Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 26 Jul 2001, 12:43 (Ref:122024)   #1
Sassy
Rookie

Sassy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Katherine Legge in FRenault

I fell about laughing when I read this one.

She couldn't even start the season in junior fords because her dad wouldn't pay for her drive as she 'lacked commitment'.

Now she reckons she can mix it in a slicks and wings category against seasoned drivers, some of whom have been at it for years.

She'll be trailing Alex Buncombe at the cow's arse if she's lucky - that's if she doesn't total her car like she did at Spa.

Seeing as she was too busy having a fag and yapping on about the latest poor young lad to have succumbed to her wily charms in the toilets at Knockhill to be interested in watching the actual race it looks like her commitment is going the same way as her credibility...downhill, fast.

Sorry, it just annoys when **** female drivers let the side down. There's nothing worse than positive discrimination.
Old 26 Jul 2001, 12:49 (Ref:122027)   #2
Marshal
Veteran

Marshal should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMarshal should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
How do you follow that

You're right though, I'd love to see a female driver make it to the top, but Miss Legge isn't going to be the one. Even if she got the dedication overnight, I fear she lacks the talent
Old 26 Jul 2001, 12:55 (Ref:122031)   #3
Sassy
Rookie

It would be great if Danica could repeat the form she showed at the festival last year - she is talented and deserves to go far.

But Katherine's attitude and demeanour just make me want to get in a car myself and outdrive her just to prove a point. Grrrr...

*seriously considers it
Old 26 Jul 2001, 16:28 (Ref:122141)   #4
Rob29
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire,UK
Rob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What do Katherine Legge & Joanna Clarke have in common? Answer;websites that are never updated.
Old 27 Jul 2001, 10:45 (Ref:122511)   #5
AndyF
Veteran

AndyF should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndyF should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Give her a chance. After two races we will be able to see if she has the comitment and talent to make it!
Old 27 Jul 2001, 12:06 (Ref:122562)   #6
Marshal
Veteran

Marshal should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMarshal should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by AndyF
Give her a chance. After two races we will be able to see if she has the comitment and talent to make it!
Sorry Andy, I was judging her on her performance in a T-Car, I seem to recall she was lapped in an 8-lapper at Castle Combe Not terribly impressive....
Old 27 Jul 2001, 14:47 (Ref:122629)   #7
Rob29
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire,UK
Rob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Are you sure you are not confused with another female 'Marshal'? Lydia Austen is usually last of the 8 or so T-cars. Think Katherine is too old for that class anyway.
Old 30 Jul 2001, 19:13 (Ref:123945)   #8
Barry Pomfret
Racer

Barry Pomfret should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Katherine was a very quick kart racer before graduating to Formula Ford. She competed in the Avon Junior series last year and showed a respectable pace beating many of the more experienced drivers. Her race results were often let down by car related retirements but she did win a race at Brands during the season, (Kent County round) She regularly qualified in the top third of the grid of the Avon races and I am surprised to read so many negative comments about her commitment and ability, I am sure that with enough testing time she would be a competitive driver in the Renault championship.
Old 31 Jul 2001, 12:35 (Ref:124298)   #9
Sassy
Rookie

I'm sorry, I think you'll find Little Miss Legge is more interested in boys and boozing.

If a male driver showed such a lack of commitment he'd be slated rotten.

Just becuase she is one of few female drivers, and woo, she won a race, does not mean she's any good, and frankly I think she'll be eaten alive in FRenault.

We'll see.
Old 12 Nov 2001, 15:25 (Ref:173627)   #10
Rob29
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire,UK
I see she finally made it to FR yesterday and finished 10th,ahead of the much promoted Lewis Hamilton.
Old 12 Nov 2001, 15:46 (Ref:173634)   #11
pitbit
Rookie

pitbit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sassy - I think you are wrong to critisise Katherine. She definatley is not just booze and boys. Sounds like you have a personal problem with her, envious maybe? Danica was no better than the picture you painted of Katherine and luck played into her hands an awful lot at the festival (don't get me wrong I do think Danica has talent). I think Katherine deserves a break, no one goes on about all the male drivers that have fun. She can race if she wants to have fun, can't she?
Old 12 Nov 2001, 17:09 (Ref:173661)   #12
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
she held her own in f.renault but was by no means on the pace. i await her final rounds at donington with interest.
Old 12 Nov 2001, 20:54 (Ref:173784)   #13
Slick
Rookie

Slick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Beyond Extreme

Sassy;

Nice to know you focus more on personal grudges than on racing ability! slightly jealous?? i agree with pitbit....some male racing drivers are bigger sluts than the named female ones - they just dont get any grief! Who are you to judge what is harmless flirting/having fun?? No wonder that girls are under severe pressure to perform well when racing, when there are people like YOU who critisize their every move off the track, nevermind on it!
Old 13 Nov 2001, 11:38 (Ref:173955)   #14
Jonny Apex
Veteran

Jonny Apex should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Katherine, I thought, was as good as just about any of the boys out there at the weekend, that despite ebing short of testing miles in the run-up to Rockingham. Unlucky not be eighth (a full house of 27 started) in the first race and in the second she was one of only a few number of drivers to lap within a second of the flying Robert Bell so she ain't that bad! Again, she could have been much higher up the order at the finish had she not been rammed out of the way early on - I saw it, so no arguments!

And as for the not-so-classy Sassy. Until you know what you're talking about, please just shut the **** up and go back to supporting the Chaz Smalls of this world. I think, if you actually bothered to step into a motor racing paddock for once in your life, you'll actually find that Ms Legge is a very dedicated and likeable driver. Unfortunately, up until now, she has been let down badly by so-called driver managers. I hope this will change so she can get a chance.

Malcolm Barfoot - well done for supporting Katherine. Oh, and in case Sassy wants to know who Malcolm is, well, apart from being a pretty fine driver himself, he can also spot talent - his boy Matt Howson was a real star at Rockingham as well.
Old 13 Nov 2001, 13:01 (Ref:173979)   #15
pitbit
Rookie

pitbit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well said Jonny!!!!

Did you make it out of the thistle ok after the festival???
Old 13 Nov 2001, 14:07 (Ref:174003)   #16
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
I agree, well said Jonny
Old 13 Nov 2001, 18:22 (Ref:174076)   #17
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
i agree with jonny - she wasn't useless, and to call her so would be daft. she was just as good as a lot of other so-called up and coming stars.

(qualifying was down to luck in a lot of cases though - a couple of drivers found themselves caught short by the session being ended 30 seconds early)
Old 14 Nov 2001, 00:51 (Ref:174332)   #18
Paul Rayner
Veteran

Paul Rayner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Barry Pomfret
race results were often let down by car related retirements but she did win a race at Brands during the season, (Kent County round)
No she didn't. Sorry to have to correct you, but in the round I think you mean she became the first woman to get pole in a Formula Ford Zetec race, but crashed out when she tangled with the eventual winner. How do I know so much about a Kent County Formula Ford race? Because the winner was one Charles Hollings, who is, incidentally, also racing in the Formula Renault Winter Series this year, and who does have a regularly updated web site. (www.charleshollings.com)
Old 21 Nov 2001, 19:46 (Ref:177403)   #19
donut
Rookie

donut should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Katherine Legge should be introduced to a bar of soap.
Old 21 Nov 2001, 20:27 (Ref:177423)   #20
Rob29
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire,UK
Seeing as your new here 'donut' I think you need to know that this is a place to discuss motor sport,not one to make offensive personal comments.I have never met Ms Legge,but your contribuion IMHO is uncalled for.
Old 21 Nov 2001, 21:34 (Ref:177470)   #21
superbird
Racer

superbird should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I think, if you actually bothered to step into a motor racing paddock for once in your life, you'll actually find that Ms Legge is a very dedicated and likeable driver.
I have no idea how dedicated she is, but I don't tend to have a lot of time for girls who start on people for no reason. Who knows, she might have matured since then. Let's hope so.
Old 27 Nov 2001, 12:42 (Ref:179336)   #22
Slick
Rookie

Slick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
calm down kiddies!

Think you'll find once again.... way off the subject!!! Superbird you have a point but whether she has 'matured' or not has nothing to do with anyone but her. Personal lives - are - personal, and have little to do with her performance on the track!

If Katherine definately races this coming season then maybe some people will have the ability to comment on her actual performance and not on mere rumour and stop making general b*tchy comments! Grow up people!
Old 27 Nov 2001, 17:45 (Ref:179436)   #23
sgrok
Racer

sgrok should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've heard, from people who've actually raced with her, that on the track she's an accident waiting to happen.

Still, she did manage to qualify middle of the field in most of the Winter Series races.
Old 7 Dec 2001, 23:30 (Ref:183533)   #24
Mackmot
Veteran

United Kingdom
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Mackmot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Shes gorgeous
Old 17 Dec 2001, 01:31 (Ref:186716)   #25
flange-tastic
Rookie

flange-tastic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
you evil bastdards! the poor girl is not a slag, and is a nice person to know! and as for her driving she wasnt bad in karts but she has no money and has spent a lot of time out of a car! all racing is is practice and experiance! you cant expect any more from her than what she is doing!