Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Road Car Forums > Road Car Forum

Old 12 Jun 2015, 11:46 (Ref:3547907)   #1
Nial McCabe
Rookie

United States
New Jersey - USA
Nial McCabe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Car & Coffee shows?

Do you have Car & Coffee shows in Europe?

These Car & Coffee shows (or in our case here in New Jersey, "Cars & Croissants") are a great idea. They last only through the morning so it doesn't chew up your entire day.

I went to a C & C show here in Morris County, NJ a few weeks ago and the most common car there was a Ferrari (I had the only MGB).

This past week, I took my S7 replica to a C & C show in nearby New Vernon, NJ and saw more stunning cars. I was told the dark weather kept away a new McLaren, Bugatti and other exotica.

I parked next to a gigantic 1928 Bentley. The owner has another Bentley and two Rolls Royces....all of similar vintage. And he drives them all regularly.

The LaFerrari shown is one of 499. Each costs $1.2 million USD and the company has to "invite" you to buy one (they won't sell them to any old schmuck!).

Here's a link to some photos;

http://vintageracer.tripod.com/cars-...ants-2015.html
Old 12 Jun 2015, 13:57 (Ref:3547990)   #2
LesterForbes
Site Partner
Rookie

United Nations
Glossop, Derbyshire
LesterForbes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Who's too busy to spend an entire day with cars
Old 22 Jun 2015, 10:15 (Ref:3552977)   #3
Christopher
Racer

Australia
Peak Crossing, Queensland.
Christopher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thought you were talking about TV Shows..... Has anybody seen Jerry Seinfeld"s Comedians and Cars Getting Coffee? It's isnt bad, but was always a Seinfeld fan. Plenty of nice old cars on it.
Old 24 Jun 2015, 17:12 (Ref:3553660)   #4
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Don't have anything entitled like that as such, but locally to me there is, during what passes for our summer, a monthly "Supercar Sunday" when some very desirable machinery turns up on a Sunday morning at a local country hotel for a coffee and a bacon roll and some general chat - sometimes a local run.

Other than that, an Alfa group I'm associated with has a fairly informal gathering most months in a local park where everyone can park up and chat and again get a snack - its a popular meet for bikers, too so there is some different machinery to look at.

I guess similar things happen around the country, apart from regular Club meetings - we have a lot of car clubs The Ace cafe in London is a very well known petrolheads hangout that has regular meets for certain makes - such as a monthly Italian Car night...http://www.ace-cafe-london.com/default.aspx
Old 24 Jun 2015, 18:56 (Ref:3553679)   #5
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
JD Classics in Maldon used to do a sort of car and coffee morning on Sundays, don't know if they still do. People would meet up there, encouraged to take classics up and you could wander round the workshops and showrooms and talk with the mechanics.
Old 24 Jun 2015, 19:12 (Ref:3553685)   #6
Nial McCabe
Rookie

United States
New Jersey - USA
We also have "cruise nights" here. In fact I can go to one of those every night of the week if I want.

But most cruise nights are populated by hot rods, Corvettes and Mustangs. Nothing particularly wrong with any of those cars but personally, I don't find them interesting.

We also have some restaurants that are somewhat similar to the Ace Café.
The biggest one locally is ~The Chatterbox~ (mostly the hot rod crowd.....nice bunch of people but their cars do nothing for me).

Old 27 Jun 2015, 23:26 (Ref:3554362)   #7
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
Thought you were talking about TV Shows..... Has anybody seen Jerry Seinfeld"s Comedians and Cars Getting Coffee? It's isnt bad, but was always a Seinfeld fan. Plenty of nice old cars on it.
I find it entertaining too. Interesting the choice of cars he makes, which I do not believe are all his. Fun guests too.
Old 28 Jun 2015, 13:50 (Ref:3554432)   #8
BudLightJaguar
Veteran

Finland
BudLightJaguar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBudLightJaguar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nial McCabe View Post
Do you have Car & Coffee shows in Europe?
Yes, we have those here in Finland. Even in my home town a few times during the summer at a local shopping mall parking lot.

http://makejalava.kuvat.fi/kuvat/Por...ng+26.7.2014+/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nial McCabe View Post
But most cruise nights are populated by hot rods, Corvettes and Mustangs. Nothing particularly wrong with any of those cars but personally, I don't find them interesting.
This is interesting. Here in Finland, the problem is that classic car enthusiasts are quite "balkanized". Those who own American cars usually have limited interest in European or Japanese cars and on many occasions despise them.

Though it shouldn't be like that, because balkanization just makes things harder since we are a small nation and the governments have had ever since the WWII was over, very negative attitude against private cars.

PS: http://makejalava.kuvat.fi/kuvat/Por...+/IMG_7299.JPG The SS-Market has nothing to do with some German fellows from the past

Last edited by BudLightJaguar; 28 Jun 2015 at 14:07.
Old 29 Jun 2015, 11:47 (Ref:3554682)   #9
Nial McCabe
Rookie

United States
New Jersey - USA
The ~Seinfeld Comedians and Cars~ website is great.

That link to the car show in Finland looks like it took place in the USA! It looks just like the stuff I see here in New Jersey. Lots of "American Iron".

I wouldn't say we are "Balkanized" here in the US. I have brought my MGB or my Super 7 to hot rod shows. Most attendees are bemused but not critical of my cars.
But we do tend to keep the hot rod shows separated from the Euro-classic or exotic cars.

The "cruise nights" are almost all American style hot rods (similar to the Finland show link above).

The "Cars and Coffee" shows rarely have American hot rods and tend to have more new or classic European cars (such as new Ferraris and old Austin-Healey, etc).
Old 29 Jun 2015, 12:50 (Ref:3554694)   #10
HJJ
Veteran

United States
Hoschburg, just outside of Brasleburg.
HJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Big one coming up this Sunday morning in Atlanta. Caffeine and Octane Show at Perimeter Mall. The first Sunday of each month. Last one had 2500 cars and 6500 people show up.

http://caffeineandoctane.com/
Old 4 Jul 2015, 19:30 (Ref:3555795)   #11
BudLightJaguar
Veteran

Finland
BudLightJaguar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBudLightJaguar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm not sure do these fall into this category...probably.. because with my caffeine appetite every car show is a coffee show as well

Full album here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/126204...57653115856304

I took these photos today in Strömfors, Finland

A little preview

Last edited by BudLightJaguar; 4 Jul 2015 at 19:38.
Old 5 Jul 2015, 08:45 (Ref:3555872)   #12
JohnD
Veteran

JohnD should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohnD should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
A number of British pubs organise Sunday lunchtime classic car gatherings.
EG: http://fivebellsinnbrabourne.com/christmas-market/ which is just the first hit from many on Google search https://www.google.co.uk/#q=classic+cars+sunday+pub

John