Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 27 Feb 2014, 17:29 (Ref:3372821)   #3551
TheNo1F1Fan
Veteran

Denmark
TheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyderman View Post
Car # 20 : Timo Bernhard, Brendon Hartley and Mark Webber
Car #14 : Romain Dumas, Neel Jani and Marc Lieb

Tweeted by Porsche Motorsport
Old 27 Feb 2014, 22:19 (Ref:3372939)   #3553
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincegail View Post
Not very fast? In 2001 it held provisional pole for a while and it ended up 4th on the grid, behind the Joest Audis, but for Johansson's Audi and the Bentleys and Chryslers. Too bad the team was too small to unlock the car's full potential and did it suffer from reliability gremlins now and then.
It held the highest Vmax for two consecutive years as well.

2002: http://www.mulsannescorner.com/trap02.html

2003: http://www.mulsannescorner.com/trap03.html

'Not very fast' ... pfuh.
Old 28 Feb 2014, 12:21 (Ref:3373146)   #3554
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
indeed the RFH Dome was Always something special after the evening break during qualifying when Lammers took it out for a couple of very fast laps!
Old 28 Feb 2014, 14:40 (Ref:3373195)   #3555
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I think Simon got off quite lightly, when I first saw his comment I was worried the Netherlands might pull their ambassador out of London

Sadly I don't think we'll be able to get our logo on the new Porsche...
Old 28 Feb 2014, 19:51 (Ref:3373311)   #3556
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
Shame about the modern alcohol laws in France. The potential for a Jagermeister-Red Bull hook-up would have been too good to miss otherwise.
How could u ruin a superior drink like Jagermeister with that Austrian plonk ?

And speaking of plonk the Austrians don't make good plonk either putting de-icer in it !!!
Old 28 Feb 2014, 20:19 (Ref:3373320)   #3557
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
How could u ruin a superior drink like Jagermeister with that Austrian plonk ?

And speaking of plonk the Austrians don't make good plonk either putting de-icer in it !!!
Jager is horrible stuff, but don't knock it til you've tried it http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/J%C3%A4gerbomb
Old 28 Feb 2014, 22:17 (Ref:3373368)   #3558
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Made a few unwise decisions after hitting the Jägerbombs. I doubt I'm the only one.
Old 28 Feb 2014, 22:33 (Ref:3373373)   #3559
NelisB
Veteran

Netherlands
Deventer
NelisB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Made a few unwise decisions after hitting the Jägerbombs. I doubt I'm the only one.
Don't feel bad, who hasn't had a evening like that...
Old 28 Feb 2014, 22:47 (Ref:3373381)   #3560
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by NelisB View Post
Don't feel bad, who hasn't had a evening like that...
Not me!
As far as I remember....
Old 1 Mar 2014, 01:46 (Ref:3373430)   #3561
Salamus
Veteran

Canada
Ontario
Salamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
I can attest to this. Not my proudest moments. Jager straight made things much worse.

I do miss the classic orange liveries of Jager though.
Old 1 Mar 2014, 09:45 (Ref:3373536)   #3562
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:

Yeah you ain't the only one. One New Year's Eve was pretty unpleasant thanks to it. Never again
Old 2 Mar 2014, 07:59 (Ref:3373923)   #3563
tyronnezx
Racer

Sri Lanka
New Zealand
tyronnezx has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Jager had given me the greenlight to sleep with countless regrettable women. not gonna say never again. coz we all know ill be back at it again soon
Old 2 Mar 2014, 15:09 (Ref:3374036)   #3564
ArnageWRC
Racer

UK-ROI
Nord Ouest Ingleterre
ArnageWRC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Shame about the modern alcohol laws in France. The potential for a Jagermeister-Red Bull hook-up would have been too good to miss otherwise.

You could surely have the livery, albeit without the wording? And it's only one race, even if it is Le Mans.
When Ford were Martini sponsored, in Corsica they kept the livery, and replaced the Martini logo with a Ford logo.
Old 2 Mar 2014, 15:46 (Ref:3374042)   #3565
jimclark
Veteran

United States
Champion Porsche/Audi territory
jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!
'Same as "Marlboro" was removed from the F1 cars when necessary.

jimclark
Old 2 Mar 2014, 16:32 (Ref:3374053)   #3566
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Hoping that Porsche make a decent job of the livery now .....
Old 2 Mar 2014, 22:47 (Ref:3374160)   #3567
FGE
Rookie

Germany
Lüneburg
FGE should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would be surprised...
Old 2 Mar 2014, 23:29 (Ref:3374174)   #3568
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArnageWRC View Post
You could surely have the livery, albeit without the wording? And it's only one race, even if it is Le Mans.
When Ford were Martini sponsored, in Corsica they kept the livery, and replaced the Martini logo with a Ford logo.
From what I've read, France has been cracking down heavily even on that sort of thing recently.

It will be interesting to see if the Veltins logo does appear on the car at all. It seems like it's nothing more than a backstage partnership for the corporate guests.

We'll find out very soon.
Old 3 Mar 2014, 01:24 (Ref:3374195)   #3569
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
From what I've read, France has been cracking down heavily even on that sort of thing recently.

It will be interesting to see if the Veltins logo does appear on the car at all. It seems like it's nothing more than a backstage partnership for the corporate guests.

They could use the crest in the logo, or strategically place the actual logo; just sayin'...
Old 3 Mar 2014, 05:07 (Ref:3374224)   #3570
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:

Especially as in the press release it was mentioned that the industrial company (forgot the name) is going to be present on the rear wing, but then nothing about Veltins being on the car was mentioned.
Old 3 Mar 2014, 09:26 (Ref:3374298)   #3571
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The driver line up has been cofirmed as expected, Webber, Hartly & Bernard in 20 with Dumas, Jani & Lieb in 14. Livery will appear at Geneva tomorrow.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/112741
Old 3 Mar 2014, 09:42 (Ref:3374304)   #3572
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
So it's tomorrow. Can't wait.
Old 3 Mar 2014, 10:01 (Ref:3374311)   #3573
TheNo1F1Fan
Veteran

Denmark
TheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Very good news out there. I'll hope the livery will be Red Bull.
Old 3 Mar 2014, 10:21 (Ref:3374319)   #3574
jimclark
Veteran

United States
Champion Porsche/Audi territory
jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNo1F1Fan View Post
Very good news out there. I'll hope the livery will be Red Bull.
Why wait?...hope right now!

jimclark
Old 3 Mar 2014, 11:47 (Ref:3374352)   #3575
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Spyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
http://www.endurance-info.com/en/por...ers-in-geneva/