Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 25 Oct 2022, 06:33 (Ref:4131390)   #176
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It is now being reported that a deal between Porsche and Williams is 'almost done'

This comes off the back of a statement from the FIA a few days ago that - "Porsche are still in discussions with Formula 1 teams"

Mohammed Ben Sulayem: "At Spa-Francorchamps in August, Audi announced it was joining the FIA Formula 1 World Championship from 2026 as a power unit manufacturer. This announcement was an endorsement of the hard work by all stakeholders to develop those regulations. We also note that Porsche are still in discussions with Formula 1 teams."

Jack Plooij is now reporting that [translated]: "Porsche is talking to Williams. 50 per cent owner and supplier of engines from 2026. Almost done that deal,"
Old 25 Oct 2022, 14:58 (Ref:4131417)   #177
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Still not gonna believe anything till it's actually done. Seen this too many times
Old 25 Oct 2022, 15:03 (Ref:4131421)   #178
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper View Post
He just about admits they need an OEM as a partner though he says they don't, spin away Christian. He also admits the project has passed the point of no return and has to continue. The whole article is full of double speak but Marko reckons that the OEM starters are already on the phone and lining up for the job.

To sum up RBPT needs more technical help but does not need an OEM though they are lining up at the gate and banging on the front door.
Huh?

It is likely that Honda will remain a technical partner for Red Bull Powertrains doing the hybrid system (combined with the Red Bull combustion engine from 2026), and maybe as a sponsor too.
Old 25 Oct 2022, 21:10 (Ref:4131449)   #179
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Fireworks View Post
Huh?

It is likely that Honda will remain a technical partner for Red Bull Powertrains doing the hybrid system (combined with the Red Bull combustion engine from 2026), and maybe as a sponsor too.
He wrote that before Honda renewed.
Old 26 Oct 2022, 03:07 (Ref:4131458)   #180
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Something going down in Audi land today.... Big announcement due 26 October 10am CET
https://twitter.com/AudiOfficial/sta...22772110823426
Old 26 Oct 2022, 08:46 (Ref:4131482)   #181
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
Something going down in Audi land today.... Big announcement due 26 October 10am CET
https://twitter.com/AudiOfficial/sta...22772110823426
Audi To Sauber
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 26 Oct 2022, 11:31 (Ref:4131507)   #182
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Jack Plooij is now reporting ... [/I]
Maybe this is a sily question, but ... who is Jack Plooij?
Old 26 Oct 2022, 12:41 (Ref:4131932)   #183
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by gert View Post
Maybe this is a sily question, but ... who is Jack Plooij?
A reporter for Ziggo Sport Totaal.

Coincidentally, in terms of F1:

Ziggo Sport Totaal is owned by VodafoneZiggo, a joint venture between Liberty Global and Vodafone. Liberty Global in turn was formed in 2005 by the merger of the international arm of Liberty Media and UnitedGlobalCom.
Old 26 Oct 2022, 15:49 (Ref:4131546)   #184
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Alan McNish will replace Vasseur as Team Principal in 2025. This is really, really good news - he's a proper steady pair of hands.
Old 26 Oct 2022, 16:02 (Ref:4131549)   #185
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
so, sad to see the Alfa sponsorship coming to an end but happy the Sauber name will again feature prominantly...at least until Audi comes in but it doesnt sound like it will be full Audi ownership/branding as they will just be a works partner?

i hope not anyways as that promotional full Audi livery looks pretty bad imo.

of course super happy to see Audi in though and hopefully leads to a more competitive better funded team...some uncertainty though given Sauber's last go around with a manu takeover and with the economic uncertainties on the horizon pegs 2026 as a long way off.
Old 28 Oct 2022, 02:48 (Ref:4131706)   #186
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
Alan McNish will replace Vasseur as Team Principal in 2025. This is really, really good news - he's a proper steady pair of hands.
Not doubting your word in any way Greem but do you have a link to that story. Couldnt find anything on google.
Old 28 Oct 2022, 07:11 (Ref:4131717)   #187
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
He’s certainly far, far less experienced than Vasseur.
Old 28 Oct 2022, 07:29 (Ref:4131719)   #188
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by peebee2 View Post
He’s certainly far, far less experienced than Vasseur.
With far, far less success than Vasseur when it comes to running a team.

I rather suspect that Greem is wistfully hoping that there was a tongue in cheek emoji that he could have used with his post.
Old 28 Oct 2022, 08:31 (Ref:4131723)   #189
peebee2
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourer View Post
With far, far less success than Vasseur when it comes to running a team.
I thought that too. Would be madness in fact, certainly for day one.
Old 28 Oct 2022, 08:43 (Ref:4131726)   #190
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Allan McNish was talking at Al Festival dello Sport di Trento (in his role as director of coordination of Audi motorsport activities, where Audi was the main partner):

"Formula 1 has never been as popular as it is now. We also need to work on our infrastructure, because we still need several things to develop the car"
Old 29 Oct 2022, 13:05 (Ref:4131930)   #191
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Free to air discussion moved to here: F1 tv viewing set to plummet further so that can be discussed more.

Last edited by Adam43; 29 Oct 2022 at 15:26.
Old 1 Nov 2022, 11:29 (Ref:4132305)   #192
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
Not doubting your word in any way Greem but do you have a link to that story. Couldnt find anything on google.
I *did* have at the time, but it's gone bye-bye now. I suspect I was being played!

Ah well.
Old 1 Nov 2022, 13:24 (Ref:4132323)   #193
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
I *did* have at the time, but it's gone bye-bye now. I suspect I was being played!

Ah well.
I was able to find something on Google! This thread! Seriously, I can find articles that call out that McNish was the team principal for the Audi Formula E team and then he goes onto comment about the Audi/Sauber deal for F1.

McNish seems to have the title of "Director of Motorsport Coordination" at Audi. And he seems to be one of the people Audi is putting forward for interviews regarding F1. So who knows. Maybe it's premature to be calling out organizational changes at Sauber. Especially as the current season is not yet over. Maybe something was said early and then pulled back.

Richard
Old 15 Nov 2022, 16:29 (Ref:4133869)   #194
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Well well well. Vasseur is leaving, to take up the big chair at Ferrari.

https://www.gazzetta.it/Formula-1/15...fa-romeo.shtml