Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 9 Apr 2020, 07:37 (Ref:3969532)   #351
smokystove
Racer

United States
BERLIN, GERMANY
smokystove should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelBirch View Post
July 2021......so this years entries roll over if you pay your fees now.
Not at all surprised but bummed 2020 isn't happening.

I actually said no to some gigs to be there!

Was looking forward to being you and JR's Hanger-On-In-Chief.

Here's hoping my rescheduled tour doesn't get put in that slot for 2021!

- Earl
Old 9 Apr 2020, 12:07 (Ref:3969578)   #352
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokystove View Post
Not at all surprised but bummed 2020 isn't happening.

I actually said no to some gigs to be there!

Was looking forward to being you and JR's Hanger-On-In-Chief.

Here's hoping my rescheduled tour doesn't get put in that slot for 2021!

- Earl
Fingers crossed Earl, Our tour In June is all out the window now. A real shame as it's the forst time we'd managed to get a decent lump of gigs together for some time. As things stand I don't think we have a gig now until November. can't even rehearse properly, reduced to Drum n bass with my son! could be worse I suppose, could be stuck with a guitarist or keyboard player
Old 9 Apr 2020, 13:11 (Ref:3969593)   #353
smokystove
Racer

United States
BERLIN, GERMANY
Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly View Post
Fingers crossed Earl, Our tour In June is all out the window now. A real shame as it's the forst time we'd managed to get a decent lump of gigs together for some time. As things stand I don't think we have a gig now until November. can't even rehearse properly, reduced to Drum n bass with my son! could be worse I suppose, could be stuck with a guitarist or keyboard player
Same here Joe, nothing until late Oct.
The music world is same as the motorsport world, everyone and their dog now scrambling to reschedule for the Fall/Winter 2020 at the same time creating a total clusterf@$!
Seems motorsport will have an equally difficult domino effect stretching well into 2022.

Many a fine band has been started with just a rhythm section so maybe you're onto something with Zef Jr.!
Old 10 Apr 2020, 07:51 (Ref:3969721)   #354
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
We have rolled our six entries over to next year.
Peter Auto may be expensive but they are one of the best operators in the business and I am totally relaxed about leaving the dosh with them.
Now to see if we can talk PA to allow a couple of Talbots in the competition section of Tour Auto
Mike Bell as navigator for Grumpy as hopefully he will be sorted out and Zef can go with MB . Obviously got nothing else to do!.
I will take 356 in the regularity with Jez
Seems like a good idea to me! ( Not sure PA will agree!)
We will do teams for LMC when the final list is available.
Old 10 Apr 2020, 08:11 (Ref:3969723)   #355
smokystove
Racer

United States
BERLIN, GERMANY
Quote:
Originally Posted by john ruston View Post
Good to hear Jez is fit again for action!
Old 10 Apr 2020, 08:16 (Ref:3969725)   #356
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
I’ve not asked him yet! We did mention it earlier.
He’s still a bit crook but he needs to get back to it and there will be less stress with me than other two!!
Old 10 Apr 2020, 11:13 (Ref:3969756)   #357
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Happy to read you consider Tour Auto too, Mr Ruston. Some competitors use one driver for the stages and the other for the tracks. Not sure Mike will love to race at Magny-Cours though… C'est la vie!

My pockets are far from deep to say the least but I dont find PA to be expensive just cost effective. They give a lot more than others, this is only my opinion.

May be Mike will like to open a thread for Tour Auto… What about that, Boss?
Old 10 Apr 2020, 12:01 (Ref:3969770)   #358
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

Got to take Jez
It’s now about ten years since we won regulatory
Gareth used to annoy people, especially 911’s and an ex works Citroen in Tour Espania
They didn’t take kindly to be beaten by a 1931 Talbot.
Old 10 Apr 2020, 12:12 (Ref:3969772)   #359
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
They didn’t take kindly to be beaten by a 1931 Talbot.
Ha, yes? Let delta give you the right words: WTF! Its a race so que le meilleur gagne!
Old 10 Apr 2020, 20:11 (Ref:3969900)   #360
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
We have rolled our six entries over to next year.
Peter Auto may be expensive but they are one of the best operators in the business and I am totally relaxed about leaving the dosh with them.
Now to see if we can talk PA to allow a couple of Talbots in the competition section of Tour Auto
Mike Bell as navigator for Grumpy as hopefully he will be sorted out and Zef can go with MB . Obviously got nothing else to do!.
Seems like a good idea to me! ( Not sure PA will agree!)
We will do teams for LMC when the final list is available.
I'm liking the sound of that
Old 10 Apr 2020, 20:21 (Ref:3969903)   #361
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

I’ve asked about the possibility using the Tour Espania as precedent.
Chances of getting away with it?
More chance of Trumper going a whole day without once bending the truth!
Old 11 Apr 2020, 10:54 (Ref:3970026)   #362
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Logistics for such an event is slightly more complicated than for a track only event. Closing roads, finding hotels and restaurants for all the competitors and the assistance crews must not be an easy task I guess. I would love to see your Talbots at Grand Palais of Paris at the end of August! Elles auraient fière allure.
Old 15 Apr 2020, 14:16 (Ref:3970952)   #363
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
I hear France have now officially put a ban on all events with large spectator participation until mid July, hence TdF now moved!
Old 15 Apr 2020, 16:11 (Ref:3970973)   #364
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Right Mike, Tour Auto Optic 2000 (official name…) had been re-scheduled on August 31, September 5. 2020 I mean…

What is said by our prez' is often moderated by PM or others one day later. For instance May 11 is what they think could be a partial end of confinement, lock down, a date TBC and not for everyone. The situation is so unusual to say the least that I won't blame them to be unsure.

Peter Auto suggest a nice free toy here:
https://www.lemansclassic.com/langua...a-787b-papier/
For Le Mans Classic or Mazda fans. As to the wonderful sound of the original machine, knowing spiting on your screen is not encouraged, manage yourself and be happy!

Just for the smile, we're many to consider using our race cagoules because we have not enough face masks ATM…

Last edited by Gerard C; 15 Apr 2020 at 16:14. Reason: Smile!
Old 15 Apr 2020, 16:22 (Ref:3970978)   #365
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Would really love to see you at Tour Auto Mike but I must warn you… If some of JR drivers are attacked by kangaroos, in our forests we too have wild animals. That are called… squirrels! Guess what? They can fly over a Talbot!
Old 15 Apr 2020, 21:36 (Ref:3971044)   #366
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
Wasn't there another cranially challenged US president who had issues with T'rrist Squi'rrls?
Old 16 Apr 2020, 04:45 (Ref:3971076)   #367
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Dunno. US prez'?
Just heard about a guy in Alabama feeding his squirrel with meth! The poor animal was supposed to become more dangerous than a trained german shepherd…
Old 16 Apr 2020, 09:07 (Ref:3971090)   #368
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
I thought they fried them and ate them in Alabama, or was that just Elvis ?
Old 16 Apr 2020, 10:29 (Ref:3971109)   #369
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
May be its about Chamallows squirrel taste? What do I know!
Old 17 Apr 2020, 05:38 (Ref:3971253)   #370
drbob
Racer

drbob should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Would really love to see you at Tour Auto Mike but I must warn you… If some of JR drivers are attacked by kangaroos, in our forests we too have wild animals. That are called… squirrels! Guess what? They can fly over a Talbot!
Ha ha monsieur
Attached Thumbnails
kangaroo3.jpg  
Old 17 Apr 2020, 05:45 (Ref:3971255)   #371
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by drbob View Post
Ha ha monsieur

Brilliant.....
Old 17 Apr 2020, 06:40 (Ref:3971256)   #372
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Old 1 Jul 2020, 18:22 (Ref:3984967)   #373
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
From Friday 3 at 3 PM, you can watch some vids lasting for 48 hours. Not the real thing but I think some Tenthers can be seen. Connection from the PA FB page. Enjoy.
Old 1 Jul 2020, 19:03 (Ref:3984980)   #374
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Watch where?
Old 1 Jul 2020, 19:06 (Ref:3984981)   #375
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

Peter autos Le Mans Classic On internet

Probably see our old bags of bolts dominate Grid 1!