Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 17 Apr 2014, 05:19 (Ref:3393681)   #126
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Dessert

Quote:
Originally Posted by davester View Post
Mods, maybe this Erebus conversation could be split off into its own thread.
Very good idea
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 17 Apr 2014, 05:31 (Ref:3393687)   #127
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWRv12 View Post
Says alot about the Erebus lack of marketing brainstrust, that their winning car didn't even have Erebus written over the blank space.
See that's the part I dont get...

Mr Perkins had his business name on the side.. a prospective sponsor could see the opportunity to replace that branding with their own...

Amaroo
Old 17 Apr 2014, 06:05 (Ref:3393692)   #128
GROUPA
Racer

GROUPA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
With the lead time Erebus has had from Maddison leaving MBA to joining Erebus he has had plenty of opportunity to generate sponsorships and foster the ones that they had on board.

Being a MB driver I was behind them and thought it was great to see MB in the V8SC….I’ve been very disappointed. Maro Engel was an absolute failure the drive should have gone to Mostert when they had the opportunity to do so but no doubt Betty being Betty probably put Maro on due to his HWA/AMG contacts and Phillip Island GT efforts in 2012.

The cars color schemes might satisfy the owner but on a marketing level the color combo looks poor.

One good thing about Erebus they do have the best transporter
Old 20 Apr 2014, 08:07 (Ref:3395394)   #129
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Naked... again!

Old 20 Apr 2014, 10:02 (Ref:3395459)   #130
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Interesting that some of the branding can't be extended across both cars.
Old 21 Apr 2014, 00:22 (Ref:3396025)   #131
TWRv12
Veteran

TWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Naked... again!
McLaren are in a similar boat but have different approach
Old 21 Apr 2014, 05:48 (Ref:3396052)   #132
Razor
10-10ths official Trekkie
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Naked... again!

Kinda surprised that Betty hasn't slapped on Westfield logos on her cars.
Old 21 Apr 2014, 08:11 (Ref:3396093)   #133
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
[iV8SC14R10111213] ITM Auckland 500, Pukekohe -24-27 April

What about putting Betty's face on the side?
Old 23 Apr 2014, 08:53 (Ref:3397105)   #134
fomoco
Veteran

Australia
Bris Vages southside
fomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridfomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post
Kinda surprised that Betty hasn't slapped on Westfield logos on her cars.

Betty has siad, this is her playtime and play money, not Westfield, Frank is more interested in Soccer/football. Probabaly see westfield on there when they get a decent motosport shop selling goodies into the shopping centres, although the rents might be a bit to high and the cost of motosport goodies is well and truly flogged by the internet.
Old 23 Apr 2014, 09:37 (Ref:3397115)   #135
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Mrs Saunders-Klimenko has nothing to do with Westfield. The family business is Terrace Tower Group. Mr Lowy & co are not a part of that group.

Website Here

Its a pity that the ill-informed newspaper bods keep referring to Mrs Saunders-Klimenko as a 'Westfield heiress' when it appears that it is plainly untrue.

Now, if someone suggests that the black and gold would look good upside an Erebus AMG or two, you might not find too many arguments...
Old 23 Apr 2014, 10:14 (Ref:3397120)   #136
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Interesting that the logo on the roof...

... Looks similar to the above... Kinda
Old 23 Apr 2014, 10:17 (Ref:3397121)   #137
321Go
Veteran

321Go should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lee Holdsworth is sponsored by Monster Energy is he not? This photo and this photo were taken at the start of the 2014 season. And Lee's website has Monster Energy listed as a personal sponsor.

Wonder if the Tapout deal has effected his Monster deal in anyway??
Old 23 Apr 2014, 11:09 (Ref:3397140)   #138
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Both drivers carry what is considered substantial personal backing.

Yet none of it has found it's way onto the cars.
Old 23 Apr 2014, 12:25 (Ref:3397183)   #139
Casper
Veteran

Casper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCasper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Its a pity that the ill-informed newspaper bods keep referring to Mrs Saunders-Klimenko as a 'Westfield heiress' when it appears that it is plainly untrue.
And most posters here also.....
Old 23 Apr 2014, 23:10 (Ref:3397497)   #140
TWRv12
Veteran

TWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Mrs Saunders-Klimenko has nothing to do with Westfield. The family business is Terrace Tower Group. Mr Lowy & co are not a part of that group.

Website Here

Saunders left Westfiled in 1990
http://50years.westfield.com/

But there seem to be some business links between the two, as Westfield manages a shopping centre for Terrace Tower
http://www.terracetower.com.au/displ...?entityid=7384
Old 23 Apr 2014, 23:39 (Ref:3397502)   #141
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:

Thats unusual for that journalist isnt it.
Old 24 Apr 2014, 05:40 (Ref:3397565)   #142
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper View Post
And most posters here also.....
Perhaps, but when the mainstream media keep getting it wrong, its no wonder their customers might too
Old 24 Apr 2014, 05:55 (Ref:3397569)   #143
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.R.T. View Post
Thats unusual for that journalist isnt it.

Not like he was Robinson Crusoe in fairness to him.
Old 24 Apr 2014, 07:14 (Ref:3397584)   #144
eduardo1
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
eduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grideduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grideduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Perhaps, but when the mainstream media keep getting it wrong, its no wonder their customers might too
But the bulk of the family money came from the Westfield deal and the dad was best known for his involvement in that business.

I also believe that the trust from which Betty's money comes still has investment within Westfield Group.
Old 24 Apr 2014, 08:11 (Ref:3397601)   #145
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by eduardo1 View Post
But the bulk of the family money came from the Westfield deal and the dad was best known for his involvement in that business.

I also believe that the trust from which Betty's money comes still has investment within Westfield Group.
Absolutely... however to suggest that Mrs Saunders-Klimenko has any capability to brand the Erebus cars with the 'Westfield' brand device as a member of the management team of the Westfield group of businesses is clearly not accurate.

By the same token, the ownership of shares/securities in the Westfield businesses, if indeed correct, makes Mrs Saunders-Klimenko no more a 'Westfield heiress' than if that family trust owned BHP Billiton shares to make her (by Mr Phelps' branding) a 'BHP heiress'

It is a writing that seems to suit the story as opposed to being based in absolute fact... and it doesnt make sense why they would continue to perpetrate the same mistakes over and over again?
Old 28 Apr 2014, 23:01 (Ref:3399416)   #146
eduardo1
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
eduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grideduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grideduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Absolutely... however to suggest that Mrs Saunders-Klimenko has any capability to brand the Erebus cars with the 'Westfield' brand device as a member of the management team of the Westfield group of businesses is clearly not accurate.

By the same token, the ownership of shares/securities in the Westfield businesses, if indeed correct, makes Mrs Saunders-Klimenko no more a 'Westfield heiress' than if that family trust owned BHP Billiton shares to make her (by Mr Phelps' branding) a 'BHP heiress'

It is a writing that seems to suit the story as opposed to being based in absolute fact... and it doesnt make sense why they would continue to perpetrate the same mistakes over and over again?
I think you're mixing and matching the issues.

1) The money was made from Westfield, of which her dad was a co-founder. Regardless of the current situation, that makes calling her a Westfield heiress acceptable. All the rest is just semantics.

2) As you've said, the notion that Betty has any ability to leverage Westfield commercially is fanciful. I haven't seen any stories that have said this, but if you have then it is poor journalism.
Old 29 Apr 2014, 03:11 (Ref:3399471)   #147
GROUPA
Racer

Perhaps the sacking of Hackett prior to the Adelaide round last year has some bearing on MBHQ stance.

Hackett is still running the drive days here and overseas and the sacking of him was very poor indeed by the parties involved.

Not sure how Kilmenko - Maddisson hooked up but a fair chance it was via Hackett given Maddisson was head of dealer liason
Old 29 Apr 2014, 06:28 (Ref:3399507)   #148
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by GROUPA View Post
Perhaps the sacking of Hackett prior to the Adelaide round last year has some bearing on MBHQ stance.

Hackett is still running the drive days here and overseas and the sacking of him was very poor indeed by the parties involved.

Not sure how Kilmenko - Maddisson hooked up but a fair chance it was via Hackett given Maddisson was head of dealer liason
More than a fair chance... Its how the introduction took place.

While Erebus is challenged to find corporate support, Mr Hackett & his AMG drive days are said to be on track somewhere in the world for near 200 days a year, demonstrating the MB product & aiding in driver training

I wonder who has a better, sustainable world going on...
Old 29 Apr 2014, 07:31 (Ref:3399527)   #149
Casper
Veteran

Casper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCasper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Peter will be with Mercedes long after the Erebus "partnership", (it can't really be called that but I can't think of another term) is done and dusted.
Old 30 Apr 2014, 00:22 (Ref:3399868)   #150
GROUPA
Racer

If Erebus cant use the 3 point star branding I cant see the point of continuing using the E Class under the current Erebus Formula....they should try another manufacturer (obviously not Ford or Holden)

Frankly seeing the black cars with minimal sponsorship is even more embarassing then any previous incarnation of lack of sponsorship eg Paul Romano or Skaife post Winfield days.

Really feel for Hackett while not the most gifted driver in the filed he is far from the worst he suffered alot of bad luck and over the years eg Lambo but also had a few of his own doing eg extra lap at Sandown and had to start rear or field and 2012 final GT round come to mind.