Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 3 Dec 2010, 13:22 (Ref:2799080)   #1
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
2011 New Car Launches.

Its seems like we have just left Abu Dhabi, yet already teams are starting to talk of launch dates. With the next F1 testing to be at Valencia at the start of February, that would be the traditional test that many of the teams will be launching the initial 2011 cars.

Be nice to have a schedule of all the launches in one thread, so I will start the ballrolling with the news that Peter Sauber has confirmed the launch of the 2011 Sauber will be at Valencia on the 31st January, the day before testing commences. (Ricardo Torme circuit)

Any new launch date announcements add away.

So at this stage a list of one.....

New Car launch schedule

Date - Team - Launch Venue
31st January Sauber C30-Ferrari Valencia.
Old 3 Dec 2010, 13:40 (Ref:2799095)   #2
Ingsy
Racer

Ingsy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
BBC are reporting that Red Bull will have their new car ready for the first test, unlike in previous years. Not sure of a date yet though.
Old 3 Dec 2010, 13:42 (Ref:2799097)   #3
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Nice, Sauber Sauber now... better than that weird BMW Sauber Ferrari.
Old 3 Dec 2010, 13:43 (Ref:2799098)   #4
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
Pastor Maldonado will be launching the new Williams over the back of someone else's car at Bahrain on March 13th.
Old 3 Dec 2010, 21:57 (Ref:2799287)   #5
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ingsy View Post
BBC are reporting that Red Bull will have their new car ready for the first test, unlike in previous years. Not sure of a date yet though.
Interesting. Are they chasing reliability?
Old 3 Dec 2010, 23:49 (Ref:2799317)   #6
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
According to yesterday's Autosport mag, the 2011 Virgin challenger is 'set to be ready' for the start of pre-season testing.
Hopefully they hit that target, it'd do them good to get some proper testing under their belts.
Old 4 Dec 2010, 11:36 (Ref:2799471)   #7
Ingsy
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Interesting. Are they chasing reliability?
I was thinking the same thing when I read it, I have to admit. With the changes for next year they're obviously aiming for a lot more track time with the new wheels.
Old 4 Dec 2010, 16:25 (Ref:2799553)   #8
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ingsy View Post
I was thinking the same thing when I read it, I have to admit. With the changes for next year they're obviously aiming for a lot more track time with the new wheels.
Which in itself is a different story than last year and IIRC also the year before, when the team deliberately missed the opening test sessions stating that they could find more time and efficiency, and in general benefit the development of the car better in the wind tunnel and factory resources rather than with on track testing. We had more dramatic updates in both those years than this next year.

Of course the big change this year that in my mind might be better suited to trackwork is the new tyres from Pirelli and the variations they might throw up, given the old data is of little relevance one would imagine.

Of course the "we can spend the time better in the factory" line may have been a nice way of saying we are running late.
Old 5 Dec 2010, 11:40 (Ref:2799871)   #9
Ingsy
Racer

E.B, not just the tyres, which they need the track time for, but also to ensure reliability of the KERS unit - which I assume they will be running - but will it be their own, or one from Renault?
Old 6 Dec 2010, 09:22 (Ref:2800248)   #10
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
That's a good point. It'll be interesting to find out who's running KERS and what kind of KERS.

Is there not a standardised KERS unit for this season?

Selby
Old 6 Dec 2010, 11:07 (Ref:2800289)   #11
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
I thought it was a standard unit too.
Old 6 Dec 2010, 11:53 (Ref:2800297)   #12
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ostrogothicus View Post
According to yesterday's Autosport mag, the 2011 Virgin challenger is 'set to be ready' for the start of pre-season testing.
Hopefully they hit that target, it'd do them good to get some proper testing under their belts.
Let's hope the fuel cell is big enough!

I am quite hoping they make a big step this year, thought they did a solid job for a new operation and with the design process they chose. It'll probably never really work, but who knows...
Old 10 Dec 2010, 11:30 (Ref:2802385)   #13
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
TEAM Lotus (as opposed to Team Bahar Bottom Feeders, ok I dont like them or particularly him) have confirmed the new Gascoyne / Fernandes Lotus (T128?) will be launched in January.

Quote:
Team Lotus’ new car is heading for a launch in January, chief executive Riad Asmat has revealed.
Amid the naming and livery dispute with new F1 competitor Group Lotus, Asmat insists the confusion is not affecting the progress of the T127 car’s successor.
"Our 2011 car has been in the wind tunnel since July and we have achieved our monthly objectives set," he is quoted by The Star in Malaysia.
"I’m very pleased with the situation and we’re just eager for the launch of the car in January," he added.
It seems the car is well advanced and that the major decision to make revolves around the colour the team launch in, with their proposed Black and Gold now seemingly doomed to stay in Photoshop form, given that Bahars lot have decided to run in that colour scheme too.
The word is that due to public demand the gold and green of 2010 will be continued.

I am looking forward to seeing what the new Lotus looks like.... given their Renault engine deal and Red Bull powertrain and having had plenty of time in the wind tunnel to find that missing in 2010 downforce I am hoping to see the new car become a regular point scorer. I think they could well surprise a few midfielders and have learnt and moved on.
Old 10 Dec 2010, 14:51 (Ref:2802464)   #14
tblincoe
Veteran

tblincoe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECW Dan Selby View Post
That's a good point. It'll be interesting to find out who's running KERS and what kind of KERS.

Selby
Definitely no standardized KERS for next year; each KERS package will be unique as in 2009.
Old 10 Dec 2010, 17:48 (Ref:2802537)   #15
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECW Dan Selby

Selby
Quote:
Originally Posted by tblincoe View Post
Definitely no standardized KERS for next year; each KERS package will be unique as in 2009.
Well, I know Team Lotus will NOT be starting the season with KERS.

Gascoyne said that he believes KERS will only give tenths over a lap seeing as they are still on the same limited collection and use configuration as 2009.... thus he has said that before looking for the Tenths (0.1secs) he wants to find the seconds they were missing last year, supposedly their weakness was in the downforce area last season.

I guess once he sees that with the reduction plans for downforce under the new rules, that he is closer to the main teams then he can look for the tenths, which sounds pretty reasonable to me.... A sort of lets learn to walk before we learn to run approach.

Certainly the plan is to use KERS as soon as possible..... not sure whether their RBR alliance will help them there or whether indeed RBR are using the Renault system.....

I also know that despite Williams having been involved with developing a flybrid system (flywheel as opposed to Batteries) for Porsche, that they all plan to continue with the Battery approach as 2009. I think that it is likely that a less weighty form of batteries has been introduced and so the battery route is no longer as severe a weight penalty on the cars.

Lotus is the only team to confirm they wont start with KERS, but I am not sure that anyone else have actually stated one way or the other whether they will be in a position to run it from the season start.... with the experience in KERS that McLaren and Ferrari have from 2009, I would suspect they might be ahead of the others, although Renault did use it and might not be far behind if at all.
Old 10 Dec 2010, 19:59 (Ref:2802644)   #16
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
TEAM Lotus (as opposed to Team Bahar Bottom Feeders, ok I dont like them or particularly him) have confirmed the new Gascoyne / Fernandes Lotus (T128?) will be launched in January.

It seems the car is well advanced and that the major decision to make revolves around the colour the team launch in, with their proposed Black and Gold now seemingly doomed to stay in Photoshop form, given that Bahars lot have decided to run in that colour scheme too.
The word is that due to public demand the gold and green of 2010 will be continued.
Just imagine the Team Lotus car turning up in absolutely the same scheme as the black and gold of Group Lotus Renault..... but in green and yellow...
That would be hilarious....
Old 10 Dec 2010, 20:15 (Ref:2802657)   #17
Jamesy-18
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire
Jamesy-18 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post

Yeah, trust the actual Lotus wanting to rescue their reputation in some way. 1Malaysia as they are actually called didn't do anything for them this season. How many points scored again?

:P

I don't want to cause a flame war, but I seriously don't get why 1Malaysia are pretending to be somebody they evidently aren't.

Anyway, that's all I'll say on the topic.
Old 10 Dec 2010, 20:40 (Ref:2802676)   #18
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
I think that even Ferrari have changed beyond recognition over the past few years. Are they the same team that they were in 1995?
Old 10 Dec 2010, 21:15 (Ref:2802691)   #19
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think the current Lotus stuff atm is (for those familiar with English fooball) exactly like with MK Dons/AFC Wimbledon situation. Wimbledon (read Lotus) died, and now these two new teams have sprung up and both claim to be the decendent of the original, yet neither of them are.

The original is dead, these new teams are exactly that - new.
Old 10 Dec 2010, 21:22 (Ref:2802696)   #20
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yeah, I think this is the case...
Old 13 Dec 2010, 00:15 (Ref:2803545)   #21
Speed-freak
Rookie

United Kingdom
uk
Speed-freak should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ostrogothicus View Post
I think the current Lotus stuff atm is (for those familiar with English fooball) exactly like with MK Dons/AFC Wimbledon situation. Wimbledon (read Lotus) died, and now these two new teams have sprung up and both claim to be the decendent of the original, yet neither of them are.

The original is dead, these new teams are exactly that - new.
At least AFC Wimbledon are within a stones throw of the old Plough Lane Home of Wimbledon. Fans feel part of it, MK Dons might as well call themselves Lotus too! OMG I'm talking about football! Sorry, won't happen again.
Old 13 Dec 2010, 00:37 (Ref:2803550)   #22
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It's a bit of that, but there is also a similarity with the whole Cleveland Browns incident. At any rate, I'd say that Team Lotus probably have more right to claim the legacy of thirteen world championships than Renault (look at the entry list -the cars are still Renaults) being sponsored by Proton.
Old 13 Dec 2010, 10:48 (Ref:2803743)   #23
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Looks like we have 3 threads talking about the same subject.
Old 14 Dec 2010, 19:50 (Ref:2804475)   #24
skells22
Veteran

skells22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
any more news about the next team to say when the car will get shown?
Old 15 Dec 2010, 02:49 (Ref:2804595)   #25
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Well Carabante says Hispania's car will be ready to test in Feb, but you know...