Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 16 Aug 2022, 01:06 (Ref:4122907)   #726
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Some good rich energy vibes here:
https://twitter.com/sniffpetrol/stat...cGof0U6-ZuY-VA

Anyway, more importantly, can you actually buy the stuff?
Old 16 Aug 2022, 09:25 (Ref:4122924)   #727
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post

Amazon are selling cases of Rich Energy Sugar Free.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...7651_713859831
Old 16 Aug 2022, 09:42 (Ref:4122925)   #728
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
I think it's unfair to compare VJ to Storey. He at least knew how to run a team and who to hire and didn't pretend to know it all.
When you compare it to running a team - Rich Energy's 2022 results suggest that team management is not a problem.

They are currently 2nd in BSB and top of the Independent Teams and Drivers in BTCC.
Old 16 Aug 2022, 11:57 (Ref:4122942)   #729
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
But Rich Energy have never run a team. They are just the sponsors of BTC Racing and nothing more. Same with OMG who they sponsor in BSB. The running of the team is nothing to do with Rich Energy
Old 16 Aug 2022, 13:06 (Ref:4122952)   #730
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:

Nothing really has changed recently As mentioned above it is available on Amazon UK, but it is sold by OMG (in which WS claims doesn't have the rights to sell.) I can't find a way to buy it in the US. As it has for many weeks, the main website is very basic and says "under construction".

Oh, and the Jaguar "donut" video with WM flailing about is priceless. The podcast mentioned above, also comments on the poor purchasing options (including the under construction website)

Richard
Old 17 Aug 2022, 08:29 (Ref:4123012)   #731
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I really doubt any non racing fans have heard of them. They haven't got themselves on the map alongside any other energy drinks. Putting it just online is very short sighted. You need to put it where it will grab the public's attention. Like supermarkets
Old 17 Aug 2022, 09:59 (Ref:4123023)   #732
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
I really doubt any non racing fans have heard of them.
I think you're missing their involvement outside of racing.

They have/been involved with sponsorship of football, darts and boxing and Storey was linked with a takeover of Sunderland AFC.
Old 17 Aug 2022, 10:14 (Ref:4123027)   #733
S griffin
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
I think you're missing their involvement outside of racing.

They have/been involved with sponsorship of football, darts and boxing and Storey was linked with a takeover of Sunderland AFC.

Yeah, ‘only’ linked with a takeover of Sunderland and tbh, not many football fans outside of Sunderland really knew about it
Old 17 Aug 2022, 11:21 (Ref:4123031)   #734
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Yeah, ‘only’ linked with a takeover of Sunderland and tbh, not many football fans outside of Sunderland really knew about it
I'm sorry - but I think you can't claim to know that for certain.

But - having started with the assumption that non racing fans wouldn't know about him, you're now admitting that football fans in Sunderland will too. The potential takeover has been covered in many nationwide football publications, and I know it was discussed on fans podcasts for a number of West Midlands based clubs.

I can't be certain that knowledge of Rich Energy will be widespread in football communities (or other sports) - but I know it is not just limited to Sunderland. Just because you are not aware of the profile, does not mean others aren't:

West Ham fans go after Rich Energy following defensive Tweet

but - back on topic (if the topic remains valid with Rich Energy's focus elsewhere). It's gone a bit quiet in terms of Rich Energy promoting their F1 affiliation, aside from generic comments about F1 matters and praise/derision being directed at F1 personnel.

Personally - I can see Rich Energy returning to F1 in the form of an end-plate (or similar) sponsorship from one of Rich Energy's seemingly numerous distribution agents. I wonder if they have a distribution agents signed up for Qatar or China yet?
Old 17 Aug 2022, 12:52 (Ref:4123043)   #735
coppice
Veteran

Australia
Thirsk, North Yorkshire
coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!
49 pages now - I remain bemused on why a sponsor is found so fascinating . 600 more posts than British GP .

Maybe I should start a thread on Southern Organs....?
Old 17 Aug 2022, 13:06 (Ref:4123045)   #736
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by coppice View Post

Maybe I should start a thread on Southern Organs....?

Jeez wasnt that name on just about every car and series at some stage in the seventies.Sidney Miller had a lot to answer for.
Old 17 Aug 2022, 15:02 (Ref:4123049)   #737
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
But can you buy Southern Organs?
Old 17 Aug 2022, 15:25 (Ref:4123050)   #738
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
But can you buy Southern Organs?
Only on Hire Purchase apparently.....
Old 8 Sep 2022, 14:30 (Ref:4125318)   #739
RichP
Rookie

RichP should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Londis at the NEC (Birmingham) had the 'normal' and sugar-free versions for sale in the shop today.
Old 8 Sep 2022, 15:34 (Ref:4125324)   #740
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichP View Post
Londis at the NEC (Birmingham) had the 'normal' and sugar-free versions for sale in the shop today.
Maybe it is a hint they are working out their internal squabbles over who owns distribution rights?? Including who owns/manages the RE domain (see below)???

Main website still shows "under construction". Its been that way since at least mid-July if not earlier.

https://www.richenergy.com/

Richard
Old 9 Sep 2022, 08:49 (Ref:4125392)   #741
S griffin
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichP View Post
Well that was quick. Only took them 7 years to appear in shops
Old 9 Sep 2022, 09:12 (Ref:4125395)   #742
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Well that was quick. Only took them 7 years to appear in shops
They've been in shops for a long time now.
Old 26 Sep 2022, 14:26 (Ref:4127526)   #743
Richard C
Veteran

The book about the Rich Energy/Haas saga should ship in the next week or so. I have a preorder. After I read my copy, I will post my thoughts into this thread. I expect it will not cover the recent drama around OMG racing, who has (or doesn't have) distribution rights, etc.

Richard
Old 26 Sep 2022, 23:59 (Ref:4127588)   #744
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
You can buy the book, but can you actually buy the drink?
Old 27 Sep 2022, 00:39 (Ref:4127598)   #745
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
I bought a shirt
Old 27 Sep 2022, 07:21 (Ref:4127624)   #746
S griffin
Veteran

Quote:
You can buy the book, but can you actually buy the drink?
Will the book be for sale in more retails than the drink?
Old 27 Sep 2022, 07:39 (Ref:4127634)   #747
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Will the book be for sale in more retails than the drink?
It looks like the book is available in less outlets than the drink.

In the US - via the publisher's website only. Outside of the US, the book seems to be Amazon only.

Rich Energy by comparison is available in (some) stores, many bars and via Amazon.
Old 27 Sep 2022, 15:00 (Ref:4127675)   #748
Richard C
Veteran

Well, given book is about a product that is frankly generally known within a small population. And more well know for the antics of people involved in it. I do expect it may not have "wide distribution". It is a niche product about a niche product. I expect the target audience is pretty small.

Maybe the authors should take a page from Storey's marketing book. Come out swinging at established authors like King, Grisham, Martin, etc. about how bad they are and how they need to watch out as they are about to have their lunch eaten. Throw in some flat earth and mole men tunneling under us comments as well just to spice up their marketing. It probably would work.

Richard
Old 27 Sep 2022, 15:15 (Ref:4127677)   #749
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post
Maybe the authors should take a page from Storey's marketing book. Come out swinging at established authors like King, Grisham, Martin, etc. about how bad they are and how they need to watch out as they are about to have their lunch eaten. Throw in some flat earth and mole men tunneling under us comments as well just to spice up their marketing. It probably would work.

Richard
OK, William, you can uncloak yourself now
Old 27 Sep 2022, 16:11 (Ref:4127680)   #750
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I had a look on Amazon's website and the drink isn't available anymore, thought it is available online at Drink Supermarket and ebay.

The book, ''Racing with Rich Energy: How a Rogue Sponsor Took Formula One for a Ride'' by Elizabeth Blackstock and Alanis King, published by McFarland & Co Inc ISBN: 9781476688800, is available for pre-order in the UK at Bookshop.org, Waterstone's and WH Smith for £31.50, in paperback. The publishing date is 30/09/2022.