula Holden will never race on the mountain.
Old 13 Mar 2002, 21:04 (Ref:234536)   #22
Alan Jones
Veteran

Alan Jones should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by DAVID PATERSON
I have sold the Datsun and am now preparing an LJ Holden Torana XU-1. It is bottle green, officially known as March 17 and it is #45. I'm planning to run at the Nationals at Eastern Creek in September and now it looks like we may be on the program to run at Bathurst in October. Boss, I need more holidays.
Make sure you let all us Sydney siders Know if you come to the creek David, we can all turn up and fight off all the pitbabes for you

OH and BTW, rumour has it Mt has a big backyard and we are all welcome to camp at his house , eat his food and drink all his beer!! You are one generous dude Mt and you can book me, Moffie, and our 3 man tent in as close to the toilet as possible please. Moffie ain't getting any younger you know................
Old 14 Mar 2002, 11:54 (Ref:234926)   #23
mtpanorama
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally posted by AlanJones

OH and BTW, rumour has it Mt has a big backyard and we are all welcome to camp at his house , bring lots of food and heaps of beer!! You are one generous dude Mt and you can book me, Moffie, and our 3 man tent in as close to the toilet as possible please. Moffie ain't getting any younger you know................
No probs , the going rate is one carton of per square meter of lawn per night

I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't looking good, either
Old 14 Mar 2002, 12:14 (Ref:234939)   #24
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
I can sleep standing up.... that means you get the plastic thing that holds a 6 pack together
Old 14 Mar 2002, 12:19 (Ref:234942)   #25
mtpanorama
Veteran

Australia
A six pack per night will do, because the 3 man tent is going to be worth it

I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't looking good, either