Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Closed Thread

Old 6 Feb 2018, 15:59 (Ref:3799008)   #1
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The Terrible Year of the Dog, a frightening year in F1.

2018. This is the Chinese Year of the Dog. Since 1946, and in spite of the failed qualifying of none other than Rudi Caracciola at the Indy500, caused by a bird that hit the German's head, it seems that every twelve years, is a macabre decision by Formula One authorities to alter the security of the cars to make them insanely fast but insanely insecure, that led to casualties of some drivers.

The first year what happened this was 1958. The engines have high-octane fuel, more likely to aircraft than automobiles. To lose weight, the cars had weak safety issues, then, the cars were very prone to accidents. Result of that: Luigi Musso died at Reims, Peter Collins at the Nürburgring and Stuart Lewis-Evans after the Ain Diab circuit at Morocco. Just to add that Hawthorn, the surviving Ferrari driver and champion, had no time to enjoy his championship, since he died in a road accident at early 1959.

Then happened at 1970, and that year Icky (Jacky) was severely burned in an accident, despite he survived. Piers Courage, with his DeTomaso - Williams had not the same fortune. As didn't have Rindt, whose manager was no other than Bernie, who after doing enough to being champion, lost his life at Monza with the best car, the Lotus 72.

After that, we came to 1982. The cars have ground effects and on cornering speeds it could lose grip and go violently into barriers, as De Crasheris tested the entire previous year. And the Falklands issue are into it, because the three casualties happened during the conflict. Gilles Villeneuve is the most known on May 8th at Zolder, despite his fatal crash was the most benevolent of all three. One week later, at Indianapolis, Gordon Smiley was severely hurt and his car literally exploded and shredded. Why I count Smiley? Because he was an F1 driver (won a race in the Aurora AFX F1 in 1979) and his crashed March 81C was derived from the 811 raced by Daly in 1981. And then, the day before the rendition, Riccardo Paletti did not obey the offer of Mosley to stay in March F2 for 1982, and his tantrum turned into a bonfire, with him inside, after he crashed Pironi at the start of Canadian GP.

1994 is so clear to repeat it again in this forum, that the banning of active suspensions made all cars terribly unstable, as the results with Senna m... orituri, Ratzenberger deceased and Wendlinger almost being the third, fortunately out of coma weeks later.

2006? Well, was not a casualty in there, but was the last ever year TGF (Schumi) could fight for a championship. Despite his efforts couldn't, but he did his best. Schumi was never again the same after that year. And the frightening part came to him seven years later, for respect to him and his beloved people, better to be discreet at the matter.

And then this year, 2018. Year of the Dog. Which driver will die? The HALO could do something contrary that it promises, it could clash with a driver's helmet in case of deformation of the structure in a roll of the car. Some people here wants, among that a man who had problems to go across streets when was a childs, who has an obsession with dead men sitting, and had to explain me why he has so wrecthed, that the propierties of teflon could be annuled, not only him, but also a little git dude who was called, by the Spanish humourist Jose Ramon Lorenzo, as "the Lex Luthor of Formula One" for his manners and acts.
Old 6 Feb 2018, 16:17 (Ref:3799014)   #2
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well, that's a bit dark.

To be completely fair though, deaths in F1 weren't confined to those 12 year cycles.
Old 6 Feb 2018, 16:40 (Ref:3799019)   #3
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
What utter piffle. I’m sorry, no insult to you, but that’s a grotesque manipulation of facts to fit an absurd hypothesis.
Old 6 Feb 2018, 17:03 (Ref:3799024)   #4
coppice
Veteran

Australia
Thirsk, North Yorkshire
coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!
Christ on a bike - it'll be alien abduction and the new world order next. I suggest OP finds somewhere else to post this sort of National Enquirer rubbish.
Old 6 Feb 2018, 19:43 (Ref:3799073)   #5
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
To complete these ramblings can you let us know who the “Lex Luthor of F1” is?
Old 6 Feb 2018, 21:27 (Ref:3799101)   #6
djinvicta
Veteran

Wales
Mojacar Southern Spain
djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!
From formulaf1.com
"Fernando Alonso looks kind of evil in his latest online ads for Tag Heuer? The pose he has in the capture below looks very much like something Lex Luthor from Smallville would do (played by Michael Rosenbaum)."

I know Adam....I've no idea what it's all about either..
Old 6 Feb 2018, 22:13 (Ref:3799118)   #7
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Im literally baffled.
Old 7 Feb 2018, 00:02 (Ref:3799148)   #8
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
To complete these ramblings can you let us know who the “Lex Luthor of F1” is?
Ask José Ramon Lorenzo himself, to his blog "Vicisitud y Sordidez" (in Spanish):
http://vicisitudysordidez.blogspot.com.ar
Old 9 Feb 2018, 10:44 (Ref:3799818)   #9
Razzzor
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Razzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mekola View Post
Some people here wants, among that a man who had problems to go across streets when was a childs, who has an obsession with dead men sitting, and had to explain me why he has so wrecthed, that the propierties of teflon could be annuled, not only him, but also a little git dude who was called, by the Spanish humourist Jose Ramon Lorenzo, as "the Lex Luthor of Formula One" for his manners and acts.
Huh?
Old 9 Feb 2018, 10:53 (Ref:3799819)   #10
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Am I missing something here....?
Old 9 Feb 2018, 12:29 (Ref:3799856)   #11
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razzzor View Post
Huh?

Ditto!
Old 9 Feb 2018, 16:04 (Ref:3799953)   #12
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmW-ScmGRMA

I do think we needed some entertainment in the off season. I was getting tired of the other active threads!

Richard
Old 9 Feb 2018, 16:17 (Ref:3799957)   #13
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Shirley picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmW-ScmGRMA

I do think we needed some entertainment in the off season. I was getting tired of the other active threads!

Richard
indeed fun diversion!

also i looked up this blog. an odd collection of of articles and post which the translation offered by google made far more enjoyable but alas couldn't find any reference to this Lex Luthor of F1.

if i had to guess though, it is Alonso?
Old 9 Feb 2018, 23:01 (Ref:3800111)   #14
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
F1Guy User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Wow. It's pretty obvious the OP's first language is not English, and their post is translated, probably using a translation service on the net.

But we have the usual bullies of the F1 forum quick to jump at the chance to put him/her down. One even a moderator. Way to welcome more participation from members from around the world.

Apologies on behalf of the F1 forum Mekola.
Old 9 Feb 2018, 23:22 (Ref:3800114)   #15
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
For the benefit of the original poster and to stop any other agendas it is best if this thread is closed.

Thanks you.