Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 26 Jun 2014, 19:56 (Ref:3426906)   #51
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Timer set, only 351 days 17 hours 4 minutes and 32 seconds till start Pffffffff thats a long wait. But worth it.
Old 27 Jun 2014, 11:36 (Ref:3427114)   #52
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Just a heads up - if you're thinking of booking with an agent you might want to bang in a pre-order on tickets.

Just spoke to Travel Destinations. Their partner company (who look after just the tickets - not travel) have already sold out of their Houx allocation. Basically I had to add a ferry crossing if I wanted to get on Houx (Travel Destinations themselves have a larger allocation).
Old 27 Jun 2014, 11:41 (Ref:3427117)   #53
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
if i was to pre-order, when does one normally have to cough up the funds?
Old 27 Jun 2014, 12:06 (Ref:3427120)   #54
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
if i was to pre-order, when does one normally have to cough up the funds?
It's normally the back end of the year once the ACO confirm the various ticket prices.
Old 27 Jun 2014, 13:43 (Ref:3427156)   #55
BudLightJaguar
Veteran

Finland
BudLightJaguar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBudLightJaguar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Renault Mėgane's back seat was comfy enough to sleep. Though strangely headrests always resonated when one puts the pit speed limiter on.
Old 27 Jun 2014, 14:08 (Ref:3427160)   #56
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Gave the TD folks a call myself, pre-booked camping at Tertre Rouge for a group of 4-5 people. If I don't manage to rustle up enough people from around here, I'd be willing to host any stragglers.
Old 27 Jun 2014, 15:15 (Ref:3427181)   #57
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!

i think camp fangirl found its spiritual home this year on tr. pre-booking duly underway.
Old 27 Jun 2014, 15:55 (Ref:3427195)   #58
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Hey you lot leave some for me, Nadine only takes bookings in October, TR will be full up at this rate.
Old 28 Jun 2014, 05:01 (Ref:3427373)   #59
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
I have pre booked spaces on Houx for next year and it looks like we will have a big group as I have already confirmed over 30 from my regular group.
Old 24 Jul 2014, 11:27 (Ref:3437263)   #60
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
HA! well ive just launched the surprise at mum, we will be heading to le mans for the first time as my mums retirement present....motorhome is booked, tickets and camping reserved....now just the wait to get the ferry booked....

...its going to be a hectic couple of weeks, im racing myself the weekend before le mans, get home, get the car prepped, head out to le mans on Tuesday, watch the race, get back then get everything sorted for me racing the next weekend....

....can a 2 week holiday get any better than a drag racing/ le mans sandwich?!.....my other half DOES NOT approve lol!
Old 24 Jul 2014, 13:02 (Ref:3437281)   #61
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Pre-booking form for 2015 has just arrived from 1st Tickets. While it goes more or less without saying that I'll be making the trip, and again going for Tertre Rouge as a campsite, I'm wondering if Dunlop is still the grandstand of choice or if it's worth considering something else - I have a theory that Panorama might be good - anyone had any experience of it?
Old 24 Jul 2014, 13:22 (Ref:3437289)   #62
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
yes, a friend of mine scored tickets this year from ebay and was very very impressed. he really enjoyed the view and not just at the start. i can ask him for a more detailed review if you want?

i've filed my request with 1st tickets too. this is it, isn't it? there's no escaping now
Old 24 Jul 2014, 13:58 (Ref:3437305)   #63
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
yes, a friend of mine scored tickets this year from ebay and was very very impressed. he really enjoyed the view and not just at the start. i can ask him for a more detailed review if you want?

i've filed my request with 1st tickets too. this is it, isn't it? there's no escaping now
Detailed review always appreciated but in all honesty I suspect it's enough to make me give it a go and see what happens.

Suspect you might now have to chalk yourself up as being a little bit addicted - but was that ever seriously in doubt?
Old 24 Jul 2014, 16:18 (Ref:3437359)   #64
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
i think the consensus was that it was very very much worth going for seats, and the hype was by and large justified. i'll ask for an official opinion this evening

yeah, you're right. it wasn't ever really in question this year i've learnt that you can be in the pits, in the stands, wherever, as long as you're not on the couch at home. you can't say "once you do hospitality or the pits you never go back" because it's all just different ways of doing things. no one is better than the other. except tertre rouge. ian, that's your fault

mind you, easy to say that when it's a dry, warm year isn't it?
Old 24 Jul 2014, 17:34 (Ref:3437380)   #65
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Quote:
i think the consensus was that it was very very much worth going for seats, and the hype was by and large justified. i'll ask for an official opinion this evening

yeah, you're right. it wasn't ever really in question this year i've learnt that you can be in the pits, in the stands, wherever, as long as you're not on the couch at home. you can't say "once you do hospitality or the pits you never go back" because it's all just different ways of doing things. no one is better than the other. except tertre rouge. ian, that's your fault

mind you, easy to say that when it's a dry, warm year isn't it?
Tertre Rouge is still very enjoyable when it's cold and wet! If anything it tends to lead to a happy degree of sociability and shared adversity, and obviously the location is still just as fabulous...
Old 24 Jul 2014, 17:48 (Ref:3437388)   #66
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:

So you are hooked..........
Old 24 Jul 2014, 17:51 (Ref:3437389)   #67
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
So you are hooked..........
I suspect we wouldn't all be posting in this thread if we weren't. Okay, apart from a few trouble-stirrers...
Old 24 Jul 2014, 19:53 (Ref:3437446)   #68
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
I suspect we wouldn't all be posting in this thread if we weren't. Okay, apart from a few trouble-stirrers...
Yeah, but Simon is OK when he's sober........
Old 24 Jul 2014, 20:41 (Ref:3437459)   #69
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
following consultation with the panorama occupier, he can absolutely recommend it, but says the only downside is that it's a bit of a walk from the main drag, but given the campsite location that's a bit of a moot point.

i'm not hooked, i can quit at any time. i just don't want to.

(honest )
Old 25 Jul 2014, 05:57 (Ref:3437582)   #70
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Yeah, but Simon is OK when he's sober........
Thank you for that Andrew, 2014 was a much more sober year for me due to the fact that i had no driver for the car. Plans for next year must include finding a new teetotal driver,
Old 25 Jul 2014, 11:20 (Ref:3437668)   #71
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Count me out!
Old 25 Jul 2014, 11:38 (Ref:3437674)   #72
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Not sure how "teetotal" translates into dutch but you certainly do not qualify Vince
Old 25 Jul 2014, 11:53 (Ref:3437679)   #73
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
"Geheelonthouder"

Geheel = Total
Onthouder = Abstainer

And no I wouldn't (nor want to) qualify
Old 26 Jul 2014, 07:19 (Ref:3438084)   #74
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Sad to say it, but I'm pretty close to that these days.......
Old 26 Jul 2014, 08:18 (Ref:3438102)   #75
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
I do sometimes go for fair periods with out alcohol, but could not give it up completely
i like a good cup of tea or coffee but there is a limit to the amount of diet cola/lemonade you can drink before you start to wonder why you are drinking things you do not really want to