Marcus Ericsson 0 0%
Felipe Nasr 0 0%
Roberto Merhi 0 0%
Will Stevens 0 0%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Old 27 Jul 2015, 04:18 (Ref:3561521)   #26
Beryl
Veteran

Beryl should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBeryl should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Has to be Hamilton. He would have lapped the field if not for his car malfunctioning at the start, Rosberg forcing him off at the chicane and Ricciardo cutting him off at the restart.

HM: Massa and Maldonado.
Old 27 Jul 2015, 04:34 (Ref:3561525)   #27
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beryl View Post
Has to be Hamilton. He would have lapped the field if not for his car malfunctioning at the start, Rosberg forcing him off at the chicane and Ricciardo cutting him off at the restart.

Did his car malfunction? I don't remember any mention of it during the race and there's nothing about in the two reports in Autosport. It looked like he just got a bad start, probably not helped by the initial start being waived off.
Old 27 Jul 2015, 04:35 (Ref:3561526)   #28
Neil22
Veteran

United States
Nor Cal
Neil22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Vettel for me. Spectacular drive from the start.
Old 27 Jul 2015, 09:44 (Ref:3561608)   #29
mikuni
Veteran

mikuni should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmikuni should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Haha! Tongue in cheek I see? Sarcasm is hard to pick up in text, but I picked it up and confirmed it by seeing you voted for Alonso.
Old 27 Jul 2015, 09:46 (Ref:3561609)   #30
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:

I haven't voted yet, but as a registered non-Hamilton fan, I go with you Beryl.

There I was expecting to sit through a boring 90 minutes of Coulthard telling us how great 'Lewis' was, (have you noticed that whatever happens to Hamilton, Jock Dave always finds something to say that reflects well on his mate Lew?), and then; Joy oh joy a poor start, down to fourth, usual clumsy overtake attempt, trip across the gravel. Bumping into other cars, damaged wing, drive through penalty, it does not get much better for me, just a shame that Nico did not take second and close the gap, Still I'll settle for an ignominious 6th.

Sebastien will be my second place man, he must have really upset Mr Wonderful.
Old 27 Jul 2015, 09:51 (Ref:3561610)   #31
numbersix
Pie On 'ere
Veteran

England
Smaug. Desolation of.
numbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Tricky. Excellent race. Vettel, Ricciardo and Alonso were top class and plenty of others should be mentioned in despatches.

Gave it to Danny boy in the end but can't really tell you why.

I was pleased to see Vettel win. I never regarded him as 'great' during his glory years because he had a fast horse. Since then he has had to dig deep and I believe he has now matured into a hugely talented driver. I will still not call him great, not yet, but he's damn close and I won't argue with those who do.

Despite being a fan of Hamilton I'm glad he had his backside kicked. Vastly talented he's getting a bit full of himself and needed a clip on the ear. He'll now spend more time in the simulator than in the tattoo parlour.

Don't you just wish Mercedes would boot Rosberg and get Alonso?
Old 27 Jul 2015, 10:40 (Ref:3561623)   #32
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
some great performances this week, but Seb was faultless so he gets my vote
Old 27 Jul 2015, 11:21 (Ref:3561641)   #33
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Sarcasm aside, not sure how serious to take some of the posts especially since Bob actually voted for Lewis.

Several very good drives but give it to SebVet.
"It's pure joy. This was the perfect training for the WEC after a summer of not racing, even though the car is faster than LMP2." Nicolas Minassian after lapping at 123mph in the Group C Jaguar XJR-14, setting a new outright lap record for the historic GP circuit at Silverstone Classic in 2013!
Old 27 Jul 2015, 12:59 (Ref:3561664)   #34
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Turner View Post
Sarcasm aside, not sure how serious to take some of the posts especially since Bob actually voted for Lewis.

Several very good drives but give it to SebVet.
John, someone had to, poor chap had not a single vote, and you know how kind hearted I am.
Tea on the weekend?
Old 27 Jul 2015, 15:31 (Ref:3561701)   #35
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well on this occasion, don't think he merited it. By his own admission he was all over the place and apologised to his team.

Gonna be busy on Sat. but you never know.
"It's pure joy. This was the perfect training for the WEC after a summer of not racing, even though the car is faster than LMP2." Nicolas Minassian after lapping at 123mph in the Group C Jaguar XJR-14, setting a new outright lap record for the historic GP circuit at Silverstone Classic in 2013!
Old 28 Jul 2015, 08:46 (Ref:3561902)   #36
Grandpa_Rob
Racer

Australia
Oz
Grandpa_Rob should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Would have go for Seb but Dan put on a great chase thanks to the safety car.
Old 28 Jul 2015, 18:43 (Ref:3561999)   #37
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
I think the Mercs handed it to Ferrari who may have given them a good to run anyway so not sure Vetted did anything outstanding?

For me the Red Bull drivers made it a great show and Alonso used all of his guile, determination and skills to carve a hitherto unthinkable result out of that race so he has to be DOR.

Did I also see Button pass another car on the straight at one point too or were my eyes deceiving me?!

Wonder if Honda have turned up the wick a bit more now...
Old 28 Jul 2015, 22:27 (Ref:3562044)   #38
mikuni
Veteran

mikuni should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmikuni should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
Did I also see Button pass another car on the straight at one point too or were my eyes deceiving me?!
Don't get too excited. It was the ailing Toro Rosso of Sainz and it was retired soon after. Jenson caught him so quick he almost collected him.

That said, it was still nice to see! haha
Old 31 Jul 2015, 13:18 (Ref:3562810)   #39
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Vettel, perfect from start to finish
Old 14 Aug 2015, 08:18 (Ref:3565958)   #40
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I think I have to say Ricciardo for a really spirited drive.