Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: What score does it get from you?
10 0 0%
9 0 0%
8 2 3.85%
7 10 19.23%
6 15 28.85%
5 7 13.46%
4 5 9.62%
3 6 11.54%
2 2 3.85%
1 5 9.62%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Old 21 Jun 2015, 08:18 (Ref:3552642)   #1
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Rate the Grand Prix: Austrian Grand Prix 2015

What score does it get from you?
Old 21 Jun 2015, 16:35 (Ref:3552746)   #2
fergus_r
Veteran

United Kingdom
fergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
A generous 6.
Old 21 Jun 2015, 17:33 (Ref:3552752)   #3
stripedcat
Veteran

stripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridstripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I did actually think that it was quite good. Okay - we were robbed of a battle for the lead - thanks to Lewis' penalty - but further down the field there were battles. Bottas versus Hulk, Nasr, Max versus Pastor and also Felipe managing to keep Vettel at bay to claim a second podium for Williams. Plus - two of Bottas' overtakes were without DRS. Not a track that I'm fond of - but I think the race was pretty good today.

I'll give it a 7.
Old 21 Jun 2015, 17:42 (Ref:3552754)   #4
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quite an enjoyable race, gave it a 6
Old 21 Jun 2015, 17:44 (Ref:3552758)   #5
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Moderately entertaining behind the inevitable front two. Some decent action here and there. 6 from me.
Old 21 Jun 2015, 18:18 (Ref:3552766)   #6
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Terrible, about time they listened to the fans.
Old 21 Jun 2015, 18:26 (Ref:3552769)   #7
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
4. There was good bits and pieces in that race. i.e Nasr, Maldonados action. A bit unlucky for Hamilton to slip up with that pitlane stuff. I think Kimi would've provided some fun too if he hadn't of had his accident. Rosberg did fine too. It's easy to downplay that given that its a Merc that finishes first every week.

It was a race that could've been livelier on a different day but just didn't take off today. It was that kinda thing. I was happy enough.
Old 21 Jun 2015, 18:38 (Ref:3552773)   #8
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It wasn't as good as last year's race. A pity Kimi went out on the first lap and we'll never know if Alonso could have got anything out of the McLaren, otherwise, not the best race I've seen. There were a few mid-field scraps but nothing that really stood out. 4
Old 21 Jun 2015, 19:24 (Ref:3552801)   #9
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Race probably deserved 4, but I gave it a 3 due to the previous track being destroyed and this modern go-kart track being put in its place.
Old 21 Jun 2015, 19:26 (Ref:3552802)   #10
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
When all these fun tracks fail to provide something worth talking about, then there's a problem, isn't there?

Definitely needs fixing. I just feel no excitement for these cars, anymore.

I still have excitement in regards to anticipation, but I always feel so deflated and let down at a DRS pass. It's just not a real pass, is it?

Plus, the drivers infront now understand it's not even worth bothering trying to defend as it's so lopsided, so you just get a free pass.

Sorry, really doesn't do it for me.

So glad I didn't go now!

Selby
Old 21 Jun 2015, 21:06 (Ref:3552821)   #11
craig1
Racer

craig1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Didn't give a score as there isn't a negative one available.

Seriously if you think that almost anything that F1 has thrown up this year in anyway resembles racing then well our expectations have slipped to a desperate level.

At the rate their going probably a quarter of the field will have some sort of moronic penalty and be effectively a lap down before the race gets underway. How does that add in anyway to "The Racing".

If this rubbish that they dish up now a-days as F1 (the pinnacle of motorsport, almost find that impossible to type in the same sentence) was an animal, it would be euthanized.
Old 21 Jun 2015, 22:05 (Ref:3552831)   #12
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
I gave it a 2, I had better things to do today like a get together of old mates and a few drinks ! I did record it and have just watched it, and all I can say is I'm glad I didn't watch it live.
Hopefully Silverstone will be better !!!!
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 21 Jun 2015, 22:08 (Ref:3552833)   #13
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quite good. I'll give a 6.
Old 21 Jun 2015, 22:20 (Ref:3552839)   #14
mikuni
Veteran

mikuni should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmikuni should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I actually gave the race a 7. I enjoyed it, particularly the opening few corners. It then settled into a rhythm with quite a bit of decent passing by a few coming through the field. A lot of the passing was actually outside of the DRS zones. Granted much of it was on Renault powered cars, with the equivalent powered cars struggling to get an advantage, but that is part of racing.

I actually think this was a good grass roots grand prix, and if you don't at least partly enjoy this kind of race, you really have no place watching F1.
Old 21 Jun 2015, 22:23 (Ref:3552841)   #15
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I feel sick reading this. It's honestly time some people just left Formula 1 alone. This race had some nice side by side stuff, some good race-long (or nearly race long battles) - and there was racing for the podium. But because the top 2 is out of the question, then it seems everyone gives it about 3 less than the race merits. Behind the Mercs was some good stuff. This race was more reminiscent of last season with the very competitive midfield. Enjoyable. 7 is a stretch though but considering how some people on here won't actually watch the races and assume they're terrible I feel that a 7 will balance out the frankly unjustifiable 4- scores that this race will achieve.

I say it a lot but shut up. A 20, maybe 30 minutes highlights reel of this race would be really good fun to watch with the amount of racing that there was in the lower end of the points. But until another team will win a race, the fans will cry out and throw tantrums about how bad it is. Grow up and learn that not everything will be exactly how you want it to be, and that may not be a bad thing. Some of the complaints on here are ridiculous.
Old 21 Jun 2015, 23:07 (Ref:3552847)   #16
Razzzor
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Razzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
There are certain individuals online that don't understanding a proper rating system, whether out of 5, 10, or 100. You can see it on metacritic with all the idiots who rate things 0 or 1 just because they didn't enjoy them.

The person above that said it should be a negative score? Nothing should ever get a negative score. That's suggesting it's so bad it should never have ever taken place. Even a zero should only be reserved for a race that never actually took place, at least in it's entirety. Even a race stopped at half distance, or that only 6 cars took place in, should be higher than a 0 or 1. A 2 or 3 suggests something was really wrong with the race, just as spending most of it behind a SC because of rain. Or the 2011 Indycar finale that claimed Wheldon. Personally, I probably wouldn't give any F1 race in the last 30 years a 3. Nothing has been that bad.

The Austrian GP was just a fairly dull race with not much passing, or not much battle for the lead. Yes, I did find it boring and would only give it between a 5-6, and F1 should definitely be getting a better score than this.

Indycar and GP2 probably hasn't dipped down to a 5 in a few years.
Old 22 Jun 2015, 00:20 (Ref:3552860)   #17
MoMedic9019
Veteran

United States
Wauwatosa, WI
MoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
5. Love the venue.. and the race wasn't terrible.
“We’re trying to close the doors without embarrassing ourselves, the France family and embarrassing (the) Grand American Series,” he said in the deposition. “There is no money. There is no purse. There’s nothing.”
Old 22 Jun 2015, 00:44 (Ref:3552867)   #18
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razzzor View Post
There are certain individuals online that don't understanding a proper rating system, whether out of 5, 10, or 100. You can see it on metacritic with all the idiots who rate things 0 or 1 just because they didn't enjoy them.

The person above that said it should be a negative score? Nothing should ever get a negative score. That's suggesting it's so bad it should never have ever taken place. Even a zero should only be reserved for a race that never actually took place, at least in it's entirety. Even a race stopped at half distance, or that only 6 cars took place in, should be higher than a 0 or 1. A 2 or 3 suggests something was really wrong with the race, just as spending most of it behind a SC because of rain. Or the 2011 Indycar finale that claimed Wheldon. Personally, I probably wouldn't give any F1 race in the last 30 years a 3. Nothing has been that bad.

The Austrian GP was just a fairly dull race with not much passing, or not much battle for the lead. Yes, I did find it boring and would only give it between a 5-6, and F1 should definitely be getting a better score than this.

Indycar and GP2 probably hasn't dipped down to a 5 in a few years.
That's your understanding of a rating system, which is why you rated/scored it, as you did. That isn't necessarily someone else's understanding of a rating system which is why they rated/scored it as they did.

There are no Rate The Race, or Driver polls on the IndyCar section. We could try it and I have just the person in mind.
Old 22 Jun 2015, 00:59 (Ref:3552873)   #19
dsg
Veteran

Thailand
Chonburi
dsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
As per usual there were a couple of midfield/backmarker battles. 4.
Old 22 Jun 2015, 01:47 (Ref:3552885)   #20
Razzzor
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Razzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
That's your understanding of a rating system, which is why you rated/scored it, as you did. That isn't necessarily someone else's understanding of a rating system which is why they rated/scored it as they did.

There are no Rate The Race, or Driver polls on the IndyCar section. We could try it and I have just the person in mind.
Yep it is mine, I just happen to think it's also the more correct one lol.

Re Indycar polls, Indycar doesn't seem to be so popular on the tentenths forums. There might be several posts per race, but overall no one somes to care so much about Indycar discussion. Over on trackforum there's always tonnes of Indycar talk though, almost too much to keep up with actually.
Old 22 Jun 2015, 02:19 (Ref:3552890)   #21
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razzzor View Post
Yep it is mine, I just happen to think it's also the more correct one lol.

Re Indycar polls, Indycar doesn't seem to be so popular on the tentenths forums. There might be several posts per race, but overall no one somes to care so much about Indycar discussion. Over on trackforum there's always tonnes of Indycar talk though, almost too much to keep up with actually.
Haha, you would say that and your entitled to your opinion.

Trust me, there's a fair bit of discussion about IndyCar, though it's mainly confined to the News and Rumours thread, which is just as well, as every so often the CART Vs IRL war rears its ugly head; such is the current state of IndyCar.

There is Trackforum.
Old 22 Jun 2015, 03:50 (Ref:3552896)   #22
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
F1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridF1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I see 0 is not an option so I won't cast my vote....
Old 22 Jun 2015, 04:27 (Ref:3552899)   #23
mikuni
Veteran

mikuni should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmikuni should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Pete View Post
I see 0 is not an option so I won't cast my vote....
I thought you'd be happy. It could have ended a lot worse for Kimi yesterday. It was a scary crash.
Old 22 Jun 2015, 04:49 (Ref:3552902)   #24
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I recorded the race, watched the 1st lap, then fast forwarded 20 laps at a time - hoping each time when I pushed play that Mercedes where not 1 & 2

Red Bull Ring has always been as enjoyable track - IndyCar should go there & replace F1

Rating of 1 as I am only giving it 10/15minutes of dull viewing - which is a shame!
Old 22 Jun 2015, 08:22 (Ref:3552928)   #25
JamesH
Veteran

United Kingdom
Christchurch, Cambs, UK
JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomick View Post
I recorded the race, watched the 1st lap, then fast forwarded 20 laps at a time - hoping each time when I pushed play that Mercedes where not 1 & 2

Red Bull Ring has always been as enjoyable track - IndyCar should go there & replace F1

Rating of 1 as I am only giving it 10/15minutes of dull viewing - which is a shame!
Why would you think that the best two cars with two great drivers, would not be 1&2?
Locost #54 Boldly Leaping where no car has gone before. And then being T-boned. Damn.
Survivor of the 2008 2CV 24h!! 2 engines, one accident, 76mph and rain.