Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 5 Feb 2018, 19:49 (Ref:3798809)   #1
roadmap
Rookie

United Kingdom
England
roadmap should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
E.R.A

The Facebook E.R.A page has many details and photos of the cars both past and present. Enjoy !

https://scontent.flhr3-2.fna.fbcdn.n...d1&oe=5B17A7C0

https://www.facebook.com/englishraci...mobiles.co.uk/
Old 5 Feb 2018, 19:54 (Ref:3798812)   #2
roadmap
Rookie

United Kingdom
England
E.R.A

See the E.R.A Facebook website. Hope you enjoy.

https://www.facebook.com/englishraci...mobiles.co.uk/
Old 9 Feb 2018, 00:07 (Ref:3799728)   #3
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
So have you bought one!
Hope so as most have gone to foreign parts along with other iconic British built Pre War Cars.
Old 9 Feb 2018, 07:42 (Ref:3799785)   #4
roadmap
Rookie

United Kingdom
England

Quote:
Originally Posted by john ruston View Post
So have you bought one!
Hope so as most have gone to foreign parts along with other iconic British built Pre War Cars.
Owned it John now for over eighteen months and was parked next to David Baldock's Alta that Gareth was driving who was a tad unlucky in not winning the trophy with at the Revival. If he is left to sort out the handling will have a good chance of taking the laurels next year. Great race but dreadful weather.

Was invited to take along the E.R.A transporter also but it was a week away from finishing so maybe next year , the new custodian of them both which are going into the auction at Essen in March will hopefully race in the UK . There are now seven in the USA and five of them came over for the Revival with the Delage ERA on display with a few others from the Brooklands trust.

I managed to only two events last year and have decided that someone else can have all the fun now.

Although had a sniff this week of a 105 in a barn for 20 years that may be available so chasing it up now so can save it.

Settled in Cambridgeshire now so we may meet up at an event when it warms up a wee bit. Nice to hear from you.
Old 9 Feb 2018, 07:53 (Ref:3799788)   #5
coppice
Veteran

Australia
Thirsk, North Yorkshire
coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!
Fabulous machines ; a distant relative, Jimmy Somervail, owned and raced one in 50s Border Reivers days - R12B from memory , an ex Chula car. Jimmy died a few years ago -2009 ?- but I enjoyed many chats about his ERA and D Type days. A lovely man .
Old 9 Feb 2018, 08:23 (Ref:3799795)   #6
roadmap
Rookie

United Kingdom
England
Quote:
Originally Posted by coppice View Post
Fabulous machines ; a distant relative, Jimmy Somervail, owned and raced one in 50s Border Reivers days - R12B from memory , an ex Chula car. Jimmy died a few years ago -2009 ?- but I enjoyed many chats about his ERA and D Type days. A lovely man .
----------
R12b " Hanuman 11 " is in Thailand with the Royal family and isn't seen much except for an exhibition event unfortunately.
The new King though is an active motorbike fan and rider and he will want to enjoy hearing his families single seater on full throttle.

Last edited by roadmap; 9 Feb 2018 at 08:45.
Old 19 Feb 2018, 15:03 (Ref:3802419)   #7
roadmap
Rookie

United Kingdom
England
The 1936 Brooke and Bedford transporter

Decided to auction both at Essen in March as cannot manage to get into either of them these days so now the new custodian can have some serious fun.

Last edited by roadmap; 19 Feb 2018 at 15:04. Reason: Correction
Old 20 Feb 2018, 09:55 (Ref:3802580)   #8
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by coppice View Post
I saw Jimmy race many times, a good driver, and a joy to watch in the ERA.
Old 20 Feb 2018, 11:36 (Ref:3802608)   #9
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I have many ERA pictures, and possibly the Brooke. Which ERA is yours and I will see if I can send you a few.

Bob
Old 20 Feb 2018, 20:06 (Ref:3802757)   #10
roadmap
Rookie

United Kingdom
England
ERA photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
I have many ERA pictures, and possibly the Brooke. Which ERA is yours and I will see if I can send you a few.

Bob
---------

Would like to see them and if possible then post them on my E.R.A Facebook page Thanks Bob.

Here is the Brooke at the Revival in 2017 with the lads who helped out and thanks to www.9tro.com

Old 21 Feb 2018, 19:19 (Ref:3802995)   #11
bauble
Veteran

England
https://photos.app.goo.gl/4znvZMd8sUfze8xG2

Hope you are in there somewhere
Old 21 Feb 2018, 19:51 (Ref:3803002)   #12
roadmap
Rookie

United Kingdom
England
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
https://photos.app.goo.gl/4znvZMd8sUfze8xG2

Hope you are in there somewhere

--------

These are all really wonderful photographs Bob ,, Thank you.