Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 16 Apr 2014, 14:17 (Ref:3393330)   #4051
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Webber in ACO's mandatory (for rookies ) sim training:

http://sportscar365.com/features/vid...aining-course/

I doubt that simulator itself is too impressive compared to Porsche's own.
Old 16 Apr 2014, 14:47 (Ref:3393340)   #4052
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
Funny that a few years back dutch driver Jaap van Laagen was given a waiver on the mandatory 10 laps at testing for the race, yet a driver liake Webber, who was a world championship contender must do the rookie test in a simulator, times have changed!
Old 16 Apr 2014, 15:01 (Ref:3393349)   #4053
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobster View Post
Funny that a few years back dutch driver Jaap van Laagen was given a waiver on the mandatory 10 laps at testing for the race, yet a driver liake Webber, who was a world championship contender must do the rookie test in a simulator, times have changed!
Webber is a driver like every other driver is.
He hasn't participated on La Sarthe since 1999, and a lot have changed since, so therefor there should be given so special treatment to him.

And honestly, I'm a bit tired of this over-promotion of Webber. He's mentioned before previous Le Mans winners and world champions.
It is a sad attempt to lure F1 fans into the Sportscar world, with the result of disrespecting the elite sportscar drivers, even though they have won "bigger titles" than Webber.
It is getting to the point where I hope that the Sportscar drivers will out perform him so comfortably that no one can question the quality of these drivers, and they get the appraising they deserve.

Sorry for this "hick-up", but I felt it needed to be said.
Old 16 Apr 2014, 15:04 (Ref:3393354)   #4054
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Porsche not messing around with hospitality at Silverstone.

http://instagram.com/p/m2tb1_uHX8/

Very intrigued to see what they do at Le Mans.
Old 16 Apr 2014, 15:07 (Ref:3393356)   #4055
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Spyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Nice!
Old 16 Apr 2014, 15:25 (Ref:3393364)   #4056
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Well in two days time we will see what it is like if they let us in
Old 16 Apr 2014, 15:32 (Ref:3393371)   #4057
Bandicoot17
Veteran

United Kingdom
Birmingham
Bandicoot17 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I doubt us peasants will be allowed in!!!!
Old 16 Apr 2014, 15:35 (Ref:3393372)   #4058
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandicoot17 View Post
I doubt us peasants will be allowed in!!!!
If they think you might buy a porsche then you might get in and as a lot of porsche buyers are of a certain age and look we should all get in easily
Old 16 Apr 2014, 15:36 (Ref:3393373)   #4059
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
Good luck in getting in guys, or else pretend to be press.
That took me right in front of mr. Villeneuve at Le Mans in a Peugeot press conference.
By the time the pr lady found out I had all my photos signed by a smiling Villeneuve who understood what had happened.
Old 16 Apr 2014, 15:36 (Ref:3393374)   #4060
Bandicoot17
Veteran

United Kingdom
Birmingham
Bandicoot17 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
If they think you might buy a porsche then you might get in and as a lot of porsche buyers are of a certain age and look we should all get in easily
I'll have to make my dad into a potential Porsche owner then!
Doubt many 18 year olds from Birmingham own a Porsche
Old 16 Apr 2014, 15:46 (Ref:3393378)   #4061
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
I know for a fact that Simon has his eye on this one.......

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HUGE-46-19...item35d47d4165
Old 16 Apr 2014, 15:47 (Ref:3393379)   #4062
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
And honestly, I'm a bit tired of this over-promotion of Webber. He's mentioned before previous Le Mans winners and world champions.
It is a sad attempt to lure F1 fans into the Sportscar world, with the result of disrespecting the elite sportscar drivers, even though they have won "bigger titles" than Webber.
It is getting to the point where I hope that the Sportscar drivers will out perform him so comfortably that no one can question the quality of these drivers, and they get the appraising they deserve.

Sorry for this "hick-up", but I felt it needed to be said.
That's naive thinking at best. In the (admittedly unlikely) event that Webber is soundly beaten by fellow factory drivers, this will be the majority response:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typical F1 fan
See I told you so, he was crushed by Vettel last season and every other season apart from 2010. Look at how well Ricciardo is doing in Red Bull now, that just shows what we knew all along, that Webber is well past it. All those other drivers who are going faster than him still wouldn't deserve a test drive for a midfield team because beating Webber is no real challenge.
I'm sure you can see how many things wrong there are with that statement, but this is an example of the short-termism that dominates the the upper echelons of every major sport, F1 included.
Old 16 Apr 2014, 15:51 (Ref:3393381)   #4063
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I know for a fact that Simon has his eye on this one.......

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HUGE-46-19...item35d47d4165
Very funny Andrew, you know full well i am a Jag man now if it was an e type pedal car
Old 16 Apr 2014, 15:51 (Ref:3393382)   #4064
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Jay View Post
That's naive thinking at best. In the (admittedly unlikely) event that Webber is soundly beaten by fellow factory drivers, this will be the majority response:
I disagree with the first assumption. On what can you possibly base the contention that it's unlikely Webber will be beaten by other factory drivers?
Old 16 Apr 2014, 15:54 (Ref:3393383)   #4065
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Very funny Andrew, you know full well i am a Jag man now if it was an e type pedal car
Your wish is my command........

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Tri-ang-Ja...item2a399995f6

Or this is even better

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/JAGUAR-XK1...item2c7ff0b1b3
Old 16 Apr 2014, 16:01 (Ref:3393388)   #4066
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Old 16 Apr 2014, 16:43 (Ref:3393401)   #4067
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
I like the XK but boy oh boy that is a whole load of money, remember looking to buy an e type in the late seventies, and for not much more than that you could get a runner, but for my budget at the time i could not find one i liked, ended up pay £800 for a Jensen Healey, a wonderful car and not a bad car for a 19 year old bloke to impress the ladies.
Old 16 Apr 2014, 16:44 (Ref:3393402)   #4068
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis View Post
Very good Deggis did you do that yourself or pinch it fromsomewhere
Old 16 Apr 2014, 17:02 (Ref:3393407)   #4069
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Quote:
I disagree with the first assumption. On what can you possibly base the contention that it's unlikely Webber will be beaten by other factory drivers?
No, I am assuming that it is unlikely that Webber will be "comfortably outperformed" by other factory drivers, especially to such an extent that CTD described originally, hence my use of the words "soundly beaten". I am not assuming that he won't be outperformed at all.
Old 16 Apr 2014, 17:06 (Ref:3393409)   #4070
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Fair enough.
Old 17 Apr 2014, 02:03 (Ref:3393639)   #4071
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobster View Post
Good luck in getting in guys, or else pretend to be press.
That took me right in front of mr. Villeneuve at Le Mans in a Peugeot press conference.
By the time the pr lady found out I had all my photos signed by a smiling Villeneuve who understood what had happened.

Nicely done there haha
Old 17 Apr 2014, 07:25 (Ref:3393720)   #4072
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
confidence and cheek can get you to many places you should not have been allowed into
Old 17 Apr 2014, 09:40 (Ref:3393758)   #4073
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
Exactly, just try over and over again. Every year thusfar we managed to sneak into the garages behind the pits. How? Have a good look at the gates on the T34 if you have a seat there, once in while a gate is left without a guard, then you can sneak in.
Sometimes it takes a long wait sometimes not. We find it worth a try!
Old 17 Apr 2014, 10:40 (Ref:3393774)   #4074
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Yep, I managed it one year when the gate to Hugh Chamberlain's pit was left undone......
Old 17 Apr 2014, 11:18 (Ref:3393787)   #4075
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Spyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
This is all so riveting....and I love the way it dovetails nicely with the Porsche LMP1.