Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 17 Aug 2015, 17:49 (Ref:3566504)   #1
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
Mechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Pirelli World Challenge Rounds 16 and 17: Miller Motorsports Park

It's another raceweek for Pirelli World Challenge's GT and GTS classes, as well as the always entertaining TC classes!

This weekend's Supercar Grand Prix will likely be the last Professional event held at Miller, as the track is set to close at the end of the season.

Last season's GT races at Miller were two of the year's most exciting, with Guy Smith's Dyson Racing Bentley coming back through the field to win race one, and Robert Thorne in the K-Pax McLaren holding off Ryan Dalziel's EFFORT Porsche to take race two.
Will be very interesting to see who has the speed to win this year.

An Entry List note: Nick Catsburg returns to Reiter's FL2 Lamborghini for this round, while the newer Gallardo REX shows Henry Hassid behind the wheel.

Schedule

Entry List

Spotters Guide

Live Streaming (www.world-challengetv.com)

Live Streaming (TorqueTV)

Live Timing and Scoring

Track Map

Weather (RacecastWeather Site)

Weather (National Weather Service)

Series Twitter
Old 17 Aug 2015, 19:07 (Ref:3566510)   #2
nasportscar
Veteran

United States
Wisconsin
nasportscar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnasportscar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Pick 'Em http://nasportscar.com/2014-pwc-pick-em/
Old 17 Aug 2015, 21:37 (Ref:3566543)   #3
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
Mechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It seems that some dude named Guy Smith will be driving the #20 Dyson Bentley for the final three stops on the series calendar!
Butch Leitzinger is now Dyson's reserve driver.

http://www.racer.com/pwc/item/120374...al-three-races
Huge fan of both, so I'm disappointed for Butch, but great to see Guy will be back in the Bentley on this side of the pond!
Old 18 Aug 2015, 01:51 (Ref:3566574)   #4
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I actually thought Miller closed already. Good to see one last event there.
Old 18 Aug 2015, 15:53 (Ref:3566705)   #5
cbbrit
Veteran

Jersey
Sonoma, California
cbbrit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcbbrit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
James Sofronas is still listed in the GMG Audi R8 LMS ultra, despite also being listed in the Lamborghini Super Trofeo races at VIR! I assume he will be missing MMP, as I don't believe that he will be flying between the two events, especially as there are races on both Saturday and Sunday at MMP, and three races at VIR on both Saturday and Sunday!
Old 18 Aug 2015, 17:43 (Ref:3566734)   #6
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbbrit View Post
James Sofronas is still listed in the GMG Audi R8 LMS ultra, despite also being listed in the Lamborghini Super Trofeo races at VIR! I assume he will be missing MMP, as I don't believe that he will be flying between the two events, especially as there are races on both Saturday and Sunday at MMP, and three races at VIR on both Saturday and Sunday!
Probably right, he missed Mosport, too.
Unless GMG has suceeded in cloning him...

Old 18 Aug 2015, 21:26 (Ref:3566795)   #7
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Any bop changes or is Porsche still favored?
Old 19 Aug 2015, 00:17 (Ref:3566836)   #8
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
I actually thought Miller closed already. Good to see one last event there.
A link to one of these two articles came across my Twitter feed today. Future could be very bleak for Miller.
http://kutv.com/news/local/sources-c...torsports-park

http://kutv.com/news/local/announcem...torsports-park
Old 19 Aug 2015, 00:24 (Ref:3566839)   #9
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
Any bop changes or is Porsche still favored?
http://www.world-challenge.com/image...x-A-Ver-93.pdf

Boost limit has been decreased on the Nissan, increased on the Cadillac and Acura, as well as the Kia in GTS. 911 GT3-R remains the same, which, as an EFFORT Porsche fan, is okay with me! . Miller's altitude should benefit the turbos, though.
Old 19 Aug 2015, 07:35 (Ref:3566889)   #10
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I started this year watching this series as I wanted to branch out and take in more races. But the first few races were a boring crashfest run mostly under safety car, so I stopped putting in the effort to tune in. Has this series improved over the year, and is it likely that this race will actually be worth watching? I wanted to like this series, but struggle before.
Old 19 Aug 2015, 09:01 (Ref:3566899)   #11
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
It's definitely been better over the last couple of rounds (I can't remember losing that much time to cautions since Road America at least), but standing start-induced FCYs are just something you have to expect. I'd say stick with it for the rest of the season and if you can't get into it then at least you've given it a fair go.
Old 19 Aug 2015, 09:56 (Ref:3566906)   #12
Ephaeton
Veteran

Austria
Between Österreichring and Nordschleife
Ephaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It's a second monitor series ATM IMO - PWC doesn't seem capable of catching 100% of my attention this year (cautions not being the only, but an important reason).
You'll be fine as long as you have something good to read on the other monitor (or go to the couch with a book while it runs on TV, ... you get the picture).
This way PWC won't bore you but you still won't miss out on the few minutes of awesome racing hidden somewhere in there!
I definitely let it run as background noise when possible.
Old 19 Aug 2015, 15:26 (Ref:3566952)   #13
cbbrit
Veteran

Jersey
Sonoma, California
cbbrit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcbbrit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Christina Nielsen is also entered at MMP and VIR in the TRG Aston Martin Vantage. As she is leading the GTD class points, I assume that she will be at VIR. Anyone know if TRG will run at MMP, and if so, who will drive?
Old 19 Aug 2015, 17:31 (Ref:3566971)   #14
cbbrit
Veteran

Jersey
Sonoma, California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechanic Z View Post
A link to one of these two articles came across my Twitter feed today. Future could be very bleak for Miller.
http://kutv.com/news/local/sources-c...torsports-park

http://kutv.com/news/local/announcem...torsports-park
Here's the confirmation of the future for MMP!

http://sportscar365.com/industry/mit...orsports-park/

http://www.racer.com/north-american-...torsports-park

Last edited by cbbrit; 19 Aug 2015 at 17:44. Reason: Added a second confirmation of the sale!
Old 20 Aug 2015, 02:47 (Ref:3567097)   #15
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
I started this year watching this series as I wanted to branch out and take in more races. But the first few races were a boring crashfest run mostly under safety car, so I stopped putting in the effort to tune in. Has this series improved over the year, and is it likely that this race will actually be worth watching? I wanted to like this series, but struggle before.
To echo what J Jay said, it's definitely gotten a lot better since earlier in the season. There's been a few cautions, but not as lengthy or nearly as many per race. Plus for the last three weekends (Miller, Sonoma and Laguna) they're splitting races between rolling/standing starts.
Battles among the GT cars (and the GTS races too) have been great, massive amount of fun to watch.
Old 20 Aug 2015, 02:51 (Ref:3567098)   #16
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbbrit View Post
Good to hear that the other article was in error and the new owners plan to keep it open. Sounds like they have very ambitious plans for the facility.
Old 20 Aug 2015, 07:52 (Ref:3567147)   #17
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Sounds like the series has improved. I'll tune in if I can this weekend, but with BTCC at Knockhill, that'll take priority.

I don't mind cautions, but I think it was St Petersberg where they ran around 40 minutes of a 50 minute race under yellow. Whilst the standing starts didn't help, the general driving standards were pathetic, and the local marshals were extremely slow at clearing the accidents.
Old 21 Aug 2015, 00:50 (Ref:3567390)   #18
TRspitfirefan
Veteran

United States
TRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
An Entry List note: Nick Catsburg returns to Reiter's FL2 Lamborghini for this round, while the newer Gallardo REX shows Henry Hassid behind the wheel.

Schedule

Entry List

Spotters Guide

Live Streaming (www.world-challengetv.com)

Live Streaming (TorqueTV)

Live Timing and Scoring

Track Map

Weather (RacecastWeather Site)

Weather (National Weather Service)

Series Twitter
Another couple of cool entry list notes.
It looks like the Skull candy Nissan team has entered a 370Z in the GTS class, driven by Vesko Kozarov. Additionally, the Kozarov entry in the TC class has shifted from an Altima to a Z car for this round.
Also a second GTS entry from LG Motorsport is listed, driven by Bryan Leonard.

Should be some fun races!
Old 22 Aug 2015, 00:41 (Ref:3567601)   #19
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
Quote:
The World Challenge site links to different Timing and Scoring. I think the T&S linked to above is still active, but I don't know for sure. If it doesn't work, try this one:
http://worldchallenge.growsites.net/
Old 22 Aug 2015, 01:05 (Ref:3567607)   #20
TRspitfirefan
Veteran

United States
TRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRspitfirefan View Post
Another couple of cool entry list notes.
It looks like the Skull candy Nissan team has entered a 370Z in the GTS class, driven by Vesko Kozarov. Additionally, the Kozarov entry in the TC class has shifted from an Altima to a Z car for this round.
Also a second GTS entry from LG Motorsport is listed, driven by Bryan Leonard.

Should be some fun races!
Reading the results from TC Race #1, it appears Kozarov is still driving the Altima. Lara Tallman is in the 370Z.
http://www.world-challenge.com/news/...a-and-tcb.html
Quote:
TOOELE, Utah -- Salt Lake City's Vesko Kozarov scored the TC win at Miller Motorsports Park for the Ford Grand Prix presented by VP Racing Fuels. Jason Wolfe, of Mount Vernon, Ohio, won in TCA and Glenn Nixon, of Mission, B.C. won in TCB.
Old 22 Aug 2015, 14:55 (Ref:3567686)   #21
MitchZ06
Veteran

New Zealand
Australia
MitchZ06 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://www.endurance-info.com/en/wit...d-motorsports/

Seriously?.....
Old 22 Aug 2015, 15:06 (Ref:3567691)   #22
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
That is how you protest bop!
Old 22 Aug 2015, 15:57 (Ref:3567701)   #23
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
While you cant disagree that the Mclarens have been dealt a harsh blow with BOP what were they expecting?
Old 22 Aug 2015, 16:17 (Ref:3567703)   #24
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
Don't think it's a protest. Press release says they were unable to achieve the maximum boost they were allowed because it was too low.

With that said, the BOP has been lousy on the McLaren for several races.

Whatever the case, a massive bummer.
Old 22 Aug 2015, 16:20 (Ref:3567704)   #25
MoMedic9019
Veteran

United States
Wauwatosa, WI
MoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
That is how you protest bop!
I think their exit from the series is coming. The Lizards will be re-upping with Audi, they have the capability to run the 650S GT3's under the KPAX banner alongside with complete pay drivers in IMSA..... should they choose to.

Lots of concerning quotes in the article, and with McLaren wanting to head to IMSA, it makes complete sense to see them come over from PWC.
“We’re trying to close the doors without embarrassing ourselves, the France family and embarrassing (the) Grand American Series,” he said in the deposition. “There is no money. There is no purse. There’s nothing.”