Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 26 Sep 2019, 15:01 (Ref:3930231)   #4951
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Thanks Andy. While I have been getting drenched here st Spa I am very pleased to tell you that Delta truck passed its MOT.
Old 26 Sep 2019, 15:39 (Ref:3930238)   #4952
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by grantp View Post
The bloke on the bike must have been going some to beat the bike and the car.

Given the event seems to be taking place in the middle of a conurbation can one assume that all three vehicles are forms of EVs?

None of that EV malarkey up here Grant.
Old 26 Sep 2019, 16:05 (Ref:3930240)   #4953
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gary396 View Post
None of that EV malarkey up here Grant.

OMG!

Think of the CO2 output!

Then add the CO2 from the m-bike and the car ....

Old 26 Sep 2019, 16:15 (Ref:3930242)   #4954
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by grantp View Post
The bloke on the bike must have been going some to beat the bike and the car.

Given the event seems to be taking place in the middle of a conurbation can one assume that all three vehicles are forms of EVs?

Don't know about the middle of a conurbation - it seemed to take over half of Yorkshire - on Tueday I was trailering a car from Lancashire up to County Durham and ended up with a very circuitous route as big chunks of the road were closed off, particularly near Harrogate and Ripon.....and loads of other sections of road with notices advertising future road closures......even passed a Swedish bike team on (presumably) a practice run near Pateley Bridge on the way back......
Old 26 Sep 2019, 18:52 (Ref:3930261)   #4955
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancsbreaker View Post
Don't know about the middle of a conurbation - it seemed to take over half of Yorkshire - on Tueday I was trailering a car from Lancashire up to County Durham and ended up with a very circuitous route as big chunks of the road were closed off, particularly near Harrogate and Ripon.....and loads of other sections of road with notices advertising future road closures......even passed a Swedish bike team on (presumably) a practice run near Pateley Bridge on the way back......
It's the world road race championships - https://worlds.yorkshire.com

The photo was taken in Northallerton where I live - it was the start venue for yesterday's time trial. Nine days of competition around various parts of Yorkshire - it's based in Harrogate where all the events finish, hence the disruption near there.

The last day is on Sunday with the Elite Men's race - partly in the Yorkshire Dales. Looking forward to it - I'll be there on event cover. The only problem is my location will be on Grinton Moor, one of the areas of flash floods in August where the bridge was washed away. A temporary bridge has been constructed in time but the forecast for Saturday night / Sunday is for continuous heavy rain. Could be busy (and wet)!
Old 26 Sep 2019, 20:08 (Ref:3930268)   #4956
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Face book shows a couple of cyclist coming a cropper through the floods.
Old 27 Sep 2019, 05:42 (Ref:3930316)   #4957
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Can I have a Delta understandable update on latest Brexit please . Little concerned as I shall be in Portimao late October and coming back into UK around 5 th November . Will I be Let back in. 🙄
Old 27 Sep 2019, 05:48 (Ref:3930318)   #4958
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
There are far worse areas you could have to stay in!
Old 27 Sep 2019, 05:56 (Ref:3930321)   #4959
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
We only have until Sunday to explain. Not long enough sadly.

But being stranded in Portugal won't be too bad.
Old 27 Sep 2019, 06:29 (Ref:3930323)   #4960
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
I’m hoping! Just need to know before leaving the Algarve- don’t want to get to N France before finding out.....
Old 27 Sep 2019, 07:56 (Ref:3930332)   #4961
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Apparently Sangat has a certain ambiance
Old 27 Sep 2019, 08:38 (Ref:3930334)   #4962
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Is it this one Peter?
Click image for larger version

Name:	citroen ambulance.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	97.2 KB
ID:	53977
Old 27 Sep 2019, 09:14 (Ref:3930343)   #4963
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
My little sojourn in sunny Spain comes to an end this weekend and I head off to Melbourne on Sunday afternoon, with a couple of in transit hours in Dubai, then get to Melbourne Tuesday morning. Then back to reality and the tail end of winter.
Old 27 Sep 2019, 09:21 (Ref:3930345)   #4964
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
My little sojourn in sunny Spain comes to an end this weekend and I head off to Melbourne on Sunday afternoon, with a couple of in transit hours in Dubai, then get to Melbourne Tuesday morning. Then back to reality and the tail end of winter.
Have a good trip back!

And talking of Australia - one to watch out for:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jmu0RyxX3oU
Old 27 Sep 2019, 10:17 (Ref:3930352)   #4965
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Can I have a Delta understandable update on latest Brexit please . Little concerned as I shall be in Portimao late October and coming back into UK around 5 th November . Will I be Let back in.
Despite all the shouting and insults, bugger all has happened and no-one knows what will happen next.

Sorry I can't be clearer, but I've listened to podcasts, interviews, sage commentators and they all take lots of words to say what I've just said.

M

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Old 27 Sep 2019, 11:42 (Ref:3930367)   #4966
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
Despite all the shouting and insults, bugger all has happened and no-one knows what will happen next.

Sorry I can't be clearer, but I've listened to podcasts, interviews, sage commentators and they all take lots of words to say what I've just said.

M

There is a concern held by those who have been fighting to allow Parliament to scrutinise the government that Johnson may try to invoke something similar to emergency powers to circumvent the law requiring him to request an extension to the Brexit date.

This would allow him, without the need to go to Parliament, to pass a law that overrides the Benn extension act that was passed into law before the prorogation that never was.

Expect more court action in the next couple of weeks or so.
Old 27 Sep 2019, 12:25 (Ref:3930376)   #4967
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:

I'd been looking at going to the Singapore GP this year on a cruise/GP tickets package, but for various reasons we couldn't go....now toying with doing a similar trip but doing a cruise from Sydney round NZ before returning to Oz in time for the GP....I'm guessing as that'll be end of summer it should be quite pleasant? Only times I've been to Melbourne have been August/September when it was fairly cool.....
Old 27 Sep 2019, 13:53 (Ref:3930392)   #4968
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
I'd been looking at going to the Singapore GP this year on a cruise/GP tickets package, but for various reasons we couldn't go....now toying with doing a similar trip but doing a cruise from Sydney round NZ before returning to Oz in time for the GP....I'm guessing as that'll be end of summer it should be quite pleasant? Only times I've been to Melbourne have been August/September when it was fairly cool.....
Bear in mind that Sydney / NZ are at that time of year coming out of winter... not that it is a UK (especially Lancashire) type of winter. If your cruise goes round the bottom of the (NZ) South Island that will be a bit nippy I would think.

Of course my idea of nippy might be different to yours. My Mum says im solar powered as I dont operate well in anything less than 20 something C, and peak efficiency for me starts with a 30c. Old age and all that.
Old 27 Sep 2019, 14:14 (Ref:3930398)   #4969
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Quote:
Bear in mind that Sydney / NZ are at that time of year coming out of winter... not that it is a UK (especially Lancashire) type of winter. If your cruise goes round the bottom of the (NZ) South Island that will be a bit nippy I would think.

Of course my idea of nippy might be different to yours. My Mum says im solar powered as I dont operate well in anything less than 20 something C, and peak efficiency for me starts with a 30c. Old age and all that.

This would be leaving UK at end Feb, to cruise from Sydney around NZ for 10 days or so, returning to Sydney in time to transfer to Melbourne for the three days of the GP......

20C is fine for us, 30C a bit on the hot side When I heard that Singapore had been in the 30s with 80% humidity I was quite glad we'd missed it
Old 27 Sep 2019, 14:46 (Ref:3930412)   #4970
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
This would be leaving UK at end Feb, to cruise from Sydney around NZ for 10 days or so, returning to Sydney in time to transfer to Melbourne for the three days of the GP......

20C is fine for us, 30C a bit on the hot side When I heard that Singapore had been in the 30s with 80% humidity I was quite glad we'd missed it
My mistake I got confused and thought you were still talking of tying in with Singapore, not Melbourne GP. Feb/March in Melbourne will be typical Melbourne then, maybe 35+C, maybe 18C, most likely mid 20's, maybe peeing down with rain etc. They say Melbourne will often manage 4 seasons in one day. It does not suffer much from high humidity so thats a bonus. I like it hot but not humid like Singapore.
Old 27 Sep 2019, 19:07 (Ref:3930466)   #4971
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The weather here in Luton, has been rather changeable today. Sunshine and showers, reasonably warm during the day but a sharp drop in temperature later on in the evening.

Just thought you might like to know.
Old 28 Sep 2019, 06:39 (Ref:3930527)   #4972
eamonn ledwidge
Racer

Ireland
Fyfield, Essex, UK
eamonn ledwidge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
The weather here in Luton, has been rather changeable today. Sunshine and showers, reasonably warm during the day but a sharp drop in temperature later on in the evening.

Just thought you might like to know.
You missed an important bit, no sea temperature or visibility, so I guess it's:

Fog in Channel, Continent cut off.
Old 28 Sep 2019, 06:41 (Ref:3930529)   #4973
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
It's Luton. The UK is cut off!
Old 28 Sep 2019, 08:41 (Ref:3930543)   #4974
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It must be borne in mind that there actually is a border between Luton and the nearby town of Harpenden. As such, like in a number of places around the world, even aircraft taking off from Luton Airport are restricted from entering Harpenden's airspace!
Old 28 Sep 2019, 11:26 (Ref:3930550)   #4975
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
The migrant camp at Sangatte was demolished years ago & it's actually a very pleasant seaside village. In fact, my other half wanted to live there before we found our current home. That was 15 years ago, so maybe things have changed...
Closed Thread