Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 6 May 2005, 21:17 (Ref:1294658)   #1
Spudgun
Race Official
Veteran

England
Reading, UK
Spudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Official: TTFRL GPL Season 4

Welcome to the official TTFRL GPL League thread. The website is not ready yet, but it is on it's way.

As well as the Season 4 rules which you can find below, pirenzo has kindly produced some guidelines for any newcomers, though it is also a good refresher for those more experienced among us.

TTFRL Driver Guidelines

Please could you post your chassis nominations for the first five rounds of the championship by Sunday 15th May.

May I take this opportunity to say good luck and lets have some great racing!

--------------------------------------------------------

TTFRL GPL Season 4 League Rules - as amended 5 May 2005

Your moderator is Spudgun

1. Race details:-

Races will be run according to the schedule of circuits issued by the moderator. For the current season this is as follows:-

1. Spa-Franchorchamps - 17 May 2005
2. Goodwood - 31 May 2005
3. Adelaide ’85 - 14 June 2005
4. Nurburgring - 28 June 2005
5. Cadwell Park - 19 July 2005
6. Mexico City - 2 August 2005
7. Monza - 16 August 2005
8. East London - 30 August 2005
9. Snetterton ’67 - 13 September 2005
10. Albi - 27 September 2005

PLEASE NOTE: The race host server has the Bandwidth Patch installed. All client machines will need this patch installed in order to race.

Races will begin at 8:00pm GMT, and are run on a passworded server.
Any newcomers wishing to participate should first email the moderator or post in the current season’s thread in ‘Virtual Racers’. Once accepted, they should then send a private message to pirenzo at ten-tenths to get hold of the chatroom details.

1.1 Car Choice

For season 4, you will be able to choose the car you wish to race at a given race. Subject to some limitations, outlined below.

10.1.1 You may not use any car more than three times.

10.1.2 You must use all cars at least once.

10.1.3 You must nominate your choices in advance of the season. You will be asked to nominate for the first five races shortly prior to the first race. You will nominate the remainder after the 5th race.

10.1.4 Should you miss a race, you will have that car choice scrapped and you will continue with whichever car you originally nominated for your return race.

The race length is Intermediate Long. All races will have a 40 minute qualifying session. For the shorter tracks this might be a long time, but it should balance out for the longer tracks. This will also give TTFRL members more chance to join with an extra ten minutes before the race. It also means (subject to the server), races should still finish around 9.30 p.m. British time. All practice sessions will commence at 8.00 p.m. promptly.

Important. No races will be re-run. The only exception to this rule will be where the host server is lost. The rule will apply equally whether race connection is via VROC (or other similar program) or manual online connection through GPL itself. It does not matter if only 2 people finish, that’s racing sometimes.

2. Sporting Rules:-

2.1 There are no limits to the number of times you Shift-R in the race but the more you spin off the more you inevitably lose. “To finish first, first you have to finish” to quote a well-known phrase. It is therefore in all drivers best interests to keep on track at all times.

2.2 If you feel aggrieved by a move carried out on you by another driver then save and send a clip of the incident to the race moderator not later than by the Friday after the Tuesday evening race. The clip should be accompanied by a text explanation of the issue of concern (which indicates the point in time of the race when the issue arises). This will enable the replay to be checked, and a decision reached as soon as possible about any action which should be taken. The race moderator reserves the right to discount any protest/issue raised after the Friday deadline.
No penalty will be imposed by the race moderator for any inappropriate driving behaviour or TTFRL rule infringement before the driver(s) concerned has/have been given an opportunity to respond to any accusation or concern.

Finishing place deduction or suspended race ban (at the race moderator’s discretion) will be the most likely penalties for poor driving, e.g. an avoidable tap up the back end. Any ruled purposeful taking out of a driver will result in a disqualification for that race and the likelihood of suspension for one or more races to follow.

2.3 If you cause an accident which you know to be your fault entirely it is your responsibility to come into the pits and take a stop-go penalty. If you are unsure, do not take the penalty. If the other driver involved takes issue with your move they will bring it up with the moderator after the race.
Any incident which is brought to the attention of the moderator will be carefully looked over as per 2.2.

2.4 All races results (whether generated by GPL itself or GPLRA) will be provisional until such time as the race moderator publishes the official results. Ideally, the results will be published one week after each race. Once the official results have been published (on Ten Tenths and/or by email) no further amendment of the results will take place. The race moderator will forward full results to all members who have previously supplied an email address.

2.5 The Server replay will be used to look at all decisions regarding incidents. If the server replay is not available then any other replay saved by a driver may be consulted.

2.6 The points system for the race will be 15-12-9-7-6-5-4-3-2-1. Subject to rule 8, all drivers that finish the race in the first 10 positions will score points. If there is a tie in the points at the end of the season the title (and other positions) will be determined by countback of best results.

2.7 One point will be awarded to the driver who sets the pole position time and a further point will be awarded to the driver who sets the fastest race lap.

2.8 In the event of a driver becoming disconnected from the race server, the follow provisions will apply:-

i) In the case of a loss of server for the individual driver, any finishing points will still be awarded.

ii) In the case of a voluntary disconnection by a driver from the race server, any finishing points will be disallowed (although points gained for pole position or fastest lap will be retained).

This rule will be applied in as black and white fashion as possible, however the race moderator will retain the discretion to award finishing points in those cases which he regards a force majeure. Repeated voluntary disconnections in races for the same reason are unlikely to attract this consideration.

In the event of a disconnection (other than where the server itself is lost), any driver wishing to put forward reasons of force majeure should PM or email the race moderator within 24 hours of the race finish.

2.9 All races will count towards the final championship. Any points awarded for pole position and/or fastest lap will be added to this score.

2.10 Other general rules are that all cars must be from of the original GPL game - engine swaps (e.g. Lotus engine in a Brabham) will not be permitted under any circumstances. Any driver found to have broken this rule can expect to be disqualified from the league. The cars must handle like the game was initially intended to be.

2.11 Driver aids are allowed if preferred as they offer no real performance advantage. However, we strongly recommend that driver aids are not used as you will have to relearn how to drive a GPL car once you switch them off. They cause bad habits in the long-run!

2.12 When qualifying Shift R is not to be used on track. If you spin and crash and suffer damage you must restart from the pit lane.

2.13 The race moderator’s rule will be final in all matters.

The race moderators role will be to look at the race and check to see if every driver is behaving appropriately, no one is cheating etc, etc. He will then finalise the race results and consider any protects and penalties to be applied. He will oversee the league in case anything gets out of hand, questions are asked, etc, etc, etc

These rules are here to keep a check on the racing and not stop it from happening. Remember - this is a friendly racing league, not a free for all. Keep racing clean, and have fun.
Old 7 May 2005, 08:11 (Ref:1294923)   #2
petestenning
Veteran

petestenning should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Do you want the chassis nominations to be posted on the forum or by PM?

The rule regarding causing of accidents is that new? as i dont recall that last season.
In which case that means rear (and i changed that word) lol, ending me because i brake earlier than the rest is going to get up some drivers nose. .
Of course except Nurby where no one will see me at all i will be well behind you all.

Pete
Old 7 May 2005, 08:37 (Ref:1294932)   #3
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
There has always been a rule about taking a stop-go penalty if you cause an accident, but we were aware that in the heat of the moment people often didn't, but usually it was difficult to tell when accidents were definitely your fault or just 'racing incidents', especially where blind spots were involved, so we've left this stop-go thing more up to driver discretion, as obviously any move which the other driver feels was an unfair one will bring it up with spud after the race anyway.

Chassis nominations are probably better by PM. (to spud this time )
Old 7 May 2005, 08:42 (Ref:1294934)   #4
Spudgun
Race Official
Veteran

England
Reading, UK
Spudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
On the forum please. It'll make it easier to keep track of it all!

The rule for accidents was there last year, but its just been reworded a bit for this year. Incidents will be investigated on an individual basis. If its an accident its an accident, these things to happen. Its mainly poor judgement, rash moves etc where the incident could be easily avoided where penalties are likely to be incurred.
Old 7 May 2005, 08:46 (Ref:1294937)   #5
Spudgun
Race Official
Veteran

England
Reading, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirenzo
Chassis nominations are probably better by PM. (to spud this time )
I didn't see this before I posted mine, but as in my previous post please put them on the forum. As I said before it'll make it easier to keep track of and also I think it'll be an interesting topic of discussion between drivers of the choices.

Think carefully though. Once posted and the edit time window has elapsed its final.
Old 7 May 2005, 08:50 (Ref:1294940)   #6
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
OK then Spud, whatever. I just thought it might clutter the thread a little.
Old 7 May 2005, 09:41 (Ref:1294960)   #7
petestenning
Veteran

Thanks for your clarication no problem at all.
I will post my chassis choice soon when i have had time to try the circuits new to me. Adelaide is not my favorite so that might be a use rubbish car at rubbish track

Pete.
Looking forward to the start and by the way i am getting a new wheel and pedals which would mean getting rid of the forced assitance i have been running due to using the wheel buttons for acc/brakes.
Bet i spin more
Old 7 May 2005, 14:14 (Ref:1295091)   #8
Gil Abobeleira
Veteran

Gil Abobeleira should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, I'm really an unlucky sod, with you schedulling the first 4 races for the same Tuesdays as the GPLPT-League, but ok

As I don't like mind games, here's my car list for the first 5 races:

Spa - Eagle
Goodwood - Brabham
Adelaide - Lotus
Nurburgring - Ferrari
Cadwell Park - Cooper
Old 7 May 2005, 15:47 (Ref:1295139)   #9
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
And mine

Spa - Lotus
Goodwood - BRM
Adelaide - Ferrari
Nurburgring - Ferrari
Cadwell - Brabham
Old 7 May 2005, 18:26 (Ref:1295217)   #10
Gil Abobeleira
Veteran

Hmm, we are in for a good cracker then pirenzo at spa, Ring and Cadwell Park
Old 7 May 2005, 18:28 (Ref:1295219)   #11
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Hehe, I've done barely any running at Cadwell, and will be slow as hell as per usual at Spa, so the ring and Adelaide look like better prospects
Old 7 May 2005, 23:17 (Ref:1295308)   #12
Gil Abobeleira
Veteran

Hmmm, sorry, but I don't think you'll get a chance at Adelaide, it's one of those where I really excel (1.29.5 with the lotus ).
Hope I'n not wrong lolol
Old 8 May 2005, 00:04 (Ref:1295323)   #13
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Bah, whatever you can do I can do
Old 8 May 2005, 00:05 (Ref:1295325)   #14
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
My picks for the first 5 races:

1. Spa-Franchorchamps - Lotus
2. Goodwood - Ferrari
3. Adelaide ’85 - Brabham
4. Nurburgring - Cooper
5. Cadwell Park - Ferrari
Old 8 May 2005, 09:04 (Ref:1295525)   #15
petestenning
Veteran

Chassis picks for races 1to 5

Spa= Eagle
Goodwood= Ferrari
Adelaide= Brabham
Nurby= BRM
Cadwell Park Lotus

Pete
Old 8 May 2005, 09:30 (Ref:1295557)   #16
Gil Abobeleira
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirenzo
Bah, whatever you can do I can do

Not in the Ferrari
Old 9 May 2005, 08:28 (Ref:1296354)   #17
Cougar
Veteran

South Africa
London(ex RSA)
Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!
Relative n00b that I am to GPL I will have to check the list of cars before I can choose *hangs head in shame*

For the first race my mom is going to be visiting from South Africa but I might just find a good enough exscuse to come and race. Maybe get the two seater out and bring her along

For Race 8 ironically ill be the closest person to the real track but I wont be able to race. Thats if my holiday plans go as planned.

Happy Racing

What sort of motorist are you... Smooth or Hairy

I'm definitely hairy.
Old 9 May 2005, 11:42 (Ref:1296522)   #18
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
OK, here goes.....

1. Spa-Franchorchamps - Eagle
2. Goodwood - Brabham
3. Adelaide ’85 - Ferrari
4. Nurburgring - Cooper
5. Cadwell Park - Lotus

By the way, what is the contingency plan for anyone who joins after the start of the season?
Old 9 May 2005, 11:59 (Ref:1296555)   #19
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
They'll have to post before 2 days prior to their first race, as you're doing.
They will decide their choices up until the same period as everyone else, so if they join at round 3, they'll pick for rounds 3, 4 and 5.

If there aren't enough round left for them to use all cars, then it can be safely assumed I'd have thought that it will already be too late to effect the standings too much, and they'll still be subject to the same rule that they can only use each car 3 times.
Old 9 May 2005, 17:14 (Ref:1296843)   #20
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Fair enough - all bases covered then.....
Old 9 May 2005, 17:35 (Ref:1296865)   #21
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
It seems so (they weren't until you asked though )
Old 9 May 2005, 17:49 (Ref:1296887)   #22
ozywoodwards
Veteran

United Kingdom
Chorlton, Manchester
ozywoodwards should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Here are mine...

Spa - Eagle
Goodwood - Lotus
Adelaide - Honda
Ring - Ferrari
Cadwell - Brabham
Old 9 May 2005, 21:28 (Ref:1297064)   #23
Spudgun
Race Official
Veteran

England
Reading, UK
I haven't finalised my 5 yet, but you lot are gonna make me look like a copy-cat with the Eagle at Spa!
Old 10 May 2005, 13:56 (Ref:1297542)   #24
ozywoodwards
Veteran

United Kingdom
Chorlton, Manchester
ozywoodwards should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i recently completed a hand full of laps at adelaide and cadwell, both of which are new to me. adelaide 1:35 in the honda, and cadwell 1.31 in the brab.

how well am i going? how much work needs to be done?!
Old 10 May 2005, 15:42 (Ref:1297598)   #25
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Well, you'll need to be into the 26s and 27s at Cadwell, and 31 and 32s at Adelaide.

I think Gil is right, he is a bit of an Adelaide specialist in the 29s