Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 16 Apr 2002, 10:46 (Ref:261907)   #1
Amaroo Park
Veteran

Australia
New South Wales
Amaroo Park should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sick Of HRT

It's often been said that HRT's dominance of Touring cars is hurting the sport but I believe that now the evedence is coming in thick and fast. The crowd numbers regardless of what AVESCO is saying, are on the decline. View interest is falling because people are sick of whatching races where they know who the winner will be. SO what is going to be done about? My guess would be absoultly nothing
Old 16 Apr 2002, 10:50 (Ref:261909)   #2
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
You cannot blame anything on HRT. You cannot blame the a team for just being too good, for the series decline. I'm sure there a few more serious reasons why the V8's are **** these days.
Old 16 Apr 2002, 10:55 (Ref:261916)   #3
Amaroo Park
Veteran

Australia
New South Wales
It's not about apportioning blame. It is about realising there is a serious problem that has to do, partly with one teams domination of the sport and what must be done to start to rectify it. In all honest I also believe the Cochrane must take an awful lot of responsibility for what is starting to happen. There is no point put the blinkers on and saying "Every thing is fine we have the best series and touring car racing in the world"
Old 18 Apr 2002, 10:05 (Ref:263780)   #4
calais
Veteran

calais should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
the main reason that the series is going down can be attributed to HRT's dominance.
though it is no fault of theres, you have a series with the majority of teams being family run affairs, whilst one team has the resources of the car's manufacturer plus TWR behind it.
a lot of the blame should be attributed to ford. what is going on with seton's team? is it the official ford team or not? if so, why is he only running one car??
the 00 motorsport fiasco is also a joke. one minute gibson owns the team, the next minute he doesnt.
what's going on??
suffice to say if you took the HRT/K MART cars out of the picture, the racing is quite healthy.
Old 18 Apr 2002, 10:21 (Ref:263790)   #5
DNQ
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
DNQ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well...I dont see how it's fair that TWR can have five cars...when former Touring Car championship winners (Morris) and Bathurst winners (Mezera) are forced to sit on the sidelines...it's NOT fair.
Old 18 Apr 2002, 10:31 (Ref:263798)   #6
Bomn
Veteran

Australia
Bomn should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Where can you get those DUNLOP caps?

Last edited by Bomn; 18 Apr 2002 at 10:32.
Old 18 Apr 2002, 12:52 (Ref:263909)   #7
Buckshot
Veteran

Australia
Cambridge Gardens, NSW, Australia
Buckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBuckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I noticed when they interviewed Skaife at the end of the race he didn't have his DUNLOP cap on and low and behold I read on V8X he copped a $2,000 fine for that.

At a mere $2,000 for each indescretion I wouldn't expect to see him wear it for the rest of the year either.
Old 18 Apr 2002, 13:02 (Ref:263938)   #8
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't really see the problem with TWRA running 5 cars. The main cars in the team are still the one's to beat.
Old 18 Apr 2002, 13:50 (Ref:264003)   #9
Morris 1100
Veteran

Morris 1100 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How would you like to be the Marketing guy at K-Mart when you spend all that money and your cars are not allowed to win!
Old 18 Apr 2002, 22:21 (Ref:264383)   #10
rogers_mel
Rookie

rogers_mel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by racer69
I don't really see the problem with TWRA running 5 cars. The main cars in the team are still the one's to beat.
I guess when you have 5 cars in the field (16%) the odds are that you would get a win or a placing..

I think the answer for for this domanance is to get a cartel of teams so that effectively one team (then there could be knowledge sharing) to have the other 84%
Old 18 Apr 2002, 22:30 (Ref:264393)   #11
kmchow
Veteran

kmchow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I thought the debate over HRT was whether or not they are "good at setting up a car" or "good at setting up a car WITH ILLEGAL PARTS"???
Old 19 Apr 2002, 00:24 (Ref:264460)   #12
philneast
Racer

Australia
Hobart , Tasmania, Australia
philneast should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Didn't Ford's Marcus Ambrose take pole position win a race at the last meeting?

He showed it is possible to take it up to Skaife and beat him.
Old 19 Apr 2002, 02:42 (Ref:264502)   #13
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
But then Skaife complained because Ambrose didn't move over for him!
Old 19 Apr 2002, 03:04 (Ref:264511)   #14
philneast
Racer

Australia
Hobart , Tasmania, Australia
philneast should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I hope he does a lot more whinging when people beat him on the track fair and square.
Old 19 Apr 2002, 04:04 (Ref:264526)   #15
mickj
Racer

mickj should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ambrose covered every move of skaife, because he did not win the 1 st race he has to have a big sook, and did you see the faces of the mechanics
Old 19 Apr 2002, 08:40 (Ref:264584)   #16
DMC
Racer

Australia
DMC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mark Skaife is a toss.er, plain and simple. He thinks he owns V8s and that everyone should listen to him. On Channel 10's "V8 Superstars" show, whenever he is on there or interviewed at one of the rounds, he just spews out useless sh.ite as if we all care about what he had for breakfast. He would have to be the most boring touring car driver Australia has ever seen. The V8's need more Russel Ingalls, Jason Bargwannas and Max Wilsons, not mummy's boy Skaifes.

Last edited by DMC; 19 Apr 2002 at 08:41.
Old 19 Apr 2002, 10:05 (Ref:264659)   #17
Airhead
Veteran

Airhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAirhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by racer69
Why have they gone to five cars from three? Because they can? Or because compared to the single car teams they can collect five times the data during the few chances every team has to test. How the benefit of the information is distributed through three teams is then up to them (HRT).

Look, on the one hand, as someone who is employed as a manager, I would also do everything to increase my advantage over the rest of the field or whoever my competitors were for what are scarce resources. But as a punter, who is a Ford fan.

When are the superbikes on next??
Old 19 Apr 2002, 10:43 (Ref:264690)   #18
Alan Jones
Veteran

Alan Jones should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by AMoffat

Why have they gone to five cars from three? Because they can? Or because compared to the single car teams they can collect five times the data during the few chances every team has to test. How the benefit of the information is distributed through three teams is then up to them (HRT).

You could be on to something here Moff, that makes a hell of alot of sense, even to an idiot like me God, The V8's and F1 this year are looking very predictable this year aren't they.Hopefully as the season progresses, DJR will get their show back on the road and Marcus and Craig can also snatch a few wins from the Holdens.
Old 19 Apr 2002, 23:52 (Ref:265317)   #19
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Whilever HRT are ALLOWED to do what they like, then I can't blame them for attempting to exercise whatever advantage they can over the opposition.

I'd love to see Brighty have some luck and get some good results. Skaife gets all the luck, and Jason gets very little.
Old 20 Apr 2002, 12:46 (Ref:265625)   #20
Amaroo Park
Veteran

Australia
New South Wales
I think a way of giving parity back to the other teams would be to take away a test day for every round of the Championship that you win...
Old 20 Apr 2002, 16:58 (Ref:265737)   #21
kmchow
Veteran

kmchow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I guess the V8 Supercars is seriously going multi-car teams like Nascar huh? Nascar went from 1 car/owner teams to 2 car/1 owner, now to 5-7 cars/1 owner. The debate raged quite a lot when that first happened. Now I guess everyone is doing it. I think out of the 30-40 Nascar teams, there is only 1 car/owner team left!

OTOH, I guess the organizers could limit multi-car teams to just half the test days a non-multi-car teams get. OTOH, I doubt the organizers have the guts?
Old 20 Apr 2002, 23:15 (Ref:265980)   #22
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Don't forget that TWR are essentially one of the 'organisers'...
Old 22 Apr 2002, 03:28 (Ref:266965)   #23
Nivola
Racer

Nivola should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Crash test well said.

This is taking the Twr show one step more

everyone next time you watch RPM and the Telecast of a round. look at the amount of airtime that is given to the twr teams. From on the Raceing, the Interviews, To the normal starting stuff of the broad cast. You only see Hrt or Kmart. Rarely do you see any other holden team unless there is a bit of biffo or talk of drivers leaving teams.

You dont see channel ten doing there time to standing out the front of the smaller teams that need the Airtime to get the money to beat Twr.