Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 17 Oct 2010, 08:08 (Ref:2776004)   #51
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaireSmith View Post
Wow, the graphics have come along way since the 2000 game!!

looks great

On the back of this, I was in Toys r us yesterday and speaking to the staff who had a memo round last week saying that GT5 has been put back til December!

I tend to think (as per the below thread) that its a ploy to make it a very happy xmas for the creators!

http://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=124039
Old 8 Nov 2010, 14:56 (Ref:2787065)   #52
johntt
Veteran

England
England
johntt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
That's when I get really cheesed off that I can't have this for my PC.......
Noone has the Le Mans licence, it was featured in a very limited form in GRID the track and a few of the cars are in GT5.

The biggest obstacle for anyone trying to put together a Le Mans game would be the licence for Porsche who have an exlcusive deal with EA, and sub-licence it to Microsoft for Forza.
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit.' And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." -Ayrton Senna
Old 8 Nov 2010, 18:15 (Ref:2787157)   #53
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'd be quite happy to run at Le Mans (virtually) without any Porsches......
Old 13 Nov 2010, 19:52 (Ref:2789774)   #54
johntt
Veteran

England
England
johntt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I'd be quite happy to run at Le Mans (virtually) without any Porsches......
That would be like an F1 game without Ferrari.
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit.' And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." -Ayrton Senna
Old 15 Nov 2010, 04:39 (Ref:2790824)   #55
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
What happened to the ALMS game that was supposed to come out on xbox many moons ago?
Old 15 Nov 2010, 16:42 (Ref:2791131)   #56
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
City of Glasgow, Scotland, UK
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Never heard that.

Forza has a good part of the ALMS calendar and a good amount of cars from the ALMS.
Old 17 Nov 2010, 19:23 (Ref:2792234)   #57
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by johntt View Post
That would be like an F1 game without Ferrari.

No, not particularly. There are currently no Porsche prototypes at Le Mans and I could survive without the GT2s.
Old 29 Nov 2010, 15:52 (Ref:2797225)   #58
Stahler
Rookie

Stahler should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Aysedasi, I do agree that basic rFactor without any mods has no soul. Yes. But if you want an accurate Le Mans simulation, there is no better 'platform' IMHO. There are many versions of La Sarthe track, the best modern layout version is probably this http://www.virtualr.net/le-mans-2004...tion-released/ . However, there is a gorgeous historic version from years 1977 and 1979 made by Virtua LM modding group which is also developing a 90s version of La Sarthe and a stunning Group C mod - http://www.virtua-lm.com/lemans/ .

If you want a grid full of modern LM cars, there is another fabulous mod made by Enduracers where you can race almost every modern Le Mans car http://www.enduracers.com/ .

I do not say that rFactor is perfect, e.g. LFS surely has better 'feeling' but in terms of complexity there is no match for rFactor.
Old 29 Nov 2010, 22:20 (Ref:2797373)   #59
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Hi 'Erich' ()

I actually have many mods, including all the Le Mans circuit versions and Enduracers. But I haven't found Peugeots yet..... Nor have I found a decent Group C mod. I'm sure that Le Mans project will be great, but like many of these things, I'll be old and grey before it's released - just look at how long Sports Car Legends for GPL took to finally get released.....
Old 5 Dec 2010, 14:13 (Ref:2799944)   #60
Stahler
Rookie

Stahler should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hello Aysedasi, and thanks for a welcome .

You're right that many mods take a lot of time to be made. We've all been waiting for Prototype-C mod (the only credible rFactor Group C mod so far) for many years and it's not out yet...

A service pack for Enduracers' mod including Pugs and Audis was released yesterday. There is also a mod called ILMS which should contain both 908 and R10 plus many more cars, I haven't tried it yet but links are here http://f1classic.your-talk.com/gt-ca...full-t4102.htm .
Old 5 Dec 2010, 14:32 (Ref:2799949)   #61
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Proto C will never come out on RF, that much has been detailed on their website.

It might come out on RF2 but for now is only available as a mod for F1 challenge
Old 8 Dec 2010, 21:53 (Ref:2801699)   #62
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stahler View Post
Hello Aysedasi, and thanks for a welcome .

You're right that many mods take a lot of time to be made. We've all been waiting for Prototype-C mod (the only credible rFactor Group C mod so far) for many years and it's not out yet...

A service pack for Enduracers' mod including Pugs and Audis was released yesterday. There is also a mod called ILMS which should contain both 908 and R10 plus many more cars, I haven't tried it yet but links are here http://f1classic.your-talk.com/gt-ca...full-t4102.htm .

Aha! Thanks for the heads-up!
Old 10 Dec 2010, 10:36 (Ref:2802369)   #63
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!
Ok Sorry I have missed loads of this and havent got the time to scroll back

Im thinking of getting the PS3 with GT5

Does it come with Le mans?, can I play Le Mans without going through all the race stuff?...I mean in arcade mode as such?...can I just get straigh to that track without all the hassle. GT4 showed the Le Mans circuit but I could never find it

Help
Blonde from Essex who loves Le Mans (Aysi will vouch for that)
Old 13 Dec 2010, 19:55 (Ref:2804009)   #64
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
There's an arcade mode with Le Mans day/night track variations and a few dozen cars already unlocked.

You can also go online where there will usually be a dozen or so Le Mans events you can take part in with the same selection of cars.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APHux...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzWPNshceyY

Last edited by JAG; 13 Dec 2010 at 20:02.
Old 24 Dec 2010, 07:39 (Ref:2808041)   #65
Desperate Dan
Rookie

Desperate Dan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Originally Posted by Stahler
Aysedasi, I do agree that basic rFactor without any mods has no soul. Yes. But if you want an accurate Le Mans simulation, there is no better 'platform' IMHO. There are many versions of La Sarthe track, the best modern layout version is probably this http://www.virtualr.net/le-mans-2004...tion-released/ . However, there is a gorgeous historic version from years 1977 and 1979 made by Virtua LM modding group which is also developing a 90s version of La Sarthe and a stunning Group C mod - http://www.virtua-lm.com/lemans/ .
I have both Tracks for GT Legends on the PC & it's Awesome.
Loads of extra's & add on Tracks at no Grip Racing Forums as well