Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 2 Apr 2024, 17:36 (Ref:4203620)   #2851
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I have also sent some very logical answers to Baub. Just waiting to see now.
Old 2 Apr 2024, 18:17 (Ref:4203625)   #2852
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbs View Post
I have also sent some very logical answers to Baub. Just waiting to see now.
Some right answers by the diligent Trio, but all missing a great achievement for English motor sport.

How sad that so much is forgotten.
Old 2 Apr 2024, 18:50 (Ref:4203629)   #2853
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Is it linked to Monaco (the WC did not win there the said year)? Seing the clue above; wrong answer!
Old 2 Apr 2024, 19:14 (Ref:4203631)   #2854
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
Some right answers by the diligent Trio, but all missing a great achievement for English motor sport.

How sad that so much is forgotten.
Have a look at your messages again, think I have sorted that one. Cheers.
Old 2 Apr 2024, 20:04 (Ref:4203641)   #2855
Paul D
Veteran

England
Southport, Merseyside
Paul D should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPaul D should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Reading Bob's latest clue, I think I may have cracked it too?

Then again...
Old 2 Apr 2024, 20:16 (Ref:4203645)   #2856
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul D View Post
Reading Bob's latest clue, I think I may have cracked it too?

Then again...
Still they fllounder ........
Old 2 Apr 2024, 21:52 (Ref:4203654)   #2857
bauble
Veteran

England
Seriously obscure;

H=8 WC

S=5 WC

FAV=3 WC

Just needs a little lateral thinking.

Well it is a picture puzzle.Click image for larger version

Name:	a66.JPG
Views:	2
Size:	167.5 KB
ID:	79689
Old 3 Apr 2024, 10:20 (Ref:4203712)   #2858
Paul D
Veteran

England
Southport, Merseyside
Paul D should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPaul D should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oh for god's sake!

Still struggling with the last one, and now this fresh hell?
Old 3 Apr 2024, 10:34 (Ref:4203718)   #2859
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul D View Post
Oh for god's sake!

Still struggling with the last one, and now this fresh hell?
Blimey, I practically gave him the answer in a PM, but still the pre decimal coin has yet to fall.

1958 Mike Hawthorn won the World Drivers Championship, beating Stirling Moss, and ?, ?, ? + HS.

There are none so blind as those who will not see.
Old 3 Apr 2024, 19:16 (Ref:4203764)   #2860
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
A Brooks, R Salvadori, P Collins and Harry Schell but no squirrel in this list… Or is it squirrel + Toyota = no win at Le Mans. Can you repeat the question, please?
Old 4 Apr 2024, 10:09 (Ref:4203813)   #2861
bauble
Veteran

England
I got lost on the way to the race way, can you help me find where I am going?
I only have a few clues to guide us along the way.
Attached Thumbnails
_107823672_gettyimages-73749118.jpg   2f48a6536bf974bb3fd31926bcc93317.jpg   10-Golden-Gate-Bridge.jpg  

3516406686_465f7cd6b0_b.jpg   72862.jpg  
Old 5 Apr 2024, 08:25 (Ref:4203915)   #2862
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Bob, don't you think it would make things clear if you give the result prior to posting another puzzle? When saying result I mean something crystal clear adding no confusion. Just a thought.
Old 5 Apr 2024, 10:36 (Ref:4203933)   #2863
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Bob, don't you think it would make things clear if you give the result prior to posting another puzzle? When saying result I mean something crystal clear adding no confusion. Just a thought.
Mon Ami, for you, anything.

The Raceway is Indianapolis. (Crystal clear?)

Now simply explain the picture clues and their significance.
Old 5 Apr 2024, 17:06 (Ref:4203962)   #2864
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Struggling with the bowl of tomato soup (where is the spoon?). Unless it has to see with the brickyard color and material.
Old 5 Apr 2024, 18:58 (Ref:4203971)   #2865
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Struggling with the bowl of tomato soup (where is the spoon?). Unless it has to see with the brickyard color and material.
Trust a Frenchman to think of food, the bowl is a clue as to the type of circuit, ie a speed bowl, as opposed to a road circuit.