Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 19 Oct 2004, 04:24 (Ref:1127935)   #1
minheim
Rookie

minheim should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Scalextric Pirtek falcon

Picked up my Scalextric Pirtek Ba Falcon today. The detail was very good and best of all it has No.1 on it. Hopefully Mr Ambrose will have it for next year as well

Seriously the new Scalextric v8 supercars are pretty well detailed; a big improveemnt over the previous models. I'm waiting on the Cat Falcon which is on order to arrive.

I was surprised to see the Richards Castrol Commodore was available at the shop today. I thought it might have been recalled to package a kangaroo figure with it.

Will be interesting to see how long the new Scalextric Digital track and car system takes to reach Oz. That will allow up to six cars to race on 2 lanes. Hopefully Scalextric will issue a few more cars next year to let fans run their own champ series. The other current car available is the Ingall Falcon.

Last edited by minheim; 19 Oct 2004 at 04:27.
Old 19 Oct 2004, 07:14 (Ref:1127979)   #2
00 XR8
Veteran

Australia
South Australia
00 XR8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Have you seen the article in this months Wheels mag?
“Jamie, Jamie, Jamie. What you have to do is you have to say look; the fact of the matter is that I’m red hot, that Todd Kelly is a ******, I have always thought he was, and I was just mowing him down based on ability”. – Neil Crompton talking to Jamie Whincup, post Bathurst 2005.
Old 19 Oct 2004, 10:25 (Ref:1128105)   #3
minheim
Rookie

No I haven't I'll have to check it out. But in the interim happy to hear a hint of what it says.
Old 19 Oct 2004, 10:44 (Ref:1128121)   #4
00 XR8
Veteran

Australia
South Australia
00 XR8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not much, there is just an article about Scalextric in there that I thought you may be interested in. It isn't all that long or informative but I just happened to read it last night, and then the next day a thread pops about on here about Scalextric!

It did mention the new Digital Track, with the 6 cars on 2 lanes thing. There was also pictures of Lowndes 2001 and Skaife 2001 V8s, but they looked pretty rough and were probably home made jobs.
“Jamie, Jamie, Jamie. What you have to do is you have to say look; the fact of the matter is that I’m red hot, that Todd Kelly is a ******, I have always thought he was, and I was just mowing him down based on ability”. – Neil Crompton talking to Jamie Whincup, post Bathurst 2005.
Old 19 Oct 2004, 12:36 (Ref:1128218)   #5
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Being involved in the trade of diecast cars, I've got to say that there has been a run on the 'roo car'... kind of goes well with the rock car
Old 20 Oct 2004, 10:52 (Ref:1129298)   #6
Mattracer
Veteran

Mattracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't get how six cars run on two lanes? sound s like a major taffic jam or a safety car parade.

Permanent circuits- the life blood of motorsport
Old 20 Oct 2004, 11:55 (Ref:1129362)   #7
minheim
Rookie

Most of the 1/32 slot car set makers have or are working on digital sets. Basically you have cross over tracks to change lanes and each car controller can be used to change lanes at the cross over just before it's car arrives if a button is pushed. You can have a number of cross over points. Consequently you can pass by changing lanes now and by using timing could allocate grid positions. The Scalextric digital track system is backward compatible since you can add the changeover points to existing scalextric track and add a new powerbase, transformers and controllers. Depending on whether you have scalextric "sport" or "classic" track you might need some additional converter tracks. There are also retro fit chips so you can convert your old cars to digital cars and use the lane change feature. SCX and Ninco digital systems are not compatible with their old track and cars and hence unlike scalextric you have to largely ditch your existing investment if you go to them. The scalextric UK homepage has details on the digital system which is on sale there.

I gather scalextric is also working on some kind of system that also will measure your power usuage as a driver and program fuel/pitstops so people will be able to have strategy in races too. We live in truely remarkable times.

Hope that clarifies how 6 into 2 now works.