Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One > Predictions Contest & Fun

Old 6 Mar 2005, 20:47 (Ref:1244912)   #1
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Fans Comp Answers - round 1 - Australia

Hello guys and girls, here are the answers to the Fans Comp for Australia. I shall endevour to post the players scores over the next couple of days, but i'm working long hours at the moment so you will have to bear with me.

So, questions and answers...

1 Will Mark Webber out-qualify Nick Hiedfeld for the Race? (qualifying proper- not pre-qualifying)

yes

2 Will this years pole time for the race be slower, and if so, by how much to the nearest (full) second (only 1 point for this answer)

slower by 4 seconds (to the nearest second) -this will be the only time i do this question this season, as the way the FIA do it caught me out, i was expecting them to average it, not leave it at the 3 min 01.460 seconds actually set- so i have used sundays final quali time as a guide

3 Will a Bridgestone or Michelin shod car win the race?

Michelin

4 Will Jacques Villeneuve finish ahead of his team mate in the race (according to the FIA classifications should neither finish)

No

5 How many points will the Renault cars score between them?

6 How many cars will remain unlapped by the leader come race end?

7 Which team will be classified 3rd in the WCC following the finish of the race?

Red Bull Racing

8 1st retirement

Christian Albers

9 2nd retirement

Nick Heidfeld

10 3rd retirement

Michael Schumacher

Last edited by Mr V; 6 Mar 2005 at 20:48.
Old 6 Mar 2005, 21:07 (Ref:1244939)   #2
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr V
2 Will this years pole time for the race be slower, and if so, by how much to the nearest (full) second (only 1 point for this answer)

slower by 4 seconds (to the nearest second) -this will be the only time i do this question this season, as the way the FIA do it caught me out, i was expecting them to average it, not leave it at the 3 min 01.460 seconds actually set- so i have used sundays final quali time as a guide
That's why I said it would be 90 seconds slower!

Hopefully you'll accept that as the valid answer
Old 7 Mar 2005, 20:01 (Ref:1245942)   #3
Mr V
Veteran

England
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
You would still be wrong my friend, as you said...

Quote:
Originally posted by k-b

2 It will be slower by about 90s, because it's the aggregate of 2 laps
The answer would have been 97 seconds
Old 7 Mar 2005, 20:03 (Ref:1245944)   #4
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Come on V! Take a day off work and get those scores in, you know you want to!

Then again, if you took a day off work you'd probably prefer to do something else!
Old 7 Mar 2005, 20:40 (Ref:1245997)   #5
Mr V
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowlesy
Come on V! Take a day off work and get those scores in, you know you want to!

Then again, if you took a day off work you'd probably prefer to do something else!
Ain't that the truth. I am of course, now wondering why i offered to do this again, and i seem to recollect having something to do with it! ( i.e, i consumed too much, not the mods paying me for my services with it )

So, here are the results...

4 points

martyn bott
esorniloc
ozrevhead
Daisy
TBMATT05

3 points

BootsOntheSide
N I Tram
FerrariFanatic
Bleu
x_dt
supermagnet
luke
Pitstop
Kirk
devil racer nz
gert
DannyG
AdamAshmore
nick F1
Hugh Jarce
EERO
Red

2 points

Fish_Flake
Super Tourer
DKGandBH
Skam85
f1_carzy
dcp2685
climb
steve_r
davebreen
rameire
speedbump
Thorstone
knowlesy
Snrub
steevp
Peter Mallett
903cc
Clean Tone
TOMATO 1
Inigo Montoya
Mekola
Cougar
StickShift
garcon
David McManus
Led ZeppF1

1 point

kicking-back
mrs
marcel82
Cyntech
toot toot
ASCII Man
Bellof
Dixie Flatline
Phoenix1
neil_davidson2
senna12
touringlegend
#15 tkm 4/
Carla O
Asp
gti5notrkt
JohnSSC
ralf fan
Spritle
mirwin
Dani Filth

0 points

aussie_f3
ttc

Last edited by Mr V; 7 Mar 2005 at 20:41.
Old 7 Mar 2005, 20:47 (Ref:1246005)   #6
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!

4 points...Bloody marvellous.
Old 7 Mar 2005, 20:48 (Ref:1246008)   #7
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
1 point

Now reliability has been proven, we'll push for a win next time out
Old 7 Mar 2005, 20:49 (Ref:1246009)   #8
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
2 points.......OK, let's push on from here!
Old 7 Mar 2005, 20:55 (Ref:1246019)   #9
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Cheer Mr V.

A good start, but I really should have got 4. I missed out on a 50:50.

So did anyone put RBR for third
Old 8 Mar 2005, 02:30 (Ref:1246288)   #10
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
After an unusual race, 2 points is a good achievement for me.

Good work Mr V.
Old 8 Mar 2005, 11:23 (Ref:1246517)   #11
Pitstop
Veteran

United Kingdom
Devon, UK
Pitstop should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, I'm off to a megga start with 3 whole points, looks like it's gonna be back to the drawing board again this season.

Well done Mr V
Old 8 Mar 2005, 11:38 (Ref:1246530)   #12
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Two points. I'm sooo glad everyone else was hopeless.
Old 8 Mar 2005, 11:50 (Ref:1246539)   #13
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
3 points.

Better than garcon.

Last edited by EERO; 8 Mar 2005 at 11:50.
Old 8 Mar 2005, 11:57 (Ref:1246543)   #14
f1_carzy
Racer

United Kingdom
Bangor, Co Down
f1_carzy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
2 points is not at all bad...we are still competitive...
Old 8 Mar 2005, 12:44 (Ref:1246592)   #15
David McManus
Racer

David McManus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
2 points - it's a good start I suppose
Old 8 Mar 2005, 12:49 (Ref:1246602)   #16
Vicki
Veteran

England
Stoke
Vicki should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridVicki should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Ooooh. 3 points. That's alright, I'm doing ok in all the comps now. Onward and upward as they say!
Old 8 Mar 2005, 12:52 (Ref:1246606)   #17
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
only 1 point . from my first ever fans competition entry .. i'll try to improve during the season

Ciao Marco
Old 8 Mar 2005, 13:53 (Ref:1246672)   #18
climb
Veteran

St Pierre and Miquelon
closer than you thought!
climb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridclimb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
2 points, better than nothing in such an eventful race
Old 8 Mar 2005, 14:27 (Ref:1246698)   #19
JohnSSC
Veteran

Slovenia
Pittsburgh
JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!
One Whole Point!?

Perhaps I should pull a Button/Sato and pull in to the clinic for a new brain....

Thanks V! Hoist a pint for me, mate!

Alec sez: "Go Gillingham! 2 wins in a row!"
"He's still a young guy and I always think, slightly morbidly, the last thing you learn is how to die and at the end of the day everybody learns every single day." - The Ever-Cheerfull Ron Dennis on Lewis Hamilton.
Old 8 Mar 2005, 16:22 (Ref:1246795)   #20
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Thanks for the 1 point V....
Old 8 Mar 2005, 17:57 (Ref:1246908)   #21
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

I have double your tally....nyah....
Old 8 Mar 2005, 18:01 (Ref:1246910)   #22
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I actually have to give myself a pat on the back....it takes quite a lot of skill to manage to be behind you knowlesy...
Old 8 Mar 2005, 18:07 (Ref:1246919)   #23
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Why you little........!

Don't push it kid. Reign yourself in......
Old 8 Mar 2005, 18:10 (Ref:1246923)   #24
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
3 points, I'm cool with that.
Old 8 Mar 2005, 18:38 (Ref:1246955)   #25
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
So... luke's got as many points as knowlesy and ralf fan put together...