Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 18 Mar 2021, 18:35 (Ref:4041312)   #1
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Sebring 12 Hours 2021

The race is happening. Session one is done.

http://results.imsa.com/Results/21_2...actice%201.PDF

Linky things!

Timing

Track Map

Results

Weather

Post Race

Last edited by joeb; 20 Mar 2021 at 11:55.
Old 19 Mar 2021, 00:12 (Ref:4041382)   #2
jimclark
Veteran

United States
Champion Porsche/Audi territory
jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!
Night practice - Session 3 right now: https://livetiming.alkamelsystems.com/imsa

Qually tomorrow, 11:15 am - 12:45 pm Eastern USA.

jimclark
Old 19 Mar 2021, 00:13 (Ref:4041383)   #3
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
You need to add links NOW, joeb. I'm lost without them!

And Thursday night practice about now I would think. Wish I was there!!!
Old 19 Mar 2021, 01:33 (Ref:4041393)   #4
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I’m not there

But wooooooo, racing.
Old 19 Mar 2021, 02:02 (Ref:4041399)   #5
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
You need to add links NOW, joeb. I'm lost without them!

And Thursday night practice about now I would think. Wish I was there!!!
Sorry, i got stuck actually working today and then also tonight. I have friday off, so that will be my goal.
Old 19 Mar 2021, 03:39 (Ref:4041407)   #6
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
You're forgiven.

Glad some things change but are still the same:

https://twitter.com/sebringraceway/s...326297607?s=19
Old 19 Mar 2021, 16:45 (Ref:4041538)   #7
WyldStallion
Veteran

WyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Corvette C8 broke 1 min in qualifying into the 1:54 bracket. Very impressive. I guess we have reached the high water mark in terms of speed for GT cars for the forseeable future. GTD pros lapped in 1 min 59s so we'll be back there next year. A lap of 1:54.9 is mid to back of the pack in the prototype grid in 2014/2015.
Old 19 Mar 2021, 17:18 (Ref:4041547)   #8
TheMightyM
Veteran

TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!
And Jimmie Johnson lost it at the end of qualifying and put into the tire wall at Turn 17 after also spinning at Turn 16 on the same lap. The car took a far amount of damage.

Why do I have a feeling he’ll be a backmacker in IMSA and IndyCar?
Old 19 Mar 2021, 20:21 (Ref:4041594)   #9
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMightyM View Post
And Jimmie Johnson lost it at the end of qualifying and put into the tire wall at Turn 17 after also spinning at Turn 16 on the same lap. The car took a far amount of damage.

Why do I have a feeling he’ll be a backmacker in IMSA and IndyCar?
There is a long list of people that have gone into the tires at turn #17 at Sebring. I guess you could call it a baptism for him. He has a good amount of race time in sportscars and has done well, so I think he will be OK.
Old 19 Mar 2021, 21:38 (Ref:4041599)   #10
belt driven
Racer

United States
NE exurban ATL
belt driven has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by skycafe View Post
There is a long list of people that have gone into the tires at turn #17 at Sebring. I guess you could call it a baptism for him. He has a good amount of race time in sportscars and has done well, so I think he will be OK.
Trying for a last hot lap on dirty tires sounds like something a former PC driver would do. I think his winless streak will reach 132.
Old 20 Mar 2021, 11:26 (Ref:4041657)   #11
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Yeah, JJ is older than me trying something new. He's gonna make some mistakes.

But let's talk about race day!! I've got a busy day but hope to be listening in to most of it. I'll certainly get in front of a TV towards the end of day!

Quali results:
https://www.imsa.com/weathertech/results/

1 Pipo Derani 1:45.354
2 Ricky Taylor 1:45.464
3 Renger van der Zande 1:45.849

GTLM is
Corvette, Corvette, BMW, BMW
Old 20 Mar 2021, 11:53 (Ref:4041670)   #12
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
My day is the same. We’ve got a pinewood derby race again! Last one was during Daytona 24.

Cloudy and in the 70s during the afternoon. A small chance of rain.

Corvettes looking quick...
Old 20 Mar 2021, 11:56 (Ref:4041671)   #13
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
The opening post has been updated with some linky items.
Old 20 Mar 2021, 13:36 (Ref:4041696)   #14
canaglia
Veteran

canaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by WyldStallion View Post
Corvette C8 broke 1 min in qualifying into the 1:54 bracket. Very impressive. I guess we have reached the high water mark in terms of speed for GT cars for the forseeable future. GTD pros lapped in 1 min 59s so we'll be back there next year. A lap of 1:54.9 is mid to back of the pack in the prototype grid in 2014/2015.
Agree 1.54.9 is basically in between the slowest 2014-2016 IMSA lmp2 and fastest LMPC, which is great considering how heavy gtlm cars are.
I hope next year gtd bop will be more gtopen likely compared to the actual one.
Old 20 Mar 2021, 14:13 (Ref:4041704)   #15
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Doubt it, think teams wanting to find pros and support want the base GT3 regs. Think we'll see slightly faster times with all pro teams but more like the usual progress rather than a big change but I'm often wrong so.

LMP3 made it 30 seconds before a spin. Is that drink or finish drink?
Old 20 Mar 2021, 14:17 (Ref:4041706)   #16
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
BMW drivers are effing cry babies every damn race, you bash others all the time and then cry on lap 1? Shut your yap and drive, especially since on board showed you're full of it and then tried to drive the 4 in to the wall in the corner.

IMSA watch the onboard, the 4 followed the line in the track the entire way off sunset to start line. Tell Rahal to shut the f up and find someone to pay for his race team.

Last edited by broadrun96; 20 Mar 2021 at 14:22.
Old 20 Mar 2021, 14:25 (Ref:4041709)   #17
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
And J. Johnson lasted 13 minutes ...
Old 20 Mar 2021, 14:29 (Ref:4041712)   #18
belt driven
Racer

United States
NE exurban ATL
belt driven has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Anyone stateside getting incar cams on IMSA TV? Or are they blacked out too..
Old 20 Mar 2021, 14:39 (Ref:4041717)   #19
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Doubt it, think teams wanting to find pros and support want the base GT3 regs. Think we'll see slightly faster times with all pro teams but more like the usual progress rather than a big change but I'm often wrong so.

Take a drink, it's waayyy too early in the morning to finish your drink.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gert View Post
And J. Johnson lasted 13 minutes ...
Finish your drink

Quote:
Originally Posted by belt driven View Post
Anyone stateside getting incar cams on IMSA TV? Or are they blacked out too..
Working here..
Old 20 Mar 2021, 14:58 (Ref:4041719)   #20
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Mistake from Pipo? I'm only listening....

They're dissecting it now on IMSA radio. Sounds like a racing deal but was it a bit early for agression?
Old 20 Mar 2021, 15:00 (Ref:4041720)   #21
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Quote:
3 cars wide, 31 on the inside, outside car 23 squeezes middle car 01, 01 squeezes 31, 31 against inside of the wall.
Suspension damage.
Old 20 Mar 2021, 15:10 (Ref:4041724)   #22
WyldStallion
Veteran

WyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Lexus 1-2 in GTD...oh wait its hour 1. Won't be the case by night fall.
Old 20 Mar 2021, 15:11 (Ref:4041725)   #23
TheMightyM
Veteran

TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:

They're dissecting it now on IMSA radio. Sounds like a racing deal but was it a bit early for agression?

A racing incident but Pipo was being a little overly aggressive early in the race. The TV coverage was on the in-car as it happen (!) and I was thinking where exactly does Pipo think he's going? Two GTDs ahead and a DPi to his left as they're all heading into Turn 17.…
Old 20 Mar 2021, 15:27 (Ref:4041729)   #24
WyldStallion
Veteran

Be patient Proton, should have kept Cooper in the car longer.
Old 20 Mar 2021, 15:51 (Ref:4041734)   #25
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
99 practising drfiting!