Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 20 Sep 2003, 20:48 (Ref:725214)   #1
eein
Racer

eein should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Brans - 27th/28th - british GT

We are considering going to this next sunday as it sounds like a very good day out. But having never been there I was wondering if we can jsut turn up and pay on the day and what sort of traffic queues there are likely to be there - i.e. what sort of qeuing at what sort of times? I don't want to queue for ages, but don't want to have to get up too early to go!!
Old 20 Sep 2003, 20:54 (Ref:725218)   #2
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Ive never been to Brands in my life before, but judging from my experince of going to race meetings u can normally buy tickets on the gates. It wont be a capacity crowd tommorow, maybe 30-40,000 at most, as for queing I dont think that will be a major issue, maybe 5 or 10 minutes but the car park attendants are normally pretty good. I think that its a easy track to get to also due to its location. Hope u enjoy the day and cheer on the TVR boys!
Old 20 Sep 2003, 21:00 (Ref:725220)   #3
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
There will definitely be no problem buying a ticket on the gate - £10 for the day I gather.

The queues aren't usually too bad, the only time it gets sticky is if the huge boot sale near the M25 is on and it tails back around the roundabout to the M25.

From Guildford you should do it in an easy 45-60 mins door to door.

Its 30 cars now confirmed for the GTs btw
Old 21 Sep 2003, 05:21 (Ref:725370)   #4
jase
Veteran

jase should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjase should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
According to the latest timetable, qualifying start at 9am on the Saturday and racing 10am on the Sunday.

Worth the trip and the money, would advise that you get to Brands as early as possible.
Old 22 Sep 2003, 07:15 (Ref:726053)   #5
oily oaf
Racer

oily oaf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Do any of u guys know what the itinerary is at Bratch this Sunday, I cant get any info from Octagon's website which is designed with the express purpose of parting you with your spondoolics (cash) as quick as is humanly possible without being burdened with the hassle of actualy telling any bugger the timing of the races. Thanks in anticipation guys
Old 22 Sep 2003, 08:19 (Ref:726095)   #6
jase
Veteran

jase should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjase should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There is a timetable here:
http://www.brdc.co.uk/racedepartment...ands_Hatch.pdf

The GT's are out on Saturday:
11.10 -11.40 Free Practice
15.20 -15.50 Qualifying

On Sunday:
14.45 75minute Race

And as pointed out on the f3-gt forum, no GT warmup!
Old 22 Sep 2003, 11:03 (Ref:726237)   #7
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
eein, from the M25 take the A20 exit and floow the signs for Brands Hatch. The circuit is about 5 minutes drive after leaving the M25 and will be on your left hand side, next to the Thistle Hotel. If you aim to be there about 9.00/9.30am on Sunday, that should give you enough time to park the car and be trackside as the action starts. If it's a wet day then ask to take your car to South Bank (they will direct you) as it will give you somewhere warm and dry to watch the racing from. Other good areas to watch from are: Druids Hairpin, Paddock Hill Bend, Clearways, Sheens Curve (the old Dingle Dell). One very good tip is to take some sun cream with you just in case, as weekend after weekend I see very red and sore bodies leaving the track!

I hope that helps you a little.
Old 22 Sep 2003, 11:51 (Ref:726300)   #8
Williamp
Racer

Williamp should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Or, from the A20 follow signs for the Paddock entrance.

You wont be able to park in the paddock, but I find its better as you enter the circuit via the paddock- great way to start the day!!!
Old 22 Sep 2003, 13:01 (Ref:726388)   #9
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I just found this entry list for this weekends race. http://www.f3-gt.com/news.cfm?sectio...=768&year=2003 So there WILL be 30 cars on the grid. Sure theres more cup class machines there than GTO but theres still around 13 GTO class cars which is a good thing.
Old 22 Sep 2003, 13:35 (Ref:726427)   #10
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
F3 this weekend at Brands...

..... anyone going?

I know that Frankie and Sato are (aswell as myself).

Just wondered if anyone else is going, be great to meet up maybe?

Last edited by Mr V; 22 Sep 2003 at 13:35.
Old 22 Sep 2003, 17:11 (Ref:726684)   #11
eein
Racer

eein should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks for the info! Sounds like it will be a good day out - my parents are visiting and wanted me to find things for us to do (I think they were thinking more along the lines of gardens and castles, but I think GT and mini racing would be much more fun!).
Old 23 Sep 2003, 09:50 (Ref:727469)   #12
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Me...both days.
Old 23 Sep 2003, 11:44 (Ref:727588)   #13
Les
Veteran

Kenya
Suffolk,UK
Les should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ditto
Old 23 Sep 2003, 11:59 (Ref:727617)   #14
Bald Spot
Rookie

Bald Spot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ditto to the ditto.....
Old 23 Sep 2003, 15:06 (Ref:727798)   #15
Novice
Racer

England
Rochester, Kent
Novice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ditto to the ditto'd ditto
Old 23 Sep 2003, 17:49 (Ref:727948)   #16
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by SALEEN S7R
maybe 30-40,000 at most
HA!
maybe 20,000 if seat were giving away free tickets again but they're not so it'll be about 500-1,000...

i'll be there, maybe friday but definitely saturday and sunday. must... have... racing... cars...
Old 24 Sep 2003, 06:54 (Ref:728389)   #17
PaulSands
Veteran

England
Grantham
PaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I was thinking that 30-40,000 was a verrrrrrrry optimistic outlook..especially with the Superbikes at Donington grabbing a lot of the casual m/sport market
I'm starting to get a little end of termy counting down how many meetings I've got scheduled to attend
But then again maybe a healthy break will prepare the domestic ground for me to go mental in Europe next year
Old 24 Sep 2003, 06:57 (Ref:728394)   #18
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Bella, will we get to meet at last?
Old 24 Sep 2003, 12:00 (Ref:728637)   #19
Andrew Kitson
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
5 minutes from Snetterton
Andrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'll be there Saturday only. Will look out for you Stephen as I have photo accreditation to go 'your side' of the fence.
Old 24 Sep 2003, 12:36 (Ref:728665)   #20
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Cool, look forward to seeing you there Andrew...
Old 24 Sep 2003, 12:37 (Ref:728667)   #21
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Vancouver (I escaped from UK)
andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!
ditto- sunday
Old 25 Sep 2003, 12:04 (Ref:729651)   #22
Williamp
Racer

Williamp should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll be there as well. But, as an absolute newbie to ten tenths no-one will know who I am.

Oh, am I the only one who thinks the "vote for pole" system for the Seat race is wrong???
Old 25 Sep 2003, 12:16 (Ref:729665)   #23
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
William (slightly off topic) I'll be in the Kentagon for breakfast both Saturday and Sunday so if you spot the red trainers, pop over and introduce yourself.
Old 25 Sep 2003, 13:37 (Ref:729736)   #24
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Vancouver (I escaped from UK)
andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!
dont forget to Vote Spencer for Brands SuperPrix if you havent already had a chance.

I'll be about carrying an A4 Portfolio for most of the day or on the SEATCupra.net stand near clearways (Blue Leon TDi Cupra R lookalike)