Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 5 Jan 2014, 03:47 (Ref:3350487)   #1
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
AMOC Brands Hatch

http://www.amocracing.org/#/event-in...ion/4563172942
Old 22 Jun 2014, 20:41 (Ref:3425073)   #2
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Timetable and entry lists are now online at the link about.
Old 23 Jun 2014, 05:37 (Ref:3425203)   #3
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Some good entries in most races!

Peter M, not sure how but there are two threads for this meeting, which is two days, running on Indy Saturday and GP Sunday. Maybe duplication on the calendar?

Old 23 Jun 2014, 15:13 (Ref:3425449)   #4
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
spent Saturday driving to deepest Wales to pick up the engine and it is now being installed into the Sabre ready for Sunday's GT&SCC - really looking forward to it - this season has been way to long in starting...... excellant grid as usual and on the GP circuit - whats not to like!!
Old 28 Jun 2014, 19:43 (Ref:3427596)   #5
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Races 2-6 were very entertaining and despite the downpour it was a enjoyable day.
I hope for more of the same tomorrow on the GP circuit but without the dampness
Old 30 Jun 2014, 07:26 (Ref:3428449)   #6
brands
Veteran

Had more rain mid afternoon but still it was the best meeting I've been to this year.
The two Intermarque races were very entertaining, there was lots of lovely cars whizzing around in most races and Pat Blakeney-Edwards drive in the Owlet in the pouring rain was a joy to behold.

Will post some pictures later in the week.
Old 30 Jun 2014, 10:03 (Ref:3428506)   #7
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Patrick in anything is entertaining but Owlet is particularly good fun.

Simon; how did the Sabre go?
Old 1 Jul 2014, 07:19 (Ref:3428884)   #8
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
hi John - in short I had a very public day's testing! The good news is that the engine and gearbox rebuilds are superb but that has highlighted issues with the diff and rear brakes, namely that I did qualifying with virtually no brakes as proven by the plumes of smoke coming off the rear drums when I came in to the pits! Thankfully none of it is major so I took the decision to not risk doing more damage and not start the race and get the issues resolved prior to the Silverstone Classic.

So frustrating and it seems that Brands GP continues to be my bete noir, in almost 20 years I continue to have more DNF's there than finishes... however delighted to report that my old Turner in the very capable hands of Ben Adams continues to punch above its weight and notched up another class win in the GT&SCC.

As ever Vanessa and Flavien put on a great race and to be honest the whole meeting is a well kept secret - I could have raced the Sabre in 3 decent races on Sunday on the GP circuit if I had wanted. Definitely one for the calender next year.
Old 1 Jul 2014, 08:06 (Ref:3428903)   #9
snowen250
Veteran

snowen250 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This was one of the best meetings all year. A really good set of races with some superb drives in some awful weather.

The only races that saw some er, contact, was the intermarque race , but this was probably due to the sheer closeness of the pack.

If the HSCC meeting is as good in two weeks I will be surprised.

Shame the Sabre didn't come out for the race, but the reasons sound fair to me! It looked lovely.

Simon
Old 1 Jul 2014, 08:42 (Ref:3428913)   #10
Belmondo
Racer

Belmondo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Simon, it looked good, if nothing else.

Good meeting, although I do think the AMOC could have a bit more variety.
Old 2 Jul 2014, 07:09 (Ref:3429337)   #11
BG76
Rookie

England
Cambridgeshire
BG76 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBG76 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Thoroughly enjoyed this meeting! Lots of wonderful cars and great racing!

Wondered if anyone fancied having a look at some photos from Saturday:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/99229870@N04/sets

Hope you like them. Sunday's to follow!
Old 2 Jul 2014, 08:45 (Ref:3429369)   #12
simon drabble
Veteran

Thanks Belmondo and Simon and the person who I chatted to whose name I forgot to ask!!! The Sabre is seriously fun to drive. Will never win a race but a good solid midfield car and with only 77 made hopefully will catch the selectors eye for the more fun races!!!
Old 2 Jul 2014, 11:42 (Ref:3429453)   #13
Teddington Ted
Racer

Teddington Ted should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Brands AMOC meet

I too had an extended testing session (in the TR2). A class win on Saturday but then spent the rest of the weekend watching from marshals' posts for two races only to be towed back to the paddock.

In fact I pulled off the track at Westfield in the Woodcote Trophy then dozed on the grass behind the crash barrier. Quite a nice way to pass 30 minutes or so as the cars raced on. Jonathan Palmer had kindly cut the grass for me and it was very comfortable.

To the point about this being a great meeting. It is. I think that AMOC are onto something which will be even better once the modern kit (GT4s) go elsewhere next year. Longer races than the HSCC therefore a quieter paddock with space to move. The last time I did the Superprix with the HSCC I had to set up camp on the rally stage !
Old 3 Jul 2014, 19:29 (Ref:3430018)   #14
brands
Veteran

Some photos, a batch per race series. Sundays shots were taken during the morning qually and first race only.

Equipe GTS
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_2216.jpg   IMG_2220.jpg   IMG_2263.jpg  

IMG_3506.jpg   IMG_3518.jpg   IMG_3555.jpg  

Old 3 Jul 2014, 19:31 (Ref:3430019)   #15
brands
Veteran

Intermarque
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_1498.jpg   IMG_2368.jpg   IMG_2391.jpg  

IMG_3591.jpg   IMG_3775.jpg   IMG_3807.jpg  

Old 3 Jul 2014, 19:34 (Ref:3430022)   #16
brands
Veteran

Pre War team, the race was run in a downpour:
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_1707.jpg   IMG_1714.jpg   IMG_2875.jpg  

IMG_2810.jpg   IMG_2831.jpg   IMG_2888.jpg  

Old 3 Jul 2014, 19:36 (Ref:3430023)   #17
brands
Veteran

50s sports cars and XKs
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_1922.jpg   IMG_3004.jpg   IMG_3129.jpg  

IMG_3843.jpg   IMG_3861.jpg   IMG_3867.jpg  

Old 3 Jul 2014, 19:38 (Ref:3430024)   #18
brands
Veteran

Innes Ireland Cup:
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_1956.jpg   IMG_3183.jpg   IMG_3201.jpg  

IMG_3210.jpg   IMG_3214.jpg   IMG_3387.jpg  

Old 3 Jul 2014, 19:40 (Ref:3430026)   #19
brands
Veteran

RAC Woodcote trophy:
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_3470.jpg   IMG_3471.jpg   IMG_3496.jpg  

IMG_4257.jpg   IMG_4272.jpg   IMG_4274.jpg  

Old 3 Jul 2014, 19:42 (Ref:3430028)   #20
brands
Veteran

and finally the GT&SCC:
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_4020.jpg   IMG_4104.jpg   IMG_4121.jpg  

IMG_4192.jpg   IMG_4226.jpg   IMG_4241.jpg  

Old 4 Jul 2014, 06:24 (Ref:3430162)   #21
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Great shots, John.

Really good to see the Sabre, Simon, but why the big rally spots for racing?
Old 4 Jul 2014, 06:28 (Ref:3430164)   #22
Brian A
Racer

England
Sunny West Sussex
Brian A should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Turner View Post

Really good to see the Sabre, Simon, but why the big rally spots for racing?

Extra ballast
Old 4 Jul 2014, 07:50 (Ref:3430185)   #23
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian A View Post
Extra ballast
What the Americans call 'Balance of Performance' to give the rest of us a chance!

As every Gilbern GT seemed to leave the factory with twin spots, I have always raced with them in place, but it is an expensive luxury! The tape on them isn't to protect them nowadays, but to hold all the cracked segments of glass together... Will be Cibies for Spa, and pray that no one throws gravel at us!

The Woodcote field looks particularly lovely. I understand from talking to pole man Rick Bourne (Lotus X) that the reason for him completing the first lap in last place was a gear selection problem that resulted in a spin at Druids and a stalled engine afterwards. Apparently the chase back through the field was good fun!

Last edited by Mike Bell; 4 Jul 2014 at 08:00.
Old 4 Jul 2014, 08:16 (Ref:3430196)   #24
simon drabble
Veteran

I am afraid it was much more basic than that - they were still on from Spa last year. They will be off for the Classic.

Great to see Drain's old Lotus X out in action, its always been a quick car with many podiums to its name.

As I said before - great meeting and definitely one I will do next year. Out of interest what is the criteria for the Innes Ireland and does this and Equipe run at every AMOC meeting? If so I will do more with them next year