Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 6 Oct 2007, 17:32 (Ref:2033078)   #1
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
UAW-Ford 500 at Dega; JV's Cup debut

Qualifying is halfway. So far Villeneuve is 3rd (and Toyota 1-2-3)....
Old 6 Oct 2007, 18:59 (Ref:2033123)   #2
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Villeneuve qualified 6th!

Toyota at position 1, 2, 3, 5 and 6!
Old 6 Oct 2007, 19:17 (Ref:2033137)   #3
kelvin88
Veteran

United Kingdom
south east
kelvin88 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Get In!!! J.v! J.v! J.v!
Old 6 Oct 2007, 19:33 (Ref:2033150)   #4
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
500 miles to go yet but it's a start.

Sam Hornish Jr. also in, starts 13th.

Full lineup here: http://www.nascar.com/races/cup/2007...ta/lineup.html
Old 6 Oct 2007, 19:41 (Ref:2033156)   #5
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
8 Toyota's in top 15. Did they use some left overs from Marion Jones?
Old 6 Oct 2007, 19:46 (Ref:2033157)   #6
kelvin88
Veteran

United Kingdom
south east
kelvin88 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE
8 Toyota's in top 15. Did they use some left overs from Marion Jones?
Probably get rid of a few when they take the carbs off to check the restrictor plates...

What happend to Jeff Gordon?
Old 6 Oct 2007, 19:48 (Ref:2033159)   #7
johntt
Veteran

England
England
johntt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy
500 miles to go yet but it's a start.

Sam Hornish Jr. also in, starts 13th.

Full lineup here: http://www.nascar.com/races/cup/2007...ta/lineup.html
Are they final? - seems to show Gordon and a load of other big names DNQ?

Sorry - just seen the results. Hornish Jr and Allmendinger are out despite being in the top 15 on speed.
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit.' And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." -Ayrton Senna
Old 6 Oct 2007, 19:52 (Ref:2033163)   #8
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by johntt
Sorry - just seen the results. Hornish Jr and Allmendinger are out despite being in the top 15 on speed.
Top 15 in a grid of 43 (51) and still not qualified
Old 6 Oct 2007, 20:02 (Ref:2033171)   #9
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Wow, I thought they'd be in getting that high up!
Old 6 Oct 2007, 20:17 (Ref:2033178)   #10
muggle not
Veteran

United States
North Carolina, U.S.
muggle not should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmuggle not should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lest we forget, this is an impound race. Most of the Chase drivers are in race trim while the top qualifiers were in qualifying trim out of necessity.
Old 6 Oct 2007, 20:42 (Ref:2033192)   #11
ThePenguin
Veteran

United States
United States
ThePenguin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There is something really wrong with all those Toyotas in the front.
Old 6 Oct 2007, 23:10 (Ref:2033302)   #12
LunaticCardboad
Rookie

LunaticCardboad should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE
Top 15 in a grid of 43 (51) and still not qualified

Welcome to the idiocracy known as NASCAR
Old 6 Oct 2007, 23:13 (Ref:2033303)   #13
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It's funny those that bashed JV this week were out qualified by him (in 6th!) on debut for Cup! Go Sam!
Old 7 Oct 2007, 01:05 (Ref:2033365)   #14
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
Six Jolly Fellowship Porters
Last2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Setup for qualifying though Luke, but I hear ya. I didn't see the Craftsman Truck race today but understand Jacques was out pretty early. And it's not gonna get any easier tomorrow. Looking forward to a NASCAR race...go figure.
Old 7 Oct 2007, 01:23 (Ref:2033380)   #15
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
Last2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Ah, what the heck, I'll post this. After all, it's not everyday you're trying to qualify for your debut Cup race on a Superspeedway, I don't think. The car looks great and a pretty good run.

Last edited by Hazza; 7 Oct 2007 at 05:23.
Old 7 Oct 2007, 01:50 (Ref:2033396)   #16
StuiE
Veteran

StuiE should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeh, theres a reason it's all non-top 35 cars up front, qualifying setups, same way Boris Said got the Pole at Daytona last year, he missed it here though

How long has it been since Micheal Waltrip sat on the pole?

"I think we broke something.......Traction" -Carl Edwards 19/8/06 MIS

05 - Peter Brock
Old 7 Oct 2007, 12:09 (Ref:2033864)   #17
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by luke
It's funny those that bashed JV this week were out qualified by him (in 6th!) on debut for Cup! Go Sam!
You do realise Talladega is totally flat out? A qualifying lap good or bad is irrelevant to all intents and purposes. All about setup.

I'd fully expect the Toyota's to have a harder time today.
Old 7 Oct 2007, 12:37 (Ref:2033899)   #18
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
I see, yet again, we are receiving no TV coverage in the UK
Old 7 Oct 2007, 13:01 (Ref:2033923)   #19
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Not until egg chasing finishes. I hate to miss Talladega.

I'll have to download TVU again, although my connection has been slow this weekend.
Old 7 Oct 2007, 13:13 (Ref:2033930)   #20
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
It is driving me mad. I pay a lot of money each month to watch Nascar and all I get are recorded highlights of the rugby. Why should I carry on paying out next year? I might as well watch the highlights instead.
Old 7 Oct 2007, 13:23 (Ref:2033944)   #21
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Well, next year there will be no such interruptions of course (provided they have the contract).

It is a pain in the arse though.
Old 7 Oct 2007, 15:52 (Ref:2034059)   #22
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
But for the rest of us it's pre-game on TSN in 10 minutes, and ABC at noon, I think.
Old 7 Oct 2007, 16:00 (Ref:2034065)   #23
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

I do hope it is on TVU, I can't miss 'dega. If I can't see it, I'll have to watch last years!
Old 7 Oct 2007, 16:30 (Ref:2034087)   #24
muggle not
Veteran

United States
North Carolina, U.S.
muggle not should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmuggle not should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If it was not an impound race all the top 11 qualifiers would be at the rear of the field. The driver probably in the most danger is Tony since he is closest to those up front that may cause an early wreck.
Old 7 Oct 2007, 16:36 (Ref:2034090)   #25
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
It is driving me mad. I pay a lot of money each month to watch Nascar and all I get are recorded highlights of the rugby. Why should I carry on paying out next year? I might as well watch the highlights instead.
Its a load of bull it really is - I will watch it but will no doubt fall asleep.

What can we do though are there any other options (other than TVU?)