Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising Live Chat  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 14 Mar 2018, 07:40 (Ref:3807874)   #16
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen H View Post
Jake Harris has posted on Instagram/Facebook that he will be out in the DS3 for Lydden and round 2
Saw that last night, I wonder why he won't be at the opening round? Shame that there doesn't appear to be an entry for Warren Scott, I thought he did really well last year.
Old 14 Mar 2018, 09:23 (Ref:3807902)   #17
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Double post, but interesting snippet of news:

https://www.motorsport-news.co.uk/ne...to-mitsubishi/

Godfrey will switch to a Spencer Sport run Mitsubishi Mirage for Silverstone. Didn't think the Mirage looked that quick last year, but it was in the hands of a relatively inexperienced driver then, so perhaps it will fare better now.
Old 14 Mar 2018, 11:03 (Ref:3807920)   #18
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 has a real shot at the championship!BertMk2 has a real shot at the championship!BertMk2 has a real shot at the championship!BertMk2 has a real shot at the championship!BertMk2 has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbtstt View Post
Double post, but interesting snippet of news:

https://www.motorsport-news.co.uk/ne...to-mitsubishi/

Godfrey will switch to a Spencer Sport run Mitsubishi Mirage for Silverstone. Didn't think the Mirage looked that quick last year, but it was in the hands of a relatively inexperienced driver then, so perhaps it will fare better now.
I wonder why he's in that rather than the Fiesta? Presumably that means that Grint won't be competing this year? I guess Spencer Sport are trying to give the car some exposure so that someone else will run it for the rest of the year? I hope it's used by someone at Lydden - I haven't seen it in the flesh yet but it looks like a tidy car.
Old 14 Mar 2018, 11:32 (Ref:3807929)   #19
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
I wonder why he's in that rather than the Fiesta? Presumably that means that Grint won't be competing this year? I guess Spencer Sport are trying to give the car some exposure so that someone else will run it for the rest of the year? I hope it's used by someone at Lydden - I haven't seen it in the flesh yet but it looks like a tidy car.
It did looked pretty cool when I saw it on track at Loheac last year...

...but it wasn't challenging for any race wins. Of course Grint wasn't the most experienced driver which could have been a factor.

Not sure I'd be too reassured by the fact its now running a JGE engine. His previous non-Ford engines haven't always been that reliable.
Old 14 Mar 2018, 17:18 (Ref:3807998)   #20
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It might be a homologation thing? Or more likely Godfrey is taking over the development of the engines and stuff.

Or they might be paying him
Old 14 Mar 2018, 17:39 (Ref:3808003)   #21
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE has a real shot at the podium!FIRE has a real shot at the podium!FIRE has a real shot at the podium!FIRE has a real shot at the podium!FIRE has a real shot at the podium!
The Mirage is a full Supercar? Or one of those Polish cars with extra power?
Old 14 Mar 2018, 20:16 (Ref:3808041)   #22
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
It might be a homologation thing? Or more likely Godfrey is taking over the development of the engines and stuff.
Would think they are using a JGE engine under the "custom" rules.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE
The Mirage is a full Supercar? Or one of those Polish cars with extra power?
I believe it's a full Supercar, not a Proto, it's developed by Mpart AB (Sweden) and run by Spencer Sport in the UK:

http://www.spencersport.co.uk/

Looks like Mark Higgins has secured a sponsor for the whole British Championship:

Really hope he does well this year.
Old 15 Mar 2018, 21:05 (Ref:3808238)   #23
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Higgy is a class above most rally drivers int he UK, let alone rallycross.

only obvious disadvantage is his lack of rallycross experience.
Old 17 Mar 2018, 09:59 (Ref:3808504)   #24
crossfades
Veteran

Sweden
crossfades should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Live timing and results from Silverstone if anyone is interested.

http://www.chronomoto.hu/en/
Old 17 Mar 2018, 11:50 (Ref:3808524)   #25
Alex Langheck
Racer

Alex Langheck should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You'd think in 2018, there would be a live stream of the British Championship.....
Old 17 Mar 2018, 12:12 (Ref:3808528)   #26
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
Didn't even know this was on this weekend

Utterly ruined by the weather I expect

Cant imagine much of a miss to be honest

Should have been cancelled in my opinion
Old 17 Mar 2018, 12:54 (Ref:3808532)   #27
rallycrossnl
Racer

Netherlands
rallycrossnl should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YboNXPkXsGA
Goodwood MembersMeeting, live
Old 17 Mar 2018, 19:08 (Ref:3808628)   #28
geordiecriag101
Racer

United Kingdom
Market Harborough
geordiecriag101 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Normally I come on here and say I've had a cracking day at the races, unfortunately I can't say that this time. To think that Silverstone had the chance to come up with a brand new track from scratch, it really dose boggle the mind to think that's the best they could do! Its awful.

A few plus points from the day, Jack Thorne in the SET Promotions Renault Twingo was just amazing, no one could touch him all day and his commitment on the jump was stunning. Also too see the Works Peugeot & Audi squads there was great, those cars are just sumthing else and shows the difference between a Supercar and a full works Supercar.
Old 17 Mar 2018, 19:20 (Ref:3808631)   #29
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 has a real shot at the championship!BertMk2 has a real shot at the championship!BertMk2 has a real shot at the championship!BertMk2 has a real shot at the championship!BertMk2 has a real shot at the championship!
What was the track like for spectating? Could you get all around the track or only specific areas? Are you close to the track or miles away?
Old 17 Mar 2018, 19:36 (Ref:3808639)   #30
Sarge
Rookie

England
Knaresborough, North Yorkshire
Sarge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was watching from the Stowe building close to the jump, from which we could see the whole track and were approx 20 metres from the action. Which is closer than I had feared. There were places that you could get closer, particularly along the start finish straight but the view of some parts of the track was compromised from there.

The track grew on me throughout the day and the joker merge created some close finishes. But it can't touch Lydden or the other old school tracks on the World RX calendar (and some of the new ones to be honest) and IMO there's too much loose / mud which limits the excitement in wet conditions, as it was for the early heats today.

For the World round I would imagine the Stowe building we were based in will be used as some kind of 'Media Centre' etc and I'm struggling to imagine the existing grandstands and spectator infrastructure dealing with the crowd numbers Silverstone will be hoping for. The whole arena felt very underwhelming when you think it's supppsed to be hosting "Speedmachine" in a couple of months.

And don't get me started on the costs of food and drink!.....