Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 23 Sep 2021, 13:42 (Ref:4075146)   #1
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
2022 Race Calendar

There are a lot of stories being run with this as the 'leaked' calendar:

1 Bahrain 20 March
2 Saudi Arabia 27 March
3 Australia 10 April
4 China 24 April
5 United States (Miami) 8 May
6 Spain 22 May
7 Monaco 29 May
8 Azerbaijan 12 June
9 Canada 19 June
10 Great Britain* 3 July
11 Austria* 10 July
12 France/Italy (Imola) 17 July
13 Hungary 31 July
14 Belgium 28 August
15 Netherlands 4 September
16 Italy 11 September
17 Russia 25 September
18 Singapore/Turkey 2 October
19 Japan 9 October
20 United States (Austin) 23 October
21 Mexico 30 October
22 Brazil 13 November
23 Abu Dhabi 20 November
Old 24 Sep 2021, 10:13 (Ref:4075250)   #2
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post

1 Bahrain 20 March
2 Saudi Arabia 27 March
3 Australia 10 April
4 China 24 April
6 Spain 22 May
7 Monaco 29 May
8 Azerbaijan 12 June
9 Canada 19 June
10 Great Britain* 3 July
11 Austria* 10 July
13 Hungary 31 July
14 Belgium 28 August
16 Italy 11 September
17 Russia 25 September
19 Japan 9 October
21 Mexico 30 October
22 Brazil 13 November
23 Abu Dhabi 20 November
Presumably. the season will still actually end in December, so perhaps Libbo are leaving some wriggle room again?
Old 24 Sep 2021, 10:28 (Ref:4075255)   #3
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
Presumably. the season will still actually end in December, so perhaps Libbo are leaving some wriggle room again?
'Speaking to CNN the former Ferrari boss confirmed that the plan for 2022 was to hold a 23-race season, one more than will be held in 2021. The original plan for the current season had been for a 23 race calendar, but Covid-19 pandemic pressures have forced a reduction to the current figure of 22. Domenicali also confirmed that the ’22 season will finish earlier than this season,'
Old 13 Oct 2021, 00:06 (Ref:4078265)   #4
fomoco
Veteran

Australia
Bris Vages southside
fomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridfomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
But one of the world's leading Formula One journalists, Joe Saward, who has attended more than 500 consecutive races, says Melbourne is on its last chance.

https://wwos.nine.com.au/motorsport/...f-95bde841de3b

Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post

1 Bahrain 20 March
2 Saudi Arabia 27 March
3 Australia 10 April
4 China 24 April
6 Spain 22 May
7 Monaco 29 May
8 Azerbaijan 12 June
9 Canada 19 June
10 Great Britain* 3 July
11 Austria* 10 July
13 Hungary 31 July
14 Belgium 28 August
16 Italy 11 September
17 Russia 25 September
19 Japan 9 October
21 Mexico 30 October
22 Brazil 13 November
23 Abu Dhabi 20 November
Old 13 Oct 2021, 10:39 (Ref:4078299)   #5
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Doesn't mean he's right, after all it might just be a rumour or half a story he's picked up. Even if we don't get to go to Melbourne, I hope the Aussie GP survives somehow
Old 13 Oct 2021, 12:24 (Ref:4078309)   #6
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Doesn't mean he's right, after all it might just be a rumour or half a story he's picked up. Even if we don't get to go to Melbourne, I hope the Aussie GP survives somehow
Joe Saward is not often wrong Anyone who knows Australian politics will know they don't give a toss about F1
Old 13 Oct 2021, 13:04 (Ref:4078313)   #7
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by fomoco View Post
But one of the world's leading Formula One journalists, Joe Saward, who has attended more than 500 consecutive races, says Melbourne is on its last chance.

https://wwos.nine.com.au/motorsport/...f-95bde841de3b
Everything I read in that article (including Joe's comments) suggests that there is a lot of support and pressure to hold the event in 2022, as the third round.

If you follow the link in that article to Joe's blog, you will read him post the following:

'I am pretty sure they [F1] will announce the following: Mar 20 Bahrain, Mar 27 Saudi Arabia, Apr 10 Australia, Apr 24 Imola, May 8 Miami, May 22 Spain, May 29 Monaco, Jun 12 Baku, Jun 19 Canada, Jul 3 Britain, Jul 10 Austria, Jul 24 France, Jul 31 Hungary, Aug 28 Belgium, Sep 4 Holland, Sep 11 Italy, Sep 25 Russia, Oct 2 Singapore, Oct 9 Japan, Oct 23 USA, Oct 30 Mexico, Nov 13 Brazil, Nov 20 Abu Dhabi.'
Old 13 Oct 2021, 13:22 (Ref:4078314)   #8
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
He’s only weighing in his opinion, as you say there is a lot in that article that seems to suggest there will be a GP next year, just have to wait for the official calendar. At the moment there is quite a lot of speculation. I just hope we see the likes of Portugal and Germany back, I wouldn’t want them to miss out. And it would be good to have Australia, Japan and Canada back, hasn’t been the same without them.
Old 13 Oct 2021, 13:36 (Ref:4078316)   #9
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I cant remember where i read it, but apparently the new Concorde allows for up to 25 races...i dont know if they will ever get there but all things being equal and when quarantine days are behind us, OZ will be back imo.

Could even be some desire to cancel the current deal and replace it with a new deal/one at a lower price more fitting for a race no longer fixed to be a season opener.

I would think that privileged has been paid for by another venue now?
Old 13 Oct 2021, 21:29 (Ref:4078358)   #10
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Istanbul and Portimao are first reserves if I understand correctly.
Old 15 Oct 2021, 05:23 (Ref:4078539)   #11
bathurst77
Veteran

Australia
Biding my time in Vandemonia
bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!
Notice no mention of Vietnam after being scheduled then covid cancelled 2 years in a row.
Apparently the track is almost race ready but abandoned
Old 15 Oct 2021, 07:29 (Ref:4078547)   #12
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Both tracks are significantly better than some that are usually on the calender.
Old 15 Oct 2021, 09:26 (Ref:4078554)   #13
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by bathurst77 View Post
Notice no mention of Vietnam after being scheduled then covid cancelled 2 years in a row.
Apparently the track is almost race ready but abandoned
Due to political / corruption-related issues in Vietnam.

The move to cancel the Vietnamese Grand Prix was due to the arrest of the key government official responsible for the Hanoi race. Hanoi People's Committee chairman Nguyen Duc Chung was arrested over supposed corruption charges. It was he who was the one pushing the Govt for the race to be run. This year was not just maybe not even a Covid cancellation.
Old 15 Oct 2021, 10:36 (Ref:4078559)   #14
S griffin
Veteran

I don't think we will ever go to Vietnam. It seemed F1 tried to bite off more than it could chew there.
Old 15 Oct 2021, 11:08 (Ref:4078567)   #15
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Reports that Imola is replacing China.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/58918353

20 March Bahrain (Sakhir)

27 March Saudi Arabia (Jeddah)

10 April Australia (Melbourne)

24 April Emilia Romagna (Imola)

8 May Miami

22 May Spain (Barcelona)

29 May Monaco

12 June Azerbaijan (Baku)

19 June Canada (Montreal)

3 July Great Britain (Silverstone)

10 July Austria (Spielberg)

24 July France (Le Castellet)

31 July Hungary (Budapest)

28 August Belgium (Spa-Francorchamps)

4 September Netherlands (Zandvoort)

11 September Italy (Monza)

25 September Russia (Sochi)

2 October Singapore (Marina Bay)

9 October Japan (Suzuka)

23 October USA (Austin)

30 October Mexico (Mexico City)

13 November Brazil (Sao Paulo)

20 November Abu Dhabi (Yas Marina)

The season won't go any later due to Qatar World Cup.
Old 15 Oct 2021, 11:09 (Ref:4078568)   #16
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Qatar World Cup clash is a reason for finishing before December.
Old 15 Oct 2021, 11:12 (Ref:4078570)   #17
S griffin
Veteran

Normally F1 hasn’t really cared about the world cup clashing, but I do think there is no real need for the F1 season to go on into December
Old 15 Oct 2021, 11:24 (Ref:4078573)   #18
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Normally F1 hasn’t really cared about the world cup clashing, but I do think there is no real need for the F1 season to go on into December
It's more about being geographically separated as opposed to being on the same dates.

The Qatar World Cup starts on 21 Feb, and so there is a lot of reason for F1 to avoid being in the ME at the same time.

If you compare to the nearest F1 raced to previous World Cup host nations:
2018 Russia - F1 raced in France, Austria and UK.
2014 Brasil - F1 raced in Austria and UK.
2010 South Africa - F1 raced in Canada, Spain and UK.
2006 Germany - F1 raced in UK, Canada and USA.

With Abu Dhabi hosting the final round, it is the clash of location rather than event.
Old 15 Oct 2021, 19:21 (Ref:4078633)   #19
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Only so many fancy hotel rooms to go around and if you think the FIA and FIFA guys aren't booking the same rooms, well I got a bridge for you. Ok, yes fans need rooms too but when did they start thinking about us peons?
Old 15 Oct 2021, 19:45 (Ref:4078634)   #20
S griffin
Veteran

Hopefully there’ll enough rooms for everyone, I don’t think it will be a problem. However fans aren’t being made a priority, but they will all find their own way without help
Old 16 Oct 2021, 07:09 (Ref:4078680)   #21
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beau2 View Post
Thanks for the insight. It just seems crazy to fly on three separate trips to North America following Grand Prix that are based in Europe.
Back in Bernie's days Brazil and Argentina opened the season and then it flowed from there.
Before that it would start in South Africa back in 1968-74.
I was at the Long beach GP in 1982/1983 in late March or early April.
The they went to Europe and came back for June Detroit/Canada pairing.
Las Vegas was held in the end of the season in 82-83 before travelling to Australia for the final round in Adelaide.

It is what is is but the scheduling also depends on local weather/rain/humidity and what other events are conflicting in the host nation.
Old 16 Oct 2021, 11:21 (Ref:4078694)   #22
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Find their own way without help?

They will need a lot of help if there aren't enough rooms as there won't be anywhere to stay!
Old 17 Oct 2021, 06:56 (Ref:4078847)   #23
S griffin
Veteran

I've realised this will be the first time since 2006 that we will have more than one country host two GPs. That year it was Italy and Germany, next year it will be Italy and USA
Old 17 Oct 2021, 07:59 (Ref:4078852)   #24
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
I've realised this will be the first time since 2006 that we will have more than one country host two GPs. That year it was Italy and Germany, next year it will be Italy and USA
On different circuits yes, but 2020 saw Austria, UK and Bahrain host 2 races and Italy host 3 races.

(I know it was a response to the COVID situation, and some of those were double-headers)
Old 17 Oct 2021, 12:12 (Ref:4078875)   #25
S griffin
Veteran

Yes, after I posted that I forgot about that. I should have said ‘ignoring duplicate GPs on the same circuit’