Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 1 Oct 2017, 16:27 (Ref:3771038)   #101
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
First half a lap was like Talladega! side by side trains, lol.
Old 1 Oct 2017, 16:29 (Ref:3771039)   #102
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Tom Ingram decides the championship with a punt on Jackson.
Old 1 Oct 2017, 16:30 (Ref:3771040)   #103
Londoner
Racer

Londoner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, ****. Congratulations to Sutton, but such an anticlimatic end to a great championship.
Old 1 Oct 2017, 16:30 (Ref:3771041)   #104
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
that's it

Murray sealed the fate with that draw
Old 1 Oct 2017, 16:32 (Ref:3771043)   #105
Mark0994
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade
Mark0994 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Congratulations to Sutton, shame no battle till the end.
Old 1 Oct 2017, 16:32 (Ref:3771044)   #106
850Estate
Veteran

Sweden
GBR/SWE
850Estate should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by 850Estate View Post
This Championship could be decided by tire choice here.
Or not.
Old 1 Oct 2017, 16:35 (Ref:3771045)   #107
ChrisMarks
Rookie

Denmark
ChrisMarks should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lol that was karma!
Old 1 Oct 2017, 16:36 (Ref:3771046)   #108
Londoner
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisMarks View Post
Lol that was karma!
"Karma"

Grow up, please.
Old 1 Oct 2017, 16:37 (Ref:3771047)   #109
slummingangel
Racer

Ireland
slummingangel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by KA View Post
Car's on the grid, so maybe just packing up whatever kit wasn't needed for race 3 ready for a quick getaway? Brands to Dalkeith is a fair old trek home...
Didn't Moffat mention something about a party when he was interviewed after race 1? Probably in a rush to get home to it
Old 1 Oct 2017, 16:40 (Ref:3771048)   #110
ChrisMarks
Rookie

Denmark
ChrisMarks should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoner View Post
"Karma"

Grow up, please.
Relax dude, where i am from we believe in karma. So it has nothing to do with being an adult or being childish
Old 1 Oct 2017, 16:56 (Ref:3771051)   #111
AdrianM
Racer

AdrianM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
I decided to leave it a while after the race before reading the comments on here and I'm quite surprised. It looks like I'm the only one who thinks Mr Gow gave Turks some extra boost for this one to spice up the show. The BMW was far quicker than anything else out there...
Nothing sinister. Right tyre, no ballast and nothing to lose.
Old 1 Oct 2017, 17:00 (Ref:3771052)   #112
Londoner
Racer

"not sure what opportunities he might have" - Tim Harvey on Plato just now. Am I reading too much into this, or did Harvey just allude to Plato leaving BMR?

Also, Handy Motorsport and Simon Belcher's first win.

Matt Simpson was picking people off like they didn't exist...and then he remembered he was Matt Simpson and stuffed the car into the nearest gravel trap. How stereotypical.
Old 1 Oct 2017, 17:03 (Ref:3771053)   #113
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
That was a disappointing end to the championship. Fitting that the title was decided by a punt...just unusually it was two unrelated cars who decided it.

Well deserved title by Sutton, just a flat end to the whole thing.
Old 1 Oct 2017, 17:03 (Ref:3771054)   #114
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoner View Post
"not sure what opportunities he might have" - Tim Harvey on Plato just now. Am I reading too much into this, or did Harvey just elude to Plato leaving BMR?.
TOCA enabled BMR to win the titles with too much boos in 2nd season half but at least JP din't got it

Tingram is the champion of the unofficial FWD class which TOCA did their best to leave them in the dust
Old 1 Oct 2017, 17:14 (Ref:3771056)   #115
pimmy
Veteran

England
Witney
pimmy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The right champion in the end and a great final race winner, too.

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Tapatalk
Old 1 Oct 2017, 17:18 (Ref:3771057)   #116
BLiTZ
Racer

United Kingdom
BLiTZ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So a fellow Mountune engined car takes out Turkington, time to get your tin foil hats out! LOL

With the Honda’s out of the running I’ve had a hard time deciding who I’d rather win. I don’t like Turkington, and I don’t like Plato United, sorry I mean BMR, so it’s been fun watching it from a neutral position. Whilst it’d have been more fun if Turkington had taken it to the wire, I think Ash deserves the win. Let’s just hope TOCA balance things out again for 2018.

Looking forward to the Honda FK8 and the Alfa Romeo!
Old 1 Oct 2017, 17:21 (Ref:3771058)   #117
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
ITV really have to get that F1 dig in at any opportunity. Sutton is about to be given the trophy, and they're standing there going "Murray says this is better than F1 LOL"

Sutton looking over the moon.
Old 1 Oct 2017, 19:07 (Ref:3771077)   #118
luckn002
Veteran

England
South England
luckn002 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Overall it's been a great season - and like others have said, the two (arguably) best drivers on the grid were the two in the title hunt. Personally I like both, but it's great to see a new champion after a few years. Shame Ingram wasn't in the hunt too, should be close next year.

Great to see so many different drivers up at the front - Austin getting a well deserved win, Moffat getting a win and Epps too.

From where I was sitting driving standards looked much better today too - not including the Turkington tap...
Only one safety car must be a new record for the BTCC, especially on a greasy track!

Can't wait for next year... Let the silly season begin!
Old 1 Oct 2017, 19:12 (Ref:3771079)   #119
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I enjoyed that

Sutton looked like he had all but wrapped it up in R2, but I remembered AJ in 2013. In the end Colin did probably the drive of his life, shame about that hit on Moffat, at least he apologised for that mistake. R3 title battle was looking good till Turk went out early which was a shame, it reminded me of the 2001 final race again at a wet Brands when Muller's car caught fire. Still at least we could enjoy the race after that. Fun seeing the drivers on slicks coming through the field, shame it started raining again. Well done Sutton, must be the most inexperienced champion. Also well done Warren Scott on getting this far

Moffat is getting better and better and well done Austin, getting Handy's first win in their last race with the Toyota. 13 different winners beats last season's record of 12. Vauxhall looked more competitive this weekend, shame it's a bit late

And where were the other BMWs and Scoobys? Ok, Plato and AJ wrongly gambled on wets in race 1, but only Jordan looked racey, Plato just seemed to give up, he was even beaten by Stuart Lines, who looked racey for once in R3.

So that's the end of the most competitive season since the super touring days
Old 1 Oct 2017, 19:34 (Ref:3771081)   #120
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
I dont think Turks had the luck this year, plus the car seemed off the pace a lot of the time for reasons so far unexplained. Turks also didnt get his usual massive points haul from Oulton / Croft / Knockhill. Combined with being hit / punted off at least 3 times (Brands - Neal, Silverstone - Jelly, Brands GP - Jackson). I can't honestly remember a race where Sutton got into trouble in terms of being hit by another car resulting in either a spin or a DNF, perhaps there was one and I just dont remember, however it seemed like Sutton always finished races.
Old 1 Oct 2017, 19:54 (Ref:3771082)   #121
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
I dont think Turks had the luck this year, plus the car seemed off the pace a lot of the time for reasons so far unexplained. Turks also didnt get his usual massive points haul from Oulton / Croft / Knockhill. Combined with being hit / punted off at least 3 times (Brands - Neal, Silverstone - Jelly, Brands GP - Jackson). I can't honestly remember a race where Sutton got into trouble in terms of being hit by another car resulting in either a spin or a DNF, perhaps there was one and I just dont remember, however it seemed like Sutton always finished races.
Snetterton R3? Or Brands R2?
Old 1 Oct 2017, 19:55 (Ref:3771083)   #122
S griffin
Veteran

It was nice to see Warren Scott and Ash Sutton saying it was a shame to win in that way, obviously a rare bit of humility there

Well done Tingram on getting that Indy title and for getting 3rd in the title. A case of what might have been. And Goff, what a recovery from that thump into the barrier
Old 1 Oct 2017, 20:52 (Ref:3771101)   #123
AdrianM
Racer

AdrianM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Ok, Plato and AJ wrongly gambled on wets in race 1
Wasn't a gamble in the strictest sense. Doing the opposite to what their teammates were doing was the right call. If the rain came down heavier they would have been in position to dictate pace and get their team mates into good points even after a stop for wets.
Old 1 Oct 2017, 21:52 (Ref:3771110)   #124
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So happy for young Ash, he's a mega talent and future superstar, I'm really curious what the future brings for him. I feel sorry for Colin, he's also a great driver but honestly Sutton was just more impressive this year. First few rounds were a bit average for Turks, back then Collard was the best man in BMW and I thought 'well, it's not Colin's season'.
Emotional Finals Day, great to have it once again after a thrilling 2016 finale.
Great season for Tingram, I'd love to see bigger Toyota involvement for next year but I doubt it.

What a great season it was, I'm gonna miss BTCC, hopefully there's even better 2018 ahead. And biggest question for 2018 - where JP is going to be?
Old 1 Oct 2017, 22:13 (Ref:3771115)   #125
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Congrates to Ash, but absolutely great weekend at Brands, BTCC is well worth going to see in person. The whole series of races were good and whatever people say about penalties and ballast BTCC always delivers exciting racing right up to the very last race so they must be doing it right.