Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 27 Aug 2021, 14:31 (Ref:4070666)   #2701
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Thanks Joe ?
Old 31 Aug 2021, 09:04 (Ref:4071339)   #2702
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Plea for help.
Were any photographers at Oulton Park over the weekend? I would like a few pictures of any Morgans racing in Roadsports/Historic Roadsports for use in the MOG magazine, no money would change hands, but credit would be given.

Cheers,

Bauble.
Old 31 Aug 2021, 14:14 (Ref:4071378)   #2703
Brian A
Racer

England
Sunny West Sussex
Brian A should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
Plea for help.
Were any photographers at Oulton Park over the weekend? I would like a few pictures of any Morgans racing in Roadsports/Historic Roadsports for use in the MOG magazine, no money would change hands, but credit would be given.

Cheers,

Bauble.
Hi Bob,

Pat hasn't downloaded her pictures yet, but she was taking pictures of the HRS race at Knicker Brook (I think that's where she was) - but probably any Morgan pictures will also have an Elite in them!

We'll let you know shortly
Old 31 Aug 2021, 14:45 (Ref:4071383)   #2704
Brian A
Racer

England
Sunny West Sussex
Brian A should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes - She's got loads of Morgan pictures, send me a mail about the best way to send them to you. She was only photographing my race so we don't have any from the '70s Roadsports race unfortunately

All the best
Old 31 Aug 2021, 14:46 (Ref:4071384)   #2705
Malcolm Smith
Veteran

Malcolm Smith should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Plea for help.

Cheers,

Bauble.
Hi Bob, I have photos from both races. Several look of reasonable quality, will send by email - I have your address from previous PM. When do you need them
to meet your publication date?
Old 31 Aug 2021, 15:35 (Ref:4071392)   #2706
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malcolm Smith View Post
Hi Bob, I have photos from both races. Several look of reasonable quality, will send by email - I have your address from previous PM. When do you need them
to meet your publication date?
15/09/2015.

Thanks Malcolm, it is good to have friends.

If used I will send you a copy of the magazine to show all of your family.

Last edited by bauble; 31 Aug 2021 at 15:43.
Old 31 Aug 2021, 15:40 (Ref:4071393)   #2707
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian A View Post
Yes - She's got loads of Morgan pictures, send me a mail about the best way to send them to you. She was only photographing my race so we don't have any from the '70s Roadsports race unfortunately

All the best
PM sent.
PS I may have to crop out the Lotus!
Old 31 Aug 2021, 19:26 (Ref:4071411)   #2708
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
15/09/2015.

I have bad news - you've missed your copy date........
Old 31 Aug 2021, 21:54 (Ref:4071436)   #2709
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancsbreaker View Post
I have bad news - you've missed your copy date........
Goodness is that the time?
Old 9 Sep 2021, 23:16 (Ref:4072873)   #2710
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've not seen any posts from our good friend from France recently. Has anyone heard from Gerard?
Old 10 Sep 2021, 00:17 (Ref:4072880)   #2711
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by morninggents View Post
I've not seen any posts from our good friend from France recently. Has anyone heard from Gerard?
I was thinking the same yesterday. Last visited here on 30th August. I did send him an email enquiring, but heard nothing as yet.... will post here when I get an answer, hopefully later today.
Old 10 Sep 2021, 20:35 (Ref:4072980)   #2712
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Merci pour votre sollicitude, c'est si rare de nos jours.
Was busy with a Miata, in fact two of them, one of rental another I bought a while ago. As a spare I have a mega engine super tuned, knowing that our specific regulation allows almost nothing, you should understand the bill is over tuned and the result… more than disappointing. Gosh, its a dog! Not my style to complain about the engine, I usually blame the driver or the chassis settings, but at Val de Vienne when the whole batch was cruising at more than 7k in fourth I had to use the fifth to jump over the invisible hurdle settle at 6,2/ 6,4 in fourth.
We checked every sigle part, tried different ignition timings from 10 to 16°, cam timing, camshafts and so on. The engine builder says its only a matter of running in… My mate has a fully original engine with 80k + miles in the conrods and its a weapon.
Next race will be at Charade, hope for the rain and stay focused on the chassis.
Thinking about a new head with better hydraulic lifters but if its a gremlin in the ecu or the maf it will be hard and costy to sort out.
Still had some fun (meaning two front wings and a bumper!) finishing 6 and 5 on 31 but I never appreciated rubbin' racing…
Old 11 Sep 2021, 02:19 (Ref:4073018)   #2713
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Was busy with a Miata, in fact two of them, one of rental another I bought a while ago.
Gérard tu es un vilain garçon qui disparait comme ça. Nous étions inquiets pour toi!
Ne le refais plus
Good to see you back.
Old 11 Sep 2021, 08:13 (Ref:4073042)   #2714
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Today I am in the wheel tracks of the greats. Last week, Delta, MGD and Mary trod these hallowed paddocks, today it's Midgetman and MiniMM. We will try to be worthy of you, but the track is a tad slippery under the trees. No surprise there then.

Given my screen name you may be mildly surprised to hear that the Midget is actually MiniMM's.

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk
Old 11 Sep 2021, 12:03 (Ref:4073070)   #2715
Tel 911S
Veteran

Tel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Was busy with a Miata, in fact two of them, one of rental another I bought a while ago. As a spare I have a mega engine super tuned, knowing that our specific regulation allows almost nothing, you should understand the bill is over tuned and the result… more than disappointing. Gosh, its a dog! Not my style to complain about the engine, I usually blame the driver or the chassis settings, but at Val de Vienne when the whole batch was cruising at more than 7k in fourth I had to use the fifth to jump over the invisible hurdle settle at 6,2/ 6,4 in fourth.
We checked every sigle part, tried different ignition timings from 10 to 16°, cam timing, camshafts and so on. The engine builder says its only a matter of running in… My mate has a fully original engine with 80k + miles in the conrods and its a weapon.
Next race will be at Charade, hope for the rain and stay focused on the chassis.
Thinking about a new head with better hydraulic lifters but if its a gremlin in the ecu or the maf it will be hard and costy to sort out.
Still had some fun (meaning two front wings and a bumper!) finishing 6 and 5 on 31 but I never appreciated rubbin' racing…
Good to hear you are still OK Gerard .

A friend with a MIATA had problems with his .
I told him about resetting the ECU for the " drive by wire " throttle pedal .
He says it is now a very different car .
So might be worth doing if that has not been set .
Old 11 Sep 2021, 16:00 (Ref:4073101)   #2716
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Thanks Tel, mine is a NA 115 first generation and the regulation is strict when played as should. It can be many things, including an innocent sensor on a water hose. No fly by wire on this. I'll borrow a second hand and tested MAF just during FP at Charade. When you dont try to push the revs above 6.2/6.4 its fine but the others can take much more than 7k which is important given the horrible gearing specially the huge gap between the second and third speed.
Old 11 Sep 2021, 16:06 (Ref:4073103)   #2717
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
Gérard tu es un vilain garçon qui disparait comme ça. Nous étions inquiets pour toi!
Honestly, I have some secondary effects like drained feeling, dizziness or loss of some tenths of view but its impossible to blame the vaccine. No regret anyway.
Old 11 Sep 2021, 20:48 (Ref:4073150)   #2718
Tel 911S
Veteran

Tel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Thanks Tel, mine is a NA 115 first generation and the regulation is strict when played as should. It can be many things, including an innocent sensor on a water hose. No fly by wire on this. I'll borrow a second hand and tested MAF just during FP at Charade. When you dont try to push the revs above 6.2/6.4 its fine but the others can take much more than 7k which is important given the horrible gearing specially the huge gap between the second and third speed.
It is the later ones which have a " drive by wire " throttle .
But it is always good to clean the MAF sensors with a proper spray .Over time they do build up a coating which can wrongly adjust the fuel/air mix .

Best of luck with it .
Old 18 Sep 2021, 11:30 (Ref:4074463)   #2719
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
My car insurance renewal has just been delivered by email.

The usual 10% increase of course.

But tucked away in the changes to the policy notes is one about no longer including 3rd party cover for driving other vehicles with the owner's permission.

Now normally I would not do that unless in an emergency or on a short run for convenience. 3rd party cover does not cover much and simply makes one legal.

However, why would it be removed as a service?

Has anyone had a similar situation?

My wife's insurance was renewed recently so I had a look at her documents. No mention of the 3rd Party aspect being revoked but the wording in that area and for some other things was less than transparent.

The renewal document for mine is similar.

Different broker sources for each policy but it turned out to be the same underwriting company for both policies.

I think I may need to read the rest of the renewal document in some detail.

I'll discuss this with the broker next week. And maybe look at some other options.
Old 20 Sep 2021, 06:57 (Ref:4074754)   #2720
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
My broker wrote renewing my policy in July, telling me in great detail that they had had to change underwriters. No problem to me, the policy went down £240!

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk
Old 20 Sep 2021, 07:49 (Ref:4074759)   #2721
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
I've just renewed my bike policy, 4 Lambrettas, all agreed value. and ride to work. £165. It doesn't mention anywhere about 3rd party cover, just an additional ream about overseas.
Old 21 Sep 2021, 22:27 (Ref:4074973)   #2722
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Spoke to the Insurance broker helpdesk today.

Apparently it's just something companies do from time to time.

Right at the end of the conversation they let slip that quite a few people had queried this recently. In which case maybe the time has come to seek alternatives to obtain some sort of negotiating position.

A new form of gouging perhaps?
Old 21 Sep 2021, 22:42 (Ref:4074974)   #2723
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

As I was washing the car today a neighbour wandered by and stopped for a short chat. Hadn't seen him to talk to properly for a while. As we stood there 2 NHS first responder vehicles turned up followed by an ambulance.

2 of the bungalows seemed to be gaining some attention. Both occupied by no-longer-young whose wives have passed away.

Anyway, during the conversation we some how got around to F1 and how he no longer has an interest. It turned out that he was at University with Patrick Head and another chap who went on to work at Girling and then on to Lotus. He gave me the name but I didn't manage to remember it well. Didn't hear it properly at the time.

Dr. Derek ended up at Rolls Royce in Derby at a fairly senior Engineering level, retiring quite a few years ago.

Having known him to chat to for about 38 years it seemed strange to suddenly discover such a past connection. One wonders why the topic had not come up before.
Old 22 Sep 2021, 00:47 (Ref:4074981)   #2724
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
I was just in the kitchen making myself a cup of tea when the house started shaking. All stopped 10 seconds later..... turned the news on and sure enough we had an earthquake just North East of Melbourne.
It seems no serious injuries at this stage but a wall on a building collapsed in South Yarra, a couple of klms from me. It was a magnitude 6.0, although 5.8 has just been mentioned for an aftershock. I remember we had one of similar force about 10 years ago in my previous house which broke a few windows.

A few videos and ics in the following news link.
https://7news.com.au/weather/earthqu...city-c-4033870

Hopefully the unvaccinated protesters (construction workers here have been told 'no jab no job' and organising protests against anyone and everyone ). Due to happen in the city today so hope they will stay at home today because of the tremors.
Old 22 Sep 2021, 05:08 (Ref:4074991)   #2725
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Earthquakes are scary. You feel totally helpless. Hopefully there were no injuries as you say.

We had a magnitude 3 here and people kept talking about it for weeks. The 6.8 I experienced in Tirana 3 years ago unfortunately did cause fatalities.
Closed Thread