Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 7 Dec 2019, 19:58 (Ref:3945409)   #26
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
I thought this antiquity section of the forum was about cars, not people.
Old 7 Dec 2019, 20:00 (Ref:3945410)   #27
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
Some "motorhomes" are being re-classified as "goods vehicle with living accommodation."

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
There is a significant difference between a bespoke motor home and a 7.5T truck with bunk beds, fridge and a cooker nailed behind the cab!
Old 7 Dec 2019, 20:07 (Ref:3945415)   #28
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly View Post
There is a significant difference between a bespoke motor home and a 7.5T truck with bunk beds, fridge and a cooker nailed behind the cab!
I thought this section of the forum was about cars, not people.
Old 7 Dec 2019, 20:28 (Ref:3945421)   #29
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
>>>>>>>There is a significant difference between a bespoke motor home and a 7.5T truck with bunk beds, fridge and a cooker nailed behind the cab!

Mmm I agree but I did read it on Motorhomes R Us forum or something similar. It's happening to motorhomes not just converted lorries, according to what people were saying. It depends on the size of the garage.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Old 8 Dec 2019, 06:25 (Ref:3945512)   #30
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
Mmm I agree but I did read it on Motorhomes R Us forum or something similar. It's happening to motorhomes not just converted lorries, according to what people were saying. It depends on the size of the garage.
Yes, off topic but there are laid down measurements and parameters for changing the taxation class from van / truck to motorhome. Slightly bizarre, maybe, but my truck is exempt from road tolls in Germany because it meets their requirements to be reclassified! I’m not knocking it.....
Old 8 Dec 2019, 10:56 (Ref:3945536)   #31
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
I think it's something to do with windows as well, I did convert a LWB transit a while back.

Our old Lanka motor home was rated at 4250kg, with trailer scooter and race car added up to about 5600kg. And over 40ft long. I Passed my test in 1990 so have GF rights for bigger things.

I don't think I broke the law. I do remember reading up at the time!
Old 10 Dec 2019, 21:05 (Ref:3946006)   #32
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
I know that this is a thread about towing restrictions for us OAPs, however we have some funny old "home made" motorhomes that park up on one of our local "out of the way" beaches in the winter in Spain. One I saw was a 7.5 ton flatbed with a caravan body just ratchet strapped on with a short stepladder hinged on the side to climb into it !! Another one is an amazing ex army bomb proof lorry belonging to a Swiss guy, I couldn't hazard a guess as to how much it weighs.
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 10 Dec 2019, 21:55 (Ref:3946017)   #33
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
This is what I saw down here, I think it might be a little over 7.5 ton
Attached Thumbnails
MH2.jpg   MH1.jpg  
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 11 Dec 2019, 05:43 (Ref:3946069)   #34
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
I'll excuse you going off topic just because of those pics! How ever much (or little) does it do to the gallon...….
Old 11 Dec 2019, 11:23 (Ref:3946118)   #35
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
This is what I saw down here, I think it might be a little over 7.5 ton
Lots of 4T Bedfords still around as the MOD flogged all theirs off . . . this one was local to us.
Attached Thumbnails
2fbafee5f2a9a9f4c304e3b5da9586fc.jpg  
Old 11 Dec 2019, 12:05 (Ref:3946125)   #36
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly View Post
Lots of 4T Bedfords still around as the MOD flogged all theirs off . . . this one was local to us.
Yes that's the sort of thing that the "New Age Travellers" have parked up on one of the "nudy" beaches complete with solar panels and satellite dishes.
And Mike as for MPG it's probably GPM ! the guy normally leaves it parked on the beach and uses the motorbike. I don't know if he drives it down from Switzerland every year ? or leaves it parked up somewhere and flies home or he may live in Spain ? as I have sometimes seen it in the summer as well over the last few years. Whatever it is pretty impressive and a good talking point and people are always taking pictures of it. If I see it in the next few weeks I will endeavour to talk to the guy and find out the full SP