Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 16 Jul 2013, 20:01 (Ref:3278492)   #1
Cookie2000
Rookie

England
England
Cookie2000 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Croft Nostalgia weekend

Croft timetable here.. www.hscc.org.uk/images/Provisional_Timetable_Croft.pdf
9 X 20 min races on Sunday, with 7 X 30 min "track parades" in between.. Looks like it could be a long day!
Old 16 Jul 2013, 20:35 (Ref:3278504)   #2
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That's odd - Sunday racing activity before the normal 12-noon limit. Have they got a special dispensation for this one?
Old 17 Jul 2013, 12:23 (Ref:3278696)   #3
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Really miffed at the timing of this one.......Already double-booked.....Imp Club National Weekend in Perth, and AROC racing with CTCRC at their Classic Festival at Mallory......not sure how I'm properly going to do both of those, since they are about 350 miles apart, and I live roughly in the middle.....but only about 80 miles from Croft.......
Old 17 Jul 2013, 17:38 (Ref:3278812)   #4
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
And of course I should also have emntioned the incredible value for money events taking plkace at Donington the same weekend, courtesy of 360.....

Its all too much, I tell ya!
Old 17 Jul 2013, 20:59 (Ref:3278865)   #5
dikko
Veteran

United Kingdom
Herts
dikko should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The HFF are on at 11 am and 3.30 Saturday and 3pm Sunday. A brilliant
circuit, a big show too with a terrific atmosphere with a forties theme guaranteeing a fun
weekend. Dress in your Dads best (flat cap an'all) and look the part. The evening live band
and dance should be done too. To book your Saturday Night Supper & Dance Tickets
(£7pp) contact the circuit on 01325 721815 NOW! Unlikely to get them on the day.
Old 17 Jul 2013, 21:50 (Ref:3278894)   #6
JasperClan
Racer

United Kingdom
Benwick
JasperClan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJasperClan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Richard,

Come to Croft and have a superb weekend. Cheaper than Perth as well. Even with my entry fee it's cheaper.

Pete Richards
Old 22 Jul 2013, 17:19 (Ref:3280535)   #7
brakedisc
Racer

brakedisc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasperClan View Post
Richard,

Come to Croft and have a superb weekend. Cheaper than Perth as well. Even with my entry fee it's cheaper.

Pete Richards

How come?
Old 22 Jul 2013, 18:32 (Ref:3280562)   #8
compte deGraves
Veteran

France
Charente, France
compte deGraves should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcompte deGraves should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I love this weekend. We driver up from South West France and love every second of it!
Old 22 Jul 2013, 18:42 (Ref:3280567)   #9
Alan Morgan
Veteran

Alan Morgan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by compte deGraves View Post
I love this weekend. We driver up from South West France and love every second of it!
Vive le Sport et vive le curry en Darlington!
Old 22 Jul 2013, 18:55 (Ref:3280572)   #10
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by compte deGraves View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Morgan View Post
Vive le Sport et vive le curry en Darlington!
Great to have the 'historics community' returning here for another year - as usual there's a lot of interest 'up north' in the event so another good crowd is in the offing. Didn't realize that the local curry was the big attraction though!
Old 22 Jul 2013, 21:12 (Ref:3280616)   #11
Alan Morgan
Veteran

Alan Morgan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
M. Le Comte organised a trip to an Indian restaurant last year and it was very good, despite Darlington not being a town traditionally noted for high quality curries.

Come to think of it, we've had some very good curries this year (all of them with Delta)...

Donington - with GrantP at the Rose of Bengal in Castle Donington
Silverstone - The Palash Bari on the A5, north of Towcester
Snetterton - The Spice Heritage in Attleborough
Brands - Zeera in Borough Green

Funny to think that when I suggested to Delta in 1981 that we go out for a curry his response was "Oh no chap, that stuff burns your guts..."

... he doesn't even ask my advice these days - he simply discusses the options with the waiter in fluent Bengali...
Old 22 Jul 2013, 22:12 (Ref:3280639)   #12
JasperClan
Racer

United Kingdom
Benwick
JasperClan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJasperClan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by brakedisc View Post
How come?
Cost of fuel towing car with camper to Perth, charge for camping and evening at Knockhill > cost of fuel towing car with camper to Croft and entry fee.

Also no electricity at Perth therefore need to use gas or run generator.

Pete Richards
Old 23 Jul 2013, 20:24 (Ref:3280955)   #13
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
Provisional entry list looks good:

http://www.hscc.org.uk/images/Provis...Croft_2013.pdf
Old 24 Jul 2013, 07:08 (Ref:3281064)   #14
rbm
Racer

rbm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Week is looking up, first I don't now have to go Groton with work instead of Croft and second the HSCC have alowed me a late entry.
Old 24 Jul 2013, 10:56 (Ref:3281109)   #15
Middle_BBG
Racer

Middle_BBG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looking forward to this meeting - looks like a corker.
Old 31 Jul 2013, 07:12 (Ref:3284093)   #16
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
The joys of beeing self employed,you never know what the next phone call might bring.Just getting over the dissapointment of not getting a race at the Classic and late last night get a call to say I am going to get another run in the F500 Arnott on Sunday."
Ah the smell of methanol I can tast it now.
Old 31 Jul 2013, 07:58 (Ref:3284102)   #17
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
...............I am going to get another run in the F500 Arnott on Sunday."
Better wind my stopwatch up then!
Old 31 Jul 2013, 12:30 (Ref:3284211)   #18
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
late last night get a call to say I am going to get another run in the F500 Arnott on Sunday."
That's typical- when I won't be there to see it! Wishing you all good weather and a safe enjoyable weekend. Really enjoyed it last year- especially the naan breads......

Old 31 Jul 2013, 13:22 (Ref:3284225)   #19
percy
Racer

percy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anyone with any idea where to get the best track photos at Croft? I was thinking of setting up at the Jim Clarke Esses?
Cheers
Chris
Old 31 Jul 2013, 14:11 (Ref:3284242)   #20
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
Quote:
Originally Posted by percy View Post
Anyone with any idea where to get the best track photos at Croft? I was thinking of setting up at the Jim Clarke Esses?
Cheers
Chris
Unless you're media (sorry don't know if you are) you won't be able to get to Jim Clarke Esses - if you are, then yes good very fast spot.

If public then most of the access is on the outside of the circuit - very little in-field access other than in the centre which is accessed via a crossing point on the far side of the circuit roughly opposite the race control/pits complex. Marshals give you access between races and then you can either stay at the far side for shots of cars approaching you from the chicane area and disappearing to Tower bend (fast section) OR walk across the infield away from the access point towards the pits for shots of the (rear of the grid) but good shots of cars approaching the start/finish straight from the very slow hairpin. So good for brief head-on as they round the corner and then panning along the straight.

Other good spots - outside the fencing at the first corner Clervaux, Hawthorn and the Chicane. Obviously shooting through the fencing but okay for head-on shots. Some raised banking further round beyond there up to the above mentioned crossing point.

Also - before cars reach the hairpin they approach the complex which is tight and twisty so some decent opportunities through the fence or on high banking overlooking it if you like downward looking shots.

Few other spots here and there. Generally not bad - not as good as Cadwell / Oulton but easier access and better backgrounds than the likes of Silverstone (albeit on a slightly different scale)!

But if you've got media access then 'fill your boots' as they say.

Hope that helps.
Old 31 Jul 2013, 15:10 (Ref:3284263)   #21
percy
Racer

percy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes - got a media pass for the day, but it's not a circuit I'm familiar with at all. I've only been once and didn't venture far from the pits/paddock.
Cheers for the tips
Old 31 Jul 2013, 15:25 (Ref:3284273)   #22
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
In that case, venture further afield - up to Tower and then along from there towards Jim Clark Esses, Barcroft etc good very high speed sections. And the Complex to Hairpin that I mentioned - good shots for those with media passes I would think.
Old 31 Jul 2013, 15:53 (Ref:3284285)   #23
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gary396 View Post
Better wind my stopwatch up then!
Thanks Gazza, hope I get to do a lap in the Arnott this time.
Old 2 Aug 2013, 16:53 (Ref:3285075)   #24
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Better take the brollies! Just looked at the Beeb weather forecast and it's showing rain this evening and also some showers tomorrow morning. Showers also forecast for Sunday.
Old 2 Aug 2013, 18:18 (Ref:3285098)   #25
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
Odd shower is possible but local forecast now looking quite good - sunny & warm, not too hot, for the most part so brollies shouldn't be required too often (famous last words).

The event has just been featured on the local BBC news prog 'Look North' - seemed to plenty of cars out on track for the test session and circuit looking good. Lots of classic car / bikes and the usual military displays so should be a good turnout.