Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 13 Jun 2011, 23:31 (Ref:2898474)   #1
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
Heidfeld

Boullier has already said he needs to lift his game, I can't see Canada helping his cause much, he qualified and was racing well in the points until that incident happened.

Judging by Boullier's complete lack of expression after the incident occured, it made me wonder how safe his seat is.

Would they drop Heidfeld? He hasn't been doing horribly, just solid. Petrov has his measure quite easily at the moment. I reckon he stays just because of pure lack of better options. Although I'd like to see how Bruno would go in the Renault.
Old 13 Jun 2011, 23:56 (Ref:2898480)   #2
flor
Veteran

flor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridflor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Until yesterday Heidfeld had more points than Petrov, so I cannot see how Petrov has his measure. Also, there is no one better available.
Old 14 Jun 2011, 00:16 (Ref:2898490)   #3
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
I don't think the problem at Renault is Nick..
Old 14 Jun 2011, 07:18 (Ref:2898588)   #4
Louis Agilais
Racer

Louis Agilais is a back marker
Renault, thanks to both his drivers is in the best place it can aim for, 4th. So, no point replacing Heidfeld, I think
Old 14 Jun 2011, 11:42 (Ref:2898754)   #5
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skam85 View Post
Would they drop Heidfeld? He hasn't been doing horribly, just solid.
Er, isn't that pretty much the story of his career?

His qualifying has generally been pretty poor relative to Petrov, although it has allowed him to benefit from having more option tyres available and use them to make up places in the race. The question, really, is who would replace him? They have some unconvincing test drivers who are by no means guaranteed to do any better, and a team that lost its lead driver so close to the start of the season could probably do without the upheaval of another driver change.
"The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence which can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." -- Elizabeth Bennet, 'Pride & Prejudice'
Old 14 Jun 2011, 11:56 (Ref:2898768)   #6
AUSRSR
Racer

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
AUSRSR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Give Bruno a go!
Old 14 Jun 2011, 12:05 (Ref:2898779)   #7
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
Heidfeld is a decent solid F1 driver doing a decent solid job. Now and again, despite having 10 years of decent solid performances to look back on, someone comes on here and claims he's some sort of hidden superstar. Once again, they've been proved wrong.
Old 14 Jun 2011, 20:13 (Ref:2899059)   #8
cds_uk
Veteran

England
Kesgrave, Suffolk, UK
cds_uk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think Nick is doing ok, bit of a daft mistake at the weekend but he was hardly the only driver to bump into another car was he. He will be 20 points up on Petrov at the end of the year no probs, if he gets to the end of the year.
Old 14 Jun 2011, 21:35 (Ref:2899092)   #9
FFmygale
Racer

England
UK
FFmygale should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Very rarely do I comment on here, but, as someone with a reasonable amount of race experience I feel that Heidfeld has had his chance and, in my mind, has failed to impress. Its a tough call as no one wants to put their balllls on the line and drop Heidfeld to risk Bruno, but with Heidfeld not really outperforming Petrov, personally I would think Bruno should at least be given a few Friday test runs to see how he compares. If that goes well, then a decision may need to be taken later in the season.
Old 15 Jun 2011, 01:39 (Ref:2899164)   #10
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
He has certainly been disappointing overall. I know I'm biased, but I like the sound of FFmygale's suggestion, particularly as we shall soon be back at circuits that Bruno knows.
Old 15 Jun 2011, 02:54 (Ref:2899184)   #11
flor
Veteran

flor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridflor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bruno Senna the guy who can't even beat Karun Chandok??? What were you guys smoking?
Old 15 Jun 2011, 09:12 (Ref:2899309)   #12
spider
Veteran

England
London
spider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridspider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm pretty sure that if they thought Bruno was up to it Eric would be mentioning Senna's name a few times, as Nick's hardly setting the world alight...
Old 15 Jun 2011, 09:39 (Ref:2899323)   #13
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by spider View Post
I'm pretty sure that if they thought Bruno was up to it Eric would be mentioning Senna's name a few times, as Nick's hardly setting the world alight...
As Louis inferred above in post #4 the matches are a little damp!
Old 15 Jun 2011, 13:55 (Ref:2899486)   #14
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
This is the Nick we all know for a long time... what's the fuss about it ?