Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 16 Sep 2019, 20:14 (Ref:3928401)   #1851
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
As far as I am concerned (and this is from the Spanish government) a non resident (like me) can only stay in the country for 183 days in 12 months and only 90 days consecutively.
Of course we used to do what we liked as it was quite difficult to check in days gone by, but now with all the modern technology ( a lot paid for by the UK) !!! a Spanish cop can check up on you with the press of a button.
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 17 Sep 2019, 04:34 (Ref:3928450)   #1852
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Thst was wjat I said s long time ago. Because we are non Schengen we can't have the full freedom of movement thing. Many on the remain side don't understand this.
Old 17 Sep 2019, 08:47 (Ref:3928478)   #1853
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Thst was wjat I said s long time ago. Because we are non Schengen we can't have the full freedom of movement thing. Many on the remain side don't understand this.
Will that make it any worse or better for me when we (eventually) come out Peter ? Too much red tape for me to handle I know we will have to use the non EU channel at the airport that is already in place at our local down here.

Yes if you happen to live on the continent regardless of who you are or what residency you have there is no control with open borders.
I don't think face recognition cameras will be very popular if (or when) they start being put up all over the place
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 17 Sep 2019, 08:54 (Ref:3928479)   #1854
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I suspect it will be the same since these countries don't want to lose the possible income.
Old 17 Sep 2019, 16:55 (Ref:3928555)   #1855
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Calais is apparently ready for a no deal Brexit. The boss of the port stated categorically that as long as hauliers had the (electronic) paperwork in order there will be no delays.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Old 17 Sep 2019, 18:44 (Ref:3928562)   #1856
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
Calais is apparently ready for a no deal Brexit. The boss of the port stated categorically that as long as hauliers had the (electronic) paperwork in order there will be no delays.
We've been told the port needs the electronic paperwork 24 hours in advance - which causes us problems as we don't have the stock 24 hours in advance of shipments going out (so we'll have to hold stock - and lose shelf life in the process, increasing waste). Also any meat or product containing animal products will need vetinary certificates (each product or class of product will need its own certificate - so multiple for each truck). Certificated and non-certificated product can't be mixed in a trailer so we'll have to send additional vehicles (this also means we can't deliver direct to customers - stock will have to be delivered to a consolidation centre and cross docked there for its final journey to the customer). The vet certificates will be issued when we receive stock in from suppliers - the process of unloading an inbound vehicle goes from 15 minutes to anywhere up to 2 1/2 hours. We'll need 4 vets on site 24/7 to issue the required certificates - there aren't any on site currently and none are available.

The most likely result of this is our customer will close their continental outlets as the increased costs in the above process will wipe out any profit they make from the overseas sales.
Old 17 Sep 2019, 20:04 (Ref:3928573)   #1857
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
........ Certificated and non-certificated product can't be mixed in a trailer so we'll have to send additional vehicles (this also means we can't deliver direct to customers - stock will have to be delivered to a consolidation centre and cross docked there for its final journey to the customer). .........
would a drawbar unit solve that problem?
Old 17 Sep 2019, 20:17 (Ref:3928575)   #1858
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGDavid View Post
I can't see why not from a paperwork point of view, but from a practical point of view it depends on the delivery location - some can accept drawbars others can't (also on a more basic level - we don't have enough).
Old 17 Sep 2019, 20:20 (Ref:3928576)   #1859
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Colin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridColin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGDavid View Post
Not sure I've ever seen more than half a dozen drawbar fridge trucks in my life, and regarding vets I don't know if it is generally the case but our local practice in Kent now has 80% from eastern Europe. Somewhat ironic if we have to rely on them to check our exports.

The point I was making (badly) when I mentioned the historical delays at Dover is that there are untold complications for those that have to deal with all manner of back room operations that were never considered when the dream of 'just leave regardless' was being peddled by Boris and his cronies 3 years ago. It's just not that simple, these things will take time, and meanwhile there will be real misery for lots of businesses (incl motorsport) whilst it all settles down. It will be 20 years before we regain any sort of genuine equilibrium, and a lot can happen in that time to further derail the process (Iran?). But for everyone's sake let's bloody get on with it and stop fannying about!!!
Old 17 Sep 2019, 21:05 (Ref:3928581)   #1860
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin McKay View Post
Not sure I've ever seen more than half a dozen drawbar fridge trucks in my life, and regarding vets I don't know if it is generally the case but our local practice in Kent now has 80% from eastern Europe. Somewhat ironic if we have to rely on them to check our exports.

The point I was making (badly) when I mentioned the historical delays at Dover is that there are untold complications for those that have to deal with all manner of back room operations that were never considered when the dream of 'just leave regardless' was being peddled by Boris and his cronies 3 years ago. It's just not that simple, these things will take time, and meanwhile there will be real misery for lots of businesses (incl motorsport) whilst it all settles down. It will be 20 years before we regain any sort of genuine equilibrium, and a lot can happen in that time to further derail the process (Iran?). But for everyone's sake let's bloody get on with it and stop fannying about!!!

What happens to trucks trading in the EU but needing to cross England/Wales to get to Eire? And vice versa when they return.

Will they be sealed so that they can just drive through?
Old 17 Sep 2019, 21:17 (Ref:3928585)   #1861
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin McKay View Post
But for everyone's sake let's bloody get on with it and stop fannying about!!!
Yep. It's the uncertainty that's been causing the problems - if it was clear from day 1 what we'd need to provide customs then things could have been put in place (the electronic format has only recently been confirmed). The politicians have just ****ed away the whole period since the vote furthering their own careers and giving two fingers to us 'the plebs'.
Old 17 Sep 2019, 21:18 (Ref:3928586)   #1862
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
It’s the whole mess that has created this uncertainty, I don’t think anyone was prepared for it. Guess they thought it would never happen, now we are in this sticky situation
Old 18 Sep 2019, 05:23 (Ref:3928619)   #1863
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Such profound words, S griffin.....

Colin, we’re singing from the same hymn sheet! And coincidentally, I was parked close to a drawbar fridge unit the other night- think first one I’ve seen....
Old 26 Sep 2019, 16:34 (Ref:3930248)   #1864
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Crikey it's over a week since the last post. Is everyone too shocked by events (judgements?!) of the last 2 days to comment?
Old 26 Sep 2019, 18:03 (Ref:3930254)   #1865
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
Crikey it's over a week since the last post. Is everyone too shocked by events (judgements?!) of the last 2 days to comment?
There seems to be a lot of doubt over the eleven judges unanimous decision, based to quite some extent on the unsupported word of John Major. Major criticised the length of suspension of parliament when he did the same for a much longer period himself. Contradictory interpretation of 'advice' also questioned.

The establishment will stoop to any low to prevent Brexit.

Come on Nigel your country need you.
Old 26 Sep 2019, 18:06 (Ref:3930255)   #1866
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
I'm just astounded that after all the hubris of the Supreme Court decision to annul the prorogation, whether you think it right or wrong, the best the assembled bunch of our elected representatives could manage was the bearpit that we saw last night - which was a complete and utter disgrace in what is allegedly a debating chamber.

At least today Bercow had the decency to advise that the "toxic" atmosphere should be scaled back - pity he couldn't control it yesterday.....
Old 26 Sep 2019, 18:47 (Ref:3930260)   #1867
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancsbreaker View Post
I'm just astounded that after all the hubris of the Supreme Court decision to annul the prorogation, whether you think it right or wrong, the best the assembled bunch of our elected representatives could manage was the bearpit that we saw last night - which was a complete and utter disgrace in what is allegedly a debating chamber.

At least today Bercow had the decency to advise that the "toxic" atmosphere should be scaled back - pity he couldn't control it yesterday.....

It's tempting to consider offering Barnier a Presidency to take over.

He could stay wherever he lives and we could demolish the houses of Parliament and save several billion pounds worth of pointless refurbishment.

Alternatively the clown bloke from Italy perhaps?

Little if anything could be less positive then the stupidity we seem to have elected by accident.
Old 28 Sep 2019, 08:34 (Ref:3930542)   #1868
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
There seems to be a lot of doubt over the eleven judges unanimous decision, based to quite some extent on the unsupported word of John Major. Major criticised the length of suspension of parliament when he did the same for a much longer period himself. Contradictory interpretation of 'advice' also questioned.

Come on Nigel your country need you.
Keep up, Bob

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...sion-EVER.html

Just saying ……...
"It's pure joy. This was the perfect training for the WEC after a summer of not racing, even though the car is faster than LMP2." Nicolas Minassian after lapping at 123mph in the Group C Jaguar XJR-14, setting a new outright lap record for the historic GP circuit at Silverstone Classic in 2013!
Old 28 Sep 2019, 13:30 (Ref:3930565)   #1869
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Turner View Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OWxQOGi87s

Well I am no expert on constitutional law, but this makes sense to me.

Sorry about the advert, upsetting I know.
Old 28 Sep 2019, 13:46 (Ref:3930566)   #1870
bauble
Veteran

England
Boris Johnson is under attack from every angle, and I can understand why. He used the word 'Humbug' to describe the rant of some female Labour MP who once again dredged up the murder of Jo Cox for political gain. The reply that it was 'humbug' is disgraceful.

Almost at the same time while reading a book by Charles Dickens in which he also used the disgusting word I was quite shocked. Charles Dickens using the word humbug?
'
I shall be lobbying the next Corbyn Government to have all of this author's books banned form schools, libraries, and shops.

Meanwhile I think that Johnson's past should be examined more closely for further mis-demeanours. I bet that at the age of three he threw his rattle out of the pram, probably spat on the pavement when he was six, used the word, nasty to describe someone at the age of ten.

Not fit for PM. Why even wants to honour the promises made by both Tory and Labour parties when seeking election.

How low can you get.

Time for a Swindles/Corbin alliance to truly represent the Will of The People, after all they know best what it is.
Old 28 Sep 2019, 15:40 (Ref:3930585)   #1871
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I was merely drawing attention to your reference to 'Nigel', not offering an opinion.

We must find you some better things to do. You're beginning to sound like a two 'Bob' watch!
"It's pure joy. This was the perfect training for the WEC after a summer of not racing, even though the car is faster than LMP2." Nicolas Minassian after lapping at 123mph in the Group C Jaguar XJR-14, setting a new outright lap record for the historic GP circuit at Silverstone Classic in 2013!
Old 28 Sep 2019, 20:20 (Ref:3930636)   #1872
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Turner View Post
I was merely drawing attention to your reference to 'Nigel', not offering an opinion.

We must find you some better things to do. You're beginning to sound like a two 'Bob' watch!
John, good friends we may be but you need a ticking off. And I'm the man to hand you one any minute, now without a second thought. This is no wind up.
Old 30 Sep 2019, 05:03 (Ref:3931000)   #1873
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Going back to the nuts and bolts of future euro travel for us racing types, for the first time ever last night I was asked at Dunkirk for my CMR. I’m not sure the lady asking knew what one was, but she was asking to see it.....

So for those with trips left this season, maybe worth concocting some official looking loading lists to hand out if asked!
Old 30 Sep 2019, 06:16 (Ref:3931004)   #1874
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Funny how initials mean different things. I saw CMR and wondered why you needed a kid's karting helmet!

So what's "your" CMR?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Old 30 Sep 2019, 06:24 (Ref:3931007)   #1875
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
It’s a consignment note, Max. This gives general idea....

https://www.nibusinessinfo.co.uk/con...sport-document

Thing is, it’s intended for goods for resale being transported, so doesn’t fit the transport of race cars, spares, tools etc to and from meetings.

Last edited by Mike Bell; 30 Sep 2019 at 06:29.