Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Closed Thread

Old 14 Sep 2021, 11:57 (Ref:4073802)   #401
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
Is this the first time something like this has happened?
Not really. I think in 2017, Wehrlein, Giovinazzi and Ericsson would have been placed 21st at times early in the seaon.

In 2016, Gutiérrez and Ericsson both completed a full season and finished 21st and 22nd respectively (behind Vandoorne who completed one race). Ocon was 23rd after 9 races and Haryanto 24th after 12 races.
Old 14 Sep 2021, 12:21 (Ref:4073808)   #402
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Is this the first time something like this has happened?
It can't be the first time something like this has happened, as similar will happen every time a temporary driver is used. You only have X cars, but you have X + n drivers, so somebody will always lower than the amount of cars.
Old 14 Sep 2021, 12:25 (Ref:4073811)   #403
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Not really. I think in 2017, Wehrlein, Giovinazzi and Ericsson would have been placed 21st at times early in the seaon.

In 2016, Gutiérrez and Ericsson both completed a full season and finished 21st and 22nd respectively (behind Vandoorne who completed one race). Ocon was 23rd after 9 races and Haryanto 24th after 12 races.

In 2016 there were 11 teams, as opposed to 10 and in 2017 didn't Toro Rosso have about 4 different drivers?
Old 14 Sep 2021, 12:34 (Ref:4073814)   #404
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
It can't be the first time something like this has happened, as similar will happen every time a temporary driver is used. You only have X cars, but you have X + n drivers, so somebody will always lower than the amount of cars.

I understand about temporary drivers but Mazepin has the drive for the whole season and it's not over.
Old 14 Sep 2021, 12:44 (Ref:4073818)   #405
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
In 2016 there were 11 teams, as opposed to 10 and in 2017 didn't Toro Rosso have about 4 different drivers?
You're right, I'd missed that - but it would have made Haryanto 23rd of 22 up to the 12th round.

Will Stevens finished 21st of 20 in 2015 - entered but did not particpate in the first round.

Max Chilton finished 23rd of 22 in 2013.
Pedro de la Rosa finished 25th of 24 in 2012.
Timo Glock finished 25th of 24 in 2011 and 2010.
Old 14 Sep 2021, 13:08 (Ref:4073824)   #406
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I was just making fun of the fact Mazepin is even behind a driver who has only done two races. That sums up how bad his season is
Old 14 Sep 2021, 13:45 (Ref:4073839)   #407
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Mazepin is living up to the pre-season hype, albeit with less sexually-questionable behaviour and more comedy.
Old 14 Sep 2021, 13:52 (Ref:4073841)   #408
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
I was just making fun of the fact Mazepin is even behind a driver who has only done two races. That sums up how bad his season is
Understood - I just wonder if it sums up how bad his season is, or how bad the car is?

If the WDC standings are an indication of who is having a bad season, I would rank the performances as follows (worst to best):

Tsunoda - 5 places and 48pts behind his team-mate.
Pérez - 4 places and 108.5pts.
Ricciardo - 4 places and 49pts.
Mazepin - 2 places and 0pts.
Bottas - 1 place and 80.5pts.
Stroll - 1 place and 11 pts.
Latifi - 1 place and 8 pts.
Sainz Jr. - 1 place and 6.5pts.
Ocon - 1 place and 5 pts.
Giovinazzi - 1 place and 1pt.

And a finish of 13th in any race would move Mazpein back up a place (he's already got a P14 this season). He's also having a better season (comparatively) to Pedro de la Rosa in 2012.
Old 14 Sep 2021, 14:17 (Ref:4073844)   #409
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
would a better car improve his awareness of cars around him or his position on the track?
Old 14 Sep 2021, 15:22 (Ref:4073869)   #410
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
would a better car improve his awareness of cars around him or his position on the track?

I think a lot of drivers would dread the thought of a better car
Old 14 Sep 2021, 23:38 (Ref:4073958)   #411
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
All it would mean is he would drive poorly against more than just Mick.
Old 14 Sep 2021, 23:40 (Ref:4073960)   #412
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Understood - I just wonder if it sums up how bad his season is, or how bad the car is?

If the WDC standings are an indication of who is having a bad season, I would rank the performances as follows (worst to best):

Tsunoda - 5 places and 48pts behind his team-mate.
Pérez - 4 places and 108.5pts.
Ricciardo - 4 places and 49pts.
Mazepin - 2 places and 0pts.
Bottas - 1 place and 80.5pts.
Stroll - 1 place and 11 pts.
Latifi - 1 place and 8 pts.
Sainz Jr. - 1 place and 6.5pts.
Ocon - 1 place and 5 pts.
Giovinazzi - 1 place and 1pt.

And a finish of 13th in any race would move Mazpein back up a place (he's already got a P14 this season). He's also having a better season (comparatively) to Pedro de la Rosa in 2012.
I think qualifying and race gaps as opposed to Championship standings would be a better measure of Mazepin's season.

Tsunoda is going up against a proven winner whereas Mazepin is against a fellow rookie. So while statistically accurate that list isn't really a true reflection on some of the above driver's seasons IMO.
Old 14 Sep 2021, 23:41 (Ref:4073961)   #413
Skam85
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer View Post
Mazepin is living up to the pre-season hype, albeit with less sexually-questionable behaviour and more comedy.
Maybe he has just stopped filming it
Old 15 Sep 2021, 00:04 (Ref:4073963)   #414
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
Quote:
You mean in 2022, "could Toto swap him for George?"
Old 15 Sep 2021, 18:39 (Ref:4074124)   #415
greentrumpet
Racer

greentrumpet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgreentrumpet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
If he drove a better car the penalties would at least mean something. You can't start 3 places back from the back of the grid. Not that I envisage him getting a better drive.
Old 23 Sep 2021, 13:04 (Ref:4075137)   #416
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Mazepin, along with Mick Schumacher, hav been confirmed by Haas for next year.

https://www.skysports.com/f1/news/32...VlZni0rI31lEXg
Old 23 Sep 2021, 13:07 (Ref:4075138)   #417
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Mazepin, along with Mick Schumacher, hav been confirmed by Haas for next year.

https://www.skysports.com/f1/news/32...VlZni0rI31lEXg
In news that will shock no one as he's pretty much keeping the team afloat at this point.
Old 23 Sep 2021, 22:11 (Ref:4075203)   #418
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
I understand about temporary drivers but Mazepin has the drive for the whole season and it's not over.
Quite. He could still drop to 23rd or so...
Old 24 Sep 2021, 07:12 (Ref:4075220)   #419
bathurst77
Veteran

Australia
Biding my time in Vandemonia
bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!
Just read that Haas have signed up Hasaspins dad for another year
Old 24 Sep 2021, 08:08 (Ref:4075227)   #420
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Schumacher must really, really want to be in F1 - or has a rock solid, gold plated promise from Ferrari.

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk
Old 24 Sep 2021, 08:22 (Ref:4075229)   #421
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
Schumacher must really, really want to be in F1 - or has a rock solid, gold plated promise from Ferrari.

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk
There have been suggestions that Ferrari will bring him in for 2023, for Sainz, though you’d have to question the sanity of that.
Old 24 Sep 2021, 08:26 (Ref:4075232)   #422
S griffin
Veteran

Schumi Jr has done a solid if unspectacular job. It's a no brainer to keep him
Old 24 Sep 2021, 08:32 (Ref:4075234)   #423
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Schumi Jr has done a solid if unspectacular job. It's a no brainer to keep him
They want the money. Maz and Schu have done very similarly, all told, and both bring big budgets.
Old 24 Sep 2021, 10:01 (Ref:4075247)   #424
S griffin
Veteran

Schumacher has been quicker more often and has not incurred ire of other drivers, so I say he has done a better job than Mazepin
Old 24 Sep 2021, 10:20 (Ref:4075252)   #425
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Schumi Jr ...... It's a no brainer to keep him
... if only for the $$$ he brings, and attracted publicity that goes with the name.
Closed Thread