Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 14 Jul 2014, 06:10 (Ref:3433735)   #26
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Enjoyed the racing on Sunday far more than Saturday. Most of the first days races were dull, the Guards race saving the day. (Nice overtake around the outside of Druids of the #51 E-type by team #19 by the way).

We will probably give this meeting a miss next season as having long lost guest series like the Historic F1s and Orwell CanAms the event is no longer "Super".
Old 14 Jul 2014, 07:09 (Ref:3433741)   #27
Andy 308GTB
Rookie

England
Essex
Andy 308GTB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by brands View Post
We will probably give this meeting a miss next season as having long lost guest series like the Historic F1s and Orwell CanAms the event is no longer "Super".
What happened to these series, presumably the F1's have simply transferred to other Historic F1 series but the CanAms, when do they get to stretch their legs these days?

The content of the Brands Hatch calendar seems to have been pegged back in recent years. Sure a number of series have folded (A1GP) but I used to really enjoy the Renault World Series (V12 3.5 litre single seaters) and the International GT Open (going to Silverstone for it this weekend).
No DTM this year (which didn't interest me but was surely one of their big crowd pullers).
What about the BOSS series - always a bit hit and miss but looked & sounded great.
All 'big' series. Club and historic racing is all well and good but I like to see some serious cubic capacity on a regular basis...
Old 14 Jul 2014, 07:25 (Ref:3433746)   #28
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
I wanted to attend simply for the super tourers, however I've not been very well recently, so I was gutted that I was unable to attend. Oh well, I'm on the mend, hopefully I'll be fit for the oulton park gold cup.
Old 14 Jul 2014, 07:51 (Ref:3433751)   #29
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike faloon View Post
Thought you looked vaguely familiar Gordon!
Familiar to what ?
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 14 Jul 2014, 07:55 (Ref:3433752)   #30
oneofapair
Racer

oneofapair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Would this be the Grasscrete exploration. Some great entertainment from the imps at Westfield, Bob Bullen in the Anglia has some "attitude" also. An extremely good days entertainment once the weather settled.All of the races had some decent dices . Super tourers perhaps the only exception
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_4824.JPG   IMG_4828.JPG   IMG_4829.JPG  

IMG_4831.JPG   IMG_4833.jpg   IMG_4932.jpg  

Old 14 Jul 2014, 08:06 (Ref:3433754)   #31
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneofapair View Post
Would this be the Grasscrete exploration. Some great entertainment from the imps at Westfield, Bob Bullen in the Anglia has some "attitude" also. An extremely good days entertainment once the weather settled.All of the races had some decent dices . Super tourers perhaps the only exception
If I'm not mistaken the Anglia is our Mr. Slater.

I've never thought of an Anglia as an ideal Drift car but you never know ....

Old 14 Jul 2014, 09:12 (Ref:3433769)   #32
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
This was the weekend when another senior racer and YT decided to test the CoC's skills..........

Despite being in one of the slowest cars in Guards Trophy I managed the compulsory pit stop nearly 15 seconds faster than the winning car. Pretty impressive but sadly it transpired I had beaten the stage bogey time, so my number was attached to a board and held over the pit wall- along with 2 others- but I didn't see it for a couple of laps as it was hidden by a second board with one of the other numbers..... So I did the requested drive through at the cost of 21 seconds race time, only to find on the following lap my number still on the board! So I did another drive through, and got the time loss down to 19 seconds. Practice makes perfect. On enquiring why the second drive through, my pit crew were advised that they had forgotten to instruct the removal of my number after the first drive through....

The other driver, a well known Tenther participating in the FF2000 race, decided to test the quality of Dr Palmer's 'track limit' cameras pictures, and was rewarded with some very nice shots of his car, and a post race visit upstairs....

Great weekend despite some weather variations. I accept Brands comment about the profile of the meeting, but still good for competitors, and paddock slightly less busy than last time I did it. Gilbert Gilbern had a good run in the dry, and despite two drive throughs still didn't finish last in class. (the 26R / Marcos class unfortunately!)

Old 14 Jul 2014, 12:49 (Ref:3433799)   #33
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
The speed you came along the pit lane we thought you were just cutting the corner from clearways to paddock bend !
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 14 Jul 2014, 14:41 (Ref:3433831)   #34
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
The speed you came along the pit lane we thought you were just cutting the corner from clearways to paddock bend !
With a bit more practice through the 'piff-paff' chicane as you enter, sure could knock another second or two off the drive through......

As for the first penalty, having checked the footage from my camera, which has the speedo and rev counter in view, can only guess that the stop itself was mis-timed, it should have been a minute. The fact that I was still checking my lippy in the vanity mirror when was told to go suggests that was the case- car wasn't even in gear!

Old 14 Jul 2014, 14:53 (Ref:3433834)   #35
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
One race report I saw only listed about 6 cars for the super touring trophy, is that correct?
Old 14 Jul 2014, 14:59 (Ref:3433835)   #36
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
One race report I saw only listed about 6 cars for the super touring trophy, is that correct?
Looks like 8 starters in their first race, 7 in their second. Full results:

http://results.mstworld.com/Results/...207&series=hsc
Old 14 Jul 2014, 16:02 (Ref:3433852)   #37
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
As Gary says- most being saved for Silverstone, where they have over 40 entered!

One M3 broke in first race, so didn't make second. Also a more modern BMW out testing on Friday, but it suffered from the result of the bonnet not being secured. It wasn't entered for the meeting, anyway.
Old 14 Jul 2014, 16:37 (Ref:3433855)   #38
Robyn Slater
Veteran

England
Sudbury Suffolk
Robyn Slater should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by grantp View Post
If I'm not mistaken the Anglia is our Mr. Slater.

I've never thought of an Anglia as an ideal Drift car but you never know ....

Yep, that's me. Any chance of a copy of the pic?
Old 14 Jul 2014, 17:50 (Ref:3433866)   #39
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Brilliant weekend Started on a high when Mike served up apple stroudle and ice cream after pasta Thursday night, thanks buddy. Had a great race in the E type with Colin and as Brands said drove around the outside of Low Drag E Type for class second. I then had to fend him of down the back straight doing a bit of blocking, "Ah Hem ". When we got out at park fermai I thought it might be hand bags at dawn but instead he said it was the best race he had had. Super. Just super. BTW Brands you must come and say hello sometime.
Sat night and a few laps racing on the push bike against one of our FF2000 youngsters which I won. Ha Ha.
Sunday and a Classic F3 race in my friend Colin Painter Oliroy which went well. P8 Qualy in the wet but fuel pressure prob in race and I dropped to P 10 at finnish. Same with FF2000 race Qualy P8 finnishe P10 on the road then that nasty C of the C who does post on here dun me 30 sec's for track limits. I did two colour photos FOC out of it so not so bad.For those who don't know when you run wide at Surtees there is a pad that activates the camera and takes your photo. Most unfair.
Just a brilliant weekend with visits from Gordon, 1 '48 in that Angle box flipping eck, Lesley and Chris, Mr and Mrs Spectator and all my 10th friends who came buy for a chat. Thank you.
The talk over the weekend was who had got into Goodwood with rear engine FJ's and I had been overlooked yet again which did cheese me off but cest la vie.
Then I arrived home at 11pm to find a brown envelope on the kitchen table.
Old 14 Jul 2014, 19:47 (Ref:3433912)   #40
Chigley
Veteran

England
Newbury, Berkshire
Chigley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well done all, a brilliant days racing on Sunday, Saturday was a bit pedestrian. I did see a Gilbern actually overtake another car and earn a well deserved blue flag assist. Mr Delta received a gasp of intaken breath with one (being generous) of his polite closing of the door moves going into Druids. The imminent wreckage of two cars into the kitty litter was expected. A shame both lunch breaks were foreshortened so social visits were curtailed. I'll try to get round at Sillystones for those who are going.
Pleased to meet Gordon if only for a few moments.
Old 14 Jul 2014, 20:09 (Ref:3433919)   #41
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
A few shots from Saturday qualifying:
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_4790.jpg   IMG_4810.jpg   IMG_4820.jpg  

IMG_5029.jpg   IMG_4594.jpg   IMG_4555.jpg  

Old 14 Jul 2014, 20:12 (Ref:3433920)   #42
brands
Veteran

a second batch.
I will post some of Sundays later.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_4323.jpg   IMG_4389.jpg   IMG_4703.jpg  

IMG_4753.jpg   IMG_4481.jpg   IMG_4457.jpg  

Old 14 Jul 2014, 20:41 (Ref:3433928)   #43
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chigley View Post
Well done all, a brilliant days racing on Sunday, Saturday was a bit pedestrian. I did see a Gilbern actually overtake another car and earn a well deserved blue flag assist. Mr Delta received a gasp of intaken breath with one (being generous) of his polite closing of the door moves going into Druids. The imminent wreckage of two cars into the kitty litter was expected. A shame both lunch breaks were foreshortened so social visits were curtailed. I'll try to get round at Sillystones for those who are going.
Pleased to meet Gordon if only for a few moments.
A hem. yes well Mrs Delta was watching I did get a bit of a telling off when I got back to the truck. Anyway which race was that Ian.I think it was the FF2000 race with a young Tom White who I have taken under my wings. Smashing lad and going to be a very usefull driver.
Old 14 Jul 2014, 20:52 (Ref:3433934)   #44
Steve Fox
Racer

United Kingdom
S.W.London
Steve Fox should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Here's something you guys might be able to help with, unrelated to the current topic of course. I was a track Marshal last Sunday on post 13 at Brands Hatch. During the track inspection after race 16, historic formula junior championship, a badge from a De Tomaso was found on the course, As there were only 2 De tomaso entered for that race, car 92 of Westie Mitchell and car 49 of Mike Gregory it must belong to one of those. Although it is a small part I would imagine that the owner would be keen to get it back so If anyone knows either of those drivers if you could pass the message on that I have the badge that would be appreciated.
Old 14 Jul 2014, 21:09 (Ref:3433941)   #45
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Thanks Steve I will get message to both drivers . I am sure they will be very gratefull
Old 14 Jul 2014, 21:24 (Ref:3433946)   #46
simonb87
Rookie

England
Stevenage
simonb87 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi oneofapair - great pics of my misdemeanour - I should have smiled for the camera and given you a wave but it didn't occur to me at the time....

I had been going very well until Bob passed me in the yellow Anglia and then I made a couple of mistakes and immediately lost some ground which was a shame - I would have liked to have battled a bit longer with him but it was good while it lasted.

Thanks for posting the pics - Simon
Old 15 Jul 2014, 15:46 (Ref:3434144)   #47
brands
Veteran

A few shots from Sunday:
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_5253.jpg   IMG_5393.jpg   IMG_5472.jpg  

IMG_5638.jpg   IMG_5682.jpg   IMG_5887.jpg  

Old 15 Jul 2014, 15:49 (Ref:3434145)   #48
brands
Veteran

another batch:
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_5975.jpg   IMG_6054.jpg   IMG_6232.jpg  

IMG_6295.jpg   IMG_6338.jpg   IMG_6344.jpg  

Old 15 Jul 2014, 19:22 (Ref:3434214)   #49
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Colin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridColin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Knocked 2 secs off previous best in the E type so happy with that, just got to beat the co-driver now. 1 sec down with the S type though, probably nothing to do with going out on a wet set up unchanged from Friday testing. Nice comfy ride though
Old 15 Jul 2014, 21:11 (Ref:3434245)   #50
Az
Racer

England
UK
Az should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I made a little gallery from my wander around on Sunday. By all means take a quick look here - http://www.ae-photography.co.uk/albu...-hatch-photos/ - HSCC and Brands Hatch GP = photogenic Just a shame more Super Tourers weren't able to make the effort.

cheers
Az