Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 21 Sep 2007, 22:20 (Ref:2020131)   #1
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Craftsman Truck: Smith's Las Vegas 350

It's JV's debut this weekend so may as well have a truck thread.

Here's the entry list: http://www.nascar.com/races/truck/20...ntry_list.html
Old 22 Sep 2007, 22:02 (Ref:2020668)   #2
VilleneuveTracy
Veteran

United States
New Jersey
VilleneuveTracy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridVilleneuveTracy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hey, you can watch the race online if you download TVUPlayer. The channel "Wheels" shows Speed events, including CTS races. This is a godsend for those who don't get Speed like me! Go JV!!!!

3 Heinz-Harald Frentzen Williams-Renault 42 (1 win, 1 pole)

Anyone could have won in the 97' Williams...
Old 22 Sep 2007, 23:17 (Ref:2020702)   #3
VilleneuveTracy
Veteran

United States
New Jersey
VilleneuveTracy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridVilleneuveTracy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
JV 7th of 30 cars right now in qualifying!!!

Old 22 Sep 2007, 23:30 (Ref:2020707)   #4
VilleneuveTracy
Veteran

United States
New Jersey
Buddy Lazier 20th out of 32 right now. JV still 7th.

Old 22 Sep 2007, 23:37 (Ref:2020709)   #5
VilleneuveTracy
Veteran

United States
New Jersey
Starting grid

1) Kvapil
2) Skinner
3) Green
4) Bodine
5) Darnell
6) McCumbee
7) Villeneuve
8) Compton
9) Smith
10) Bell

Notables

11) Musgrave
15) Hornaday
17) Setzer
20) Lazier
28) Sprague

Old 23 Sep 2007, 03:04 (Ref:2020763)   #6
VilleneuveTracy
Veteran

United States
New Jersey
JV was running okay early in the race but he received damage when the car in front of him spun and that killed his car. With 20 laps left he is 22nd, one lap down. It is a shame his debut was marred by bad luck and it will be a month before he gets to run a real race (Talladega is not real racing ).

Old 23 Sep 2007, 03:35 (Ref:2020772)   #7
ThePenguin
Veteran

United States
United States
ThePenguin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was hoping that JV would do better, but Travis Kvapil is my favorite driver so at least I am happy with the result of the race.
Old 23 Sep 2007, 11:28 (Ref:2020894)   #8
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
Six Jolly Fellowship Porters
Last2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by VilleneuveTracy
It is a shame his debut was marred by bad luck...
Unfortunate maybe VT, but from the onboard, I think Jacques'll be a little bit more heads-up next time.

That's gonna take some getting used to. Restarts were a nightmare apparently (6 or 8 places?), and there's nothing but room for error. Once he gets a little more comfortable behind the wheel of that thing though, he'll race one of those. Could be just the ticket.

Giddy up.
Old 23 Sep 2007, 11:46 (Ref:2020904)   #9
muggle not
Veteran

United States
North Carolina, U.S.
muggle not should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmuggle not should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
OK, what happened was Brian scott who was in front of JV lost a little control and "wiggled" whcih caused him to slow down. JV did not react fast enough and ran into the back of Brian putting him into the wall. As stated by Liftoff, JV probably learned some from the incident and will be more heads up next time.
Old 23 Sep 2007, 18:14 (Ref:2021167)   #10
VilleneuveTracy
Veteran

United States
New Jersey
I agree. He will learn from that--which is what he intended to do by running the race.

Restarts were terrible. He struggled on cold tires but I am sure they will work on that and have JV up to par soon. This is why it is great he is starting in the CTS series and not going straight to cup. He can work out the kinks now, rather than in the bigtime next year.

JV did run well before the damage. He was mediocre early but right at the end of the first run he seemed to get his groove and was running within 0.1 second a lap of the leader. He moved from 17th or 18th to 14th during this period. Then the caution came out, he, as he did all race, lost ground on the restart and then he was moving back up and then the accident happened. As far as pace goes it was a solid debut imo, although the damage did not allow the result to reflect it. The damage caused him to run about 3 seconds a lap slower than the leader right after he received it, although the team was able to slightly improve the truck's handling later on.

JV's comment after the race (from espn):

"I was running high and I ended up getting sideways," Villeneuve said. "You can actually slide those trucks a lot without crashing [into the wall], so that's quite good. I'm surprised because it wasn't a big hit at all, but it did significant damage. I didn't expect so much damage, so that's something to learn."

Old 26 Sep 2007, 07:27 (Ref:2023213)   #11
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
good effort by jacques to qualify 7th, guess its all just racing experience in these categories that he is lacking...
good win for kvapil, his 4th of the year i think

Points after 19 rounds...

1 Mike Skinner - 3064
2 Ron Hornaday - 3061
3 Travis Kvapil - 2883
4 Todd Bodine - 2750
5 Johnny Benson - 2666
Old 26 Sep 2007, 10:48 (Ref:2023368)   #12
StuiE
Veteran

StuiE should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I caught the 30 or so laps of this just then, good racing there