Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > My Track Designs

Old 18 Feb 2008, 15:27 (Ref:2131881)   #1
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Helsinki street circuit

Yes, I know the last circuit I posted was also in Greater Helsinki and probably within 100km, but Finland STILL needs a Grand Prix

Kinda inspired by the talk of a GP in Russia (please not), here is my street circuit in Helsinki. It's in the east of the city and would be near the harbour, I guess it would be like a colder Monaco.

This sounds demented, but I would have this some time between March and May, when precipitation is at its lowest. I would really like it to be cold during the race. Should snow start to fall, you'd have to red flag it and give run around the track with a snowplough

I don't think anyone has ran tests with sleet, but that could be a problem.

At 5.16km it would be 60 laps if ran at full distance, or 51 at Monaco distance (both the new street circuits are ran at the full 305).

I think the pit lane position might be difficult, but IIRC Macau is a little like this.

Apologies for naming some of the corners after bands from Finland, I really had no idea what to call some of them. And I haven't thought of a name for T3, either.
Attached Thumbnails
Helsinki.PNG  
Old 18 Feb 2008, 16:09 (Ref:2131905)   #2
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Mis judge your braking for T1 and it'll be boat racing

How wide are the bridges at T3 and T7 they look a little narrow (I'm can't get to Google Earth from this PC).

Overall a nice attempt.
Old 18 Feb 2008, 16:56 (Ref:2131931)   #3
werner
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam, the Netherlands
werner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridwerner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would leave the part from 3 to 7, It does't add much, and you'd solve the problem SBF saw. The last 3 corners look ace!
Old 18 Feb 2008, 17:33 (Ref:2131961)   #4
shambles
Veteran

England
Soton, UK
shambles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridshambles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rather that, I'd go straight on after four, double apex right hander and come out onto what is there turn 6.
Old 18 Feb 2008, 18:33 (Ref:2132007)   #5
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Eastern section bridges - One bridge is about 11.5m wide and the other is about 8.5m wide. For new permenant circuits the track must be 12m wide. However at Monaco there are parts that are less than 8m wide. Failing that, a new bridge could be constructed as it looks like there is space for it. It would also mean a faster kink.

I had to put the Eastern section in for length, the FIA don't allow anything shorter than 3.5km for F1. If you didn't have that loop, it would be only 100 metres over that (by my dodgy redraw).
Old 18 Feb 2008, 22:06 (Ref:2132137)   #6
bio
Veteran

Hungary
Budapest, Hungary, Europe
bio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
From T12 to T3 it seems a great track but the rest is a bit too boxy for my taste.

bio
Old 21 Feb 2008, 07:57 (Ref:2133891)   #7
Lustigson
Veteran

Netherlands
Huizen
Lustigson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looks very nice. I especially like the Lordi curve.
Old 24 Feb 2008, 15:42 (Ref:2136662)   #8
Iceman13
Racer

Finland
Vantaa, Finland
Iceman13 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It is a nice track, but the sections between turns 1-3 and around turn 7 are made from cobblestone. That would be nice with F1.
Old 26 Feb 2008, 17:51 (Ref:2138588)   #9
Mr Pink
Veteran

Sweden
Sweden
Mr Pink should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There was a CCWS circuit with railroad tracks in it right?
Old 26 Feb 2008, 21:44 (Ref:2138723)   #10
S.Moss
Racer

England
Wakefield, West Yorkshire
S.Moss should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Pink
There was a CCWS circuit with railroad tracks in it right?
San Jose i think