Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 16 Apr 2006, 16:22 (Ref:1585127)   #1
DeoValente
Racer

DeoValente has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Why do you think Kimi is going to Ferrari ?

What are your thoughts about Kimi supposedly signing for Ferrari in 2007?

I wish there was a poll option but i couldnt find it so i start a new thread about it.

Im convinced Kimi is not going to ferrari for the simple reason Shumi is gonna sign on for another few years and Rossi is more than likely to quit Motogp and get Massa's seat.

Another sign Kimi isnt moving is the big talk about where JPM might end up. Juan has been criticising the team and there are some sounds from the team that they are not that happy with the Colombians performance. I doubt very much Dennis will sign 2 new drivers for 2007 as he likes some continuity. And with the current performance of the Mclaren Kimi has little to desire and will probably be a bit confused with ferrari's future performance.

So im willing to bet a beer with anyone that Kimi isnt moving and if he is, certainly not to the red team.
Old 16 Apr 2006, 16:23 (Ref:1585128)   #2
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
To be honest id be more shocked if Kimi didnt go to Ferrari than if he did
Old 16 Apr 2006, 16:25 (Ref:1585132)   #3
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Oh, another thread on this....

Maybe Kimi will sign for someone else entirely?
Old 16 Apr 2006, 16:39 (Ref:1585147)   #4
pink69
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire / Nottingham
pink69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

I think Toyota's slow start to the season may well have put them out of the running. I think Kimi will go to Ferrari. Tyres won't be an issue if the single trye supplier rule comes in. Ferrari would be one of the few teams able to offer him more money than he is currently on. Not that money is his sole aim. Ferrari have been major title players since 1998, bar last season. If he wants to win the title, Ferrari, Mclaren or Renault are the teams to be with at the minute. I don't think Renault could afford him....and Mclaren have had reliability problems plus with Alonso coming in, could find himself playin second fiddle. But Michael's new contract with Ferrari could unstick the whole thing unless he gets equal status....can we see that happening?
Old 16 Apr 2006, 16:46 (Ref:1585155)   #5
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeoValente
I wish there was a poll option but i couldnt find it so i start a new thread about it.
There's no need to have a poll to discuss if He's going or not to Ferrari. There threads enough discussing about it, related or not, so we all better to stick to just one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeoValente
Im convinced Kimi is not going to ferrari for the simple reason Shumi is gonna sign on for another few years and Rossi is more than likely to quit Motogp and get Massa's seat.

Another sign Kimi isnt moving is the big talk about where JPM might end up. Juan has been criticising the team and there are some sounds from the team that they are not that happy with the Colombians performance. I doubt very much Dennis will sign 2 new drivers for 2007 as he likes some continuity. And with the current performance of the Mclaren Kimi has little to desire and will probably be a bit confused with ferrari's future performance.

So im willing to bet a beer with anyone that Kimi isnt moving and if he is, certainly not to the red team.
That's your opinion, and it's not a confirmation that he's not going to Ferrari, that's why the title was changed.
Old 16 Apr 2006, 16:47 (Ref:1585156)   #6
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
Michael's contract with Ferrari will be the same as all the others drivers': there will be a clause that says team-orders have to be obeyed.

There is no need for anything else.

Kimi may have concern over how the team may end up treating him, but those concerns would be over the operation of the team: it would have nothing to do with Michael's contract.
Old 16 Apr 2006, 16:55 (Ref:1585160)   #7
ACE Motorsport
Rookie

England
Melton Mowbray. UK
ACE Motorsport should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maybe Kimi thinks "if you can’t beat them, join them"!
Old 16 Apr 2006, 17:47 (Ref:1585186)   #8
DeoValente
Racer

DeoValente has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi
There's no need to have a poll to discuss if He's going or not to Ferrari. There threads enough discussing about it, related or not, so we all better to stick to just one.

That's your opinion, and it's not a confirmation that he's not going to Ferrari, that's why the title was changed.

D.V. dude. But i agree theres enough threads on this as it is.

As for Duttons post.. it may be true that team orders are to be obeyed by driver 1A...the common complaint with Rubens (and Irvine at the end of 99) was that at raceweekends all the engineers are working on Michaels car, and maybe 2 or 3 guys on theirs. It makes a difference if you have 30 guys working on your set up problems rather than 10% of that. And if Shumi signs on, i dont think Kimi would like to be in such a situation.
I wonder how they are gonna solve that with siging Rossi, who is not crazy either.
Old 16 Apr 2006, 17:52 (Ref:1585191)   #9
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACE Motorsport
Maybe Kimi thinks "if you can’t beat them, join them"!
but they did "beat them" last year
Old 16 Apr 2006, 17:58 (Ref:1585199)   #10
ACE Motorsport
Rookie

England
Melton Mowbray. UK
Kimi has never beat Michel, so I should have said "if he can't beat him, then join him".
Thanks for pointing that out to me ralf fan.
Old 16 Apr 2006, 18:05 (Ref:1585203)   #11
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
Well, he beat Michael last year too...
Old 17 Apr 2006, 07:39 (Ref:1585564)   #12
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACE Motorsport
Kimi has never beat Michel, so I should have said "if he can't beat him, then join him".
Didn't Kimi beat Michael last season? Isn't he currently beating him this season too?
Old 17 Apr 2006, 08:07 (Ref:1585584)   #13
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Looks like ACE is watching F1 in a different parallel universe then.
Old 17 Apr 2006, 08:59 (Ref:1585629)   #14
ACE Motorsport
Rookie

England
Melton Mowbray. UK
OK guys. I should have said won, and not beat. (them and him again).
Kimi has not won a world drivers championship when he has been driving against Michael. A red car has taken TGF to win over Kimi in a silver car.
Kimi did finish in front of Michael last year, so he did beat him, but Kimi didn’t win, and he still hasn’t won the world drivers championship yet, and TGF has.
Kimi is a good driver and deserves to be a WDC, maybe he will soon.
Beating isn’t winning. Maybe Kimi thinks his best chance of being WDC is in a Ferrari, personally I think he would be better to stay with Ron.
At least that’s how it looks in my parallel universe.
Old 17 Apr 2006, 10:09 (Ref:1585691)   #15
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutton
Michael's contract with Ferrari will be the same as all the others drivers': there will be a clause that says team-orders have to be obeyed.
there's no need for any clause ... if the team asks you to do something you do it ..

Ciao Marco
Old 17 Apr 2006, 15:47 (Ref:1585874)   #16
pole2pole
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Belfast
pole2pole should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think McLaren is a big enough team for both Kimi and Alonso to drive for after all this is the team that provided us with some fantastic action with both Senna and Prost driving together. Also I haven't heard anything on the subject of these guys not agreeing to race with each other are any sort of team orders. Ferrari is a mess and while Michael is there Kimi will not go near the red team to play a supporting role which is such a shame. Then you have Alonsos vacant seat at renault, but the interesting thing about this is when Alonso departs from the team will he take anybody with him. To be honest if Kimi where to leave McLaren I think there is more of chance of him going to Toyota rather than Ferrari
Old 17 Apr 2006, 16:08 (Ref:1585883)   #17
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Kimi going to Toyota?

I doubt it.

That team seems something of a rudderless ship these days.

Ferrari?

Possible - but I'm not convinced.

I think the most likely scenario is that he'll stay at McLaren and we'll see a titanic struggle for the World Championship between Kimi and Fernando.

Bring it on!
Old 17 Apr 2006, 19:03 (Ref:1587007)   #18
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by pole2pole
I think McLaren is a big enough team for both Kimi and Alonso to drive for after all this is the team that provided us with some fantastic action with both Senna and Prost driving together.
I really think it would be possible, but it seems that Kimi is not happy at McLaren, and is looking for a place somewhere esle.
Old 17 Apr 2006, 19:05 (Ref:1587009)   #19
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
I still maintain that Alonso was signed because Ron knew Kimi was looking elsewhere... ah well all will become clear in the next couple of months...
Old 17 Apr 2006, 23:55 (Ref:1587212)   #20
gttouring
Veteran

gttouring should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I really don't think he is going to ferrari- a rossi-Raikkonen pair? i don't see that likely...
Kimi at maclaren is a good fit, and I wish mika would come back.