Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 20 Sep 2019, 20:33 (Ref:3929146)   #101
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Masters Entries now on website

Very good with 512, Alfa 33, Speed 8, Maserati Mc12 GT1and a lot more.

Good numbers aswell.

On a personal level pretty depressed as I'll have to miss watching these cars again in particular the Ferrari as unfortunately knoweone I now can take me.
Old 22 Sep 2019, 15:20 (Ref:3929445)   #102
Wriggley Monkey
Rookie

Wriggley Monkey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looking forward to the six hour race with the TR4 SLR.

If I remember right last year my TV that usually connected to the pit feed did not - I had all the right connectors but it just did not tune into the signal.

Does anyone know the trick or the type of TV that is needed ?

Also I seem to remember that many people had computers that were showing the right screens. Do you need WIFI/4g for this or does this feed fro the wall - if from the wall what is the connector.

Many thanks for any information.

Brian White
Old 22 Sep 2019, 18:45 (Ref:3929483)   #103
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Think most people just resort to live timing on their iPads!
Old 22 Sep 2019, 18:47 (Ref:3929484)   #104
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
That and cross reference with TV in pit boxes.
Old 22 Sep 2019, 19:02 (Ref:3929486)   #105
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
That and cross reference with TV in pit boxes.
Old 23 Sep 2019, 17:57 (Ref:3929716)   #106
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Just checked BBC and rain every day.
Anyone found a more optimistic forecast? (Think beeb now suggesting dry Saturday.....)
Old 23 Sep 2019, 18:06 (Ref:3929725)   #107
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Ynderground even more pessimistic.
Old 23 Sep 2019, 20:57 (Ref:3929776)   #108
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not sure whether it has been mentioned (apologies if I missed it) but I see on FB that there’s a mini clubman entered in the 6 Hour race by Owen Fabrications, complete with wooden outer frame!
I think they are hoping for rain!
Old 23 Sep 2019, 21:54 (Ref:3929787)   #109
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
This one has a breakdown of forecast in 4 hour brackets for Spa Francorchamps. Scroll down page for detailed forecast. It shows some sunshine Friday pm, minimal rain on Saturday, and Sunday from 2pm get the deep cut wets out.

Best of luck.

https://www.yr.no/place/Belgium/Wall...amps/long.html
Old 23 Sep 2019, 22:01 (Ref:3929789)   #110
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I looked at it on Ventusky's site, who are usually very accurate, and they indicate heavy rainfall all day for both Saturday and Sunday. Saturday, they were forecasting that the rain would cease at around 19.00 hours, and resume at around midnight.
Old 24 Sep 2019, 04:59 (Ref:3929821)   #111
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy97 View Post
Not sure whether it has been mentioned (apologies if I missed it) but I see on FB that there’s a mini clubman entered in the 6 Hour race by Owen Fabrications, complete with wooden outer frame!
I think they are hoping for rain!
Yes, it’s entry and eligibility to get an HTP was questioned a few pages back! Not a Clubman, though, that was the bluff fronted Mini. This is a Traveller or Countryman, depending on whether a Morris or Austin. (I haven’t checked the entry list...)
Old 24 Sep 2019, 05:16 (Ref:3929822)   #112
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Yes, it’s entry and eligibility to get an HTP was questioned a few pages back! Not a Clubman, though, that was the bluff fronted Mini. This is a Traveller or Countryman, depending on whether a Morris or Austin. (I haven’t checked the entry list...)
Ah, yes, thanks for clarification.
Old 24 Sep 2019, 10:22 (Ref:3929855)   #113
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
https://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/...-4-months.html

snow chains in the boot. . .
Old 24 Sep 2019, 11:01 (Ref:3929863)   #114
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
I never knew there was a brand split between the estate car name.
Old 24 Sep 2019, 11:30 (Ref:3929868)   #115
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
Quote:
I think the interesting thing is that it still has the external wooden frame!
Old 24 Sep 2019, 12:10 (Ref:3929876)   #116
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
I dont think its a real frame as seen on the Minor, more likely a deco. Anyway a real good looking car.
Old 24 Sep 2019, 12:37 (Ref:3929885)   #117
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
I dont think its a real frame as seen on the Minor, more likely a deco. Anyway a real good looking car.
https://www.minispares-online.co.uk/mk1-mk2-countryman-traveller-complete-wood-panel-kit-with-fixings/
Old 24 Sep 2019, 12:41 (Ref:3929887)   #118
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
I never knew there was a brand split between the estate car name.
You’re obviously too young Max!

Now at the circuit and it’s not raining! It was earlier though, so I’m told, and there’s lots of puddles.....

As indicated in paperwork, not getting in until 8pm, by which time no doubt it will be raining!
Old 24 Sep 2019, 12:56 (Ref:3929891)   #119
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Been listening to Classic 21, a commercial Belgian radio station, and they’re advertising the 6hr meeting.
Old 24 Sep 2019, 16:53 (Ref:3929916)   #120
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
See you tomorrow Mike. I will be parking with Pre War cars which I think will be down by the entrance gate.
Old 24 Sep 2019, 17:28 (Ref:3929924)   #121
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
You’re obviously too young Max!

I always thought of the Moggy Minor Traveller and the Mini Countryman. You learn something new every day!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Old 24 Sep 2019, 17:29 (Ref:3929925)   #122
midgetman
Veteran

Sage journey to all attending whether competing, spannering, officiating or spectating. Good speed and stay safe to all those behind the wheel.

I'm so glad I'm not breaking my Spa 6 Hour duck this weekend having seen the forecast!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Old 24 Sep 2019, 17:44 (Ref:3929926)   #123
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Will arrive around 4pm hopefully. In red paddock with Masters.
Old 24 Sep 2019, 19:18 (Ref:3929937)   #124
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
See you tomorrow Mike. I will be parking with Pre War cars which I think will be down by the entrance gate.
Not far away- I’m next to the fuel station.

The rains came, and it’s been miserable for the last few hours.....
Old 24 Sep 2019, 19:19 (Ref:3929938)   #125
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Have fun and be safe all this weekend.

Enjoy .