Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Overdrive BTCC Diecast Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Armchair Enthusiast

Old 13 Jul 2023, 16:34 (Ref:4168264)   #1
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Upcoming racing films and series

Apex
  • Apple film
  • Actors: Brad Pitt, Damson Idris
  • Director: Joseph Kosinski
  • Writer: Ehren Kruger
Ferrari
  • STX film
  • Actors: Adam Driver (Enzo Ferrari), Penélope Cruz (Laura Ferrari), Gabriel Leone (Alfonso de Portago), Patrick Dempsey (Piero Taruffi).
  • Director: Michael Mann
  • Writer: Troy Kennedy Martin
Lamborghini: The Man Behind the Legend
  • Lionsgate film
  • Actors: Frank Grillo (Ferruccio Lamborghini), Gabriel Byrne (Enzo Ferrari), Frank Grillo (Annita).
  • Director and writer: Robert Moresco
Senna
  • Netflix series
  • Actors: Gabriel Leone (Ayrton Senna)
  • Directors: Vicente Amorim and Julia Rezende.
Old 20 Nov 2023, 17:40 (Ref:4186655)   #2
Guthrie
Rookie

United States
Atlanta
Guthrie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I am really looking forward to the release of "Ferrari". The trailer looks pretty good and I am sure the movie will also be a really good one.
Old 22 Nov 2023, 07:23 (Ref:4186842)   #3
coppice
Veteran

Australia
Thirsk, North Yorkshire
coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!
The Brawn series on Disney + is excellent . It's hosted by Keanu Reeves , who makes every question sound absurdly portentous , but the interviews and archive stuff with everyone from Button via Barrichello to Brawn Fry to Ecclestone* and Di Montezemolo are compelling .

* BCE treats us to his usual gnomic nonsense about dictators etc
Old 22 Nov 2023, 15:48 (Ref:4186893)   #4
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
"Lamborghini: The Man Behind the Legend" has been panned by all sorts of critics.
Old 23 Nov 2023, 11:17 (Ref:4186995)   #5
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guthrie View Post
I am really looking forward to the release of "Ferrari". The trailer looks pretty good and I am sure the movie will also be a really good one.
Looking forward too, here. Not sure it will be a good one but really don't care that much. Sure Adam Driver is a great actor but the relationship with Enzo is more Hollywood-style than credible imo. Not so many occasions to watch something related to this kind of stuff. Will watch.
Old 23 Nov 2023, 11:25 (Ref:4186996)   #6
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
"Lamborghini: The Man Behind the Legend" has been panned by all sorts of critics.
https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/lamborghini_the_man_behind_the_legend

Nabu, did you ever watch the french crappy "Overdrive"? https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x5pmz5g
If you show some interest in Bugatti's, this one could be better (caution: german advert…) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zT6sB_Uc_g Note: nice MG B at 36".
Old 23 Nov 2023, 13:44 (Ref:4187002)   #7
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
I haven't, and neither have I watched Grand Prix, Le Mans, Winning, Cannonball, The Great Race or older films.
Old 24 Nov 2023, 11:11 (Ref:4187118)   #8
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
My opinion only: Grand Prix is a timewarp, Le Mans by McQueen is an absolute reference. OK, if you don't appreciate some romance added to hot abestos brake pads smell and castor oil, don't watch!
Old 12 Dec 2023, 12:09 (Ref:4188886)   #9
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFvQbWRxajc

Fantastic documentary (full film) of Michael Fassbender's Le Mans.
Old 15 Dec 2023, 17:54 (Ref:4189158)   #10
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks for the link
Old 16 Dec 2023, 07:54 (Ref:4189206)   #11
coppice
Veteran

Australia
Thirsk, North Yorkshire
coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
My opinion only: Grand Prix is a timewarp, Le Mans by McQueen is an absolute reference. OK, if you don't appreciate some romance added to hot abestos brake pads smell and castor oil, don't watch!
Le Mans is a simply terrible film , redeemed only by some nice footage of 512s and 917s . Grand Prix is an enjoyable watch , even though the cars were largely tarted up F3 cars and it was fun spotting the real racing drivers in it.

The Ford v Ferrari film was enjoyable, but the on track stuff was silly. And it seems to have created a small army of Ken Miles fans , convinced he was robbed of victory by a conspiracy, rather than just being collateral damage to Ford's publicity stunt. Wonder how many Miles fans had even heard of him before the film ?
Old 16 Dec 2023, 12:44 (Ref:4189228)   #12
Tel 911S
Veteran

Tel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...ous_poster.jpg

One for Gerard C , real short film about a no holds barred drive through Paris . He has probably seen it , might have even been part of it .
Completely mad but real , unlike a lot of the " Hollywood " style car movies .

Not sure if it can been linked to or even watched now as it was so " UNWOKE " compared to todays stuff .
Old 16 Dec 2023, 13:41 (Ref:4189233)   #13
Tel 911S
Veteran

Tel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tel 911S View Post
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...ous_poster.jpg

One for Gerard C , real short film about a no holds barred drive through Paris . He has probably seen it , might have even been part of it .
Completely mad but real , unlike a lot of the " Hollywood " style car movies .

Not sure if it can been linked to or even watched now as it was so " UNWOKE " compared to todays stuff .

Found it . Try this link .
Caution , do not try this driving yourself .
Old 16 Dec 2023, 16:08 (Ref:4189243)   #14
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Came across this trailer at Youtube:

Quote:
Race For Glory: Audi Vs Lancia

Feel the thrill of the road with this action-packed sports drama inspired by true events. Daniel Brühl (The King’s Man) and Riccardo Scamarcio (A Haunting in Venice) star in a true David vs. Goliath story spotlighting the intense rivalry between Germany (Audi) and Italy (Lancia) at the 1983 Rally World Championships. Against all odds, Lancia battles to regain its former glory with an unbeatable combination of bold innovation and extraordinary courage.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ER_nwY9ADBQ
Old 16 Dec 2023, 18:33 (Ref:4189260)   #15
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Advice like this is Health and Safety gone mad. You’re too WOKE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
We’re planning a works trip to see it.
Old 17 Dec 2023, 09:32 (Ref:4189309)   #16
Tel 911S
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Advice like this is Health and Safety gone mad. You’re too WOKE.

We’re planning a works trip to see it.

Not quite sure about health and safety , but a rough count shows him going through nearly 20 RED traffic lights at high speed .
If you watch till the end , it looks like he was on a "Promise " , so perhaps it was all worth it .

Did see the trailer for " Race For Glory " a while ago , and it seemed to say the film is out in early Jan .
Old 17 Dec 2023, 14:38 (Ref:4189317)   #17
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Upcoming racing films and series

Yeah, I’ve had a copy for years. I “recreated” it through Milton Keynes (!) a few years back with a Go Pro. While it was in a ‘60s car which sounded great I overplayed the Rendezvous sound. It is rumored was done for the original and the actual car was a fast Merc.

Unlike the original, and because I am woke, I did speed my version up and edited it to remove how long I had to stop at a red light (I think I only got one).
Old 18 Dec 2023, 13:45 (Ref:4189407)   #18
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
There's an upcoming documentary film about Uruguayan rally driver Gustavo Trelles. He was a four-time FIA Group N champion. The Wikipedia photos are mine

Producers say that they collected eons of footage, I wish they had done a series instead.
Old 18 Dec 2023, 19:32 (Ref:4189438)   #19
mab01UK
Veteran

mab01UK should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmab01UK should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmab01UK should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmab01UK should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid

Series started new to Freeview every Thursday from 16 November @10pm on Quest channel (Freeview 12, Freesat 172, Sky 144, Virgin 137) and on Catch Up TV.
"Bernie Ecclestone gives a highly personal account of his life in this 8-part series, which was first shown on the on demand service Discovery+ in 2022. It features some impressive archive footage."
Lucky! TV series Promo:-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJGDhNrL0oM&t=20s
Old 23 Dec 2023, 17:23 (Ref:4189720)   #20
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
'F course I wont… Thanks for the link, always enjoyable.
Old 7 Jan 2024, 18:19 (Ref:4191040)   #21
Tel 911S
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post

Race For Glory is now released , just watched it on computer and it is not bad at all .