Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 7 Jan 2011, 20:31 (Ref:2812712)   #51
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Renault to launch R31 on January 31st.

http://www.itv-f1.com/news_article.aspx?id=49864

Ferrari will also launch its car at the end of January (no specific date given).
Old 8 Jan 2011, 02:32 (Ref:2812788)   #52
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
Ferrari will also launch its car at the end of January (no specific date given).
No specific date but a band of dates from 25th to 29th for the Marinello launch (as opposed to Valencia)

No doubt they will use the Marinello launch to do a few media laps at Fiorano before moving on to Valencia to do the opening test sessions.

Alonso is confirmed to be doing the driving duties for days 1 & 2 at Valencia.
Old 9 Jan 2011, 00:51 (Ref:2813082)   #53
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I don't think Mclaren needs to change its livery, it's nice the way it is.
Old 10 Jan 2011, 10:25 (Ref:2813603)   #54
Jamesy-18
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire
Jamesy-18 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi View Post
I don't think Mclaren needs to change its livery, it's nice the way it is.
I disagree.

I just don't like silver and red cars. They remind me of a Christmas bauble or something!
Old 10 Jan 2011, 14:00 (Ref:2813726)   #55
nkh
Racer

Denmark
Copenhagen
nkh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
McLaren are to launch new car in Berlin on February 4th, and will use interim car for first test on February 1st at Valencia.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/88834
Any particular reason for going to Germany to launch the car? It can't be to please Mercedes....
Old 10 Jan 2011, 17:28 (Ref:2813807)   #56
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Maybe they're going to test it on an Autobahn?
Old 10 Jan 2011, 21:35 (Ref:2813916)   #57
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesy-18 View Post
I disagree.

I just don't like silver and red cars. They remind me of a Christmas bauble or something!

Its in your eyes...
Old 13 Jan 2011, 07:22 (Ref:2815102)   #58
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The new Ferrari, (codenamed F288 but in reality that is the ongoing chassis # and I am sure it will be known as the F11 - the F10 last year was launched as the F#282) will be unveiled to the public on January 28 in Maranello, in a 'traditional' launch ahead of the first week of testing starting on February 1.

However as with what we have seen in past years they have already stated that the car we see launched will be significantly and visibly upgraded before the first race in Bahrain.

I guess it is all part of the keep your best bits in the closet until the last moment. A result of the improvement in the simulation and test jig technology and the lack of need to physically do real world testing anymore.

Teams nowadays see more value in taking an old updated car to the opening tests purely to amass data on unknowns such as the new Pirelli tyres, to go back to the factory and do the serious testing there withthe real new car on a new shaker jig or simulator.

I guess another, albeit disappointing factor this might indicate, is that the cars are all mostly essentially evolutionary upgrades rather than anything revolutionary.

I am looking forward to seeing the Williams more than any other car, not because I am a Williams fan, (I like them less every year because of issues like Hulkenberg being dropped) but because they have stated they will be at the test with their new car, a car which is promised to be aggressively different to their previous car. Its got me sucked in that's for sure. I just hope it isn't another Walrus nose!
Old 13 Jan 2011, 10:50 (Ref:2815189)   #59
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Renault (Lotus) unveil new livery on last years car.

No real surprises there.
Old 13 Jan 2011, 10:57 (Ref:2815190)   #60
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
Just too many colours.

Black and gold is fine. The yellow of the Pirelli is pretty ugly with it, but the red tops it off.

It's pretty cool, but yeah, just overkill.

Still, it's nice to see a predominantly black car back on the grid.

Selby
Old 13 Jan 2011, 12:45 (Ref:2815225)   #61
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Bah, Bahar!

The 'Total' red more or less spoils an otherwise nice looking livery.
Old 13 Jan 2011, 15:26 (Ref:2815286)   #62
awrb
Veteran

United Kingdom
Birmingham, UK
awrb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So the big livery release Renault had planned was basically the picture they showed a few weeks ago.
Old 13 Jan 2011, 15:29 (Ref:2815287)   #63
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
It's no different, is it?

Selby
Old 13 Jan 2011, 17:59 (Ref:2815327)   #64
PabloTeK
Racer

United Kingdom
Err... Can I have a sports question?
PabloTeK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That Lotus logo on ithe nose is massive!
Old 13 Jan 2011, 18:37 (Ref:2815343)   #65
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Renault are now a 'British' team! Which means that the British national anthem will now be played if the team is victorious.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/88902
Old 14 Jan 2011, 11:20 (Ref:2815619)   #66
I Rosputnik
Veteran

United Kingdom
Livingston, Scotland
I Rosputnik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridI Rosputnik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And now the slow takeover begins...
Old 14 Jan 2011, 13:42 (Ref:2815663)   #67
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
No doubt Bahar will have this updated to a Malaysian licence next year, in honour of the nation with Group Lotus ownership .
Old 14 Jan 2011, 14:35 (Ref:2815692)   #68
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
Mercedes will launch its 2011 car at the opening day of the Valencia test on February 1.

The MGP W02 will make its track debut in the morning. Ross Brawn seems to believe it is the bits and more, and with Alonso reckoning Schu is his biggest fear for this season..... (Maybe by that he meant fear of being Barrichelloed into the pit wall?)
If the car is that good then watch out for Nico is what I say.
Old 14 Jan 2011, 14:36 (Ref:2815693)   #69
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
You're probably right, E.B.

I can't see Schuey getting the better of Nico after last season, as much as it could be fun

Selby
Old 14 Jan 2011, 19:14 (Ref:2815825)   #70
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Quote:
Renault are now a 'British' team! Which means that the British national anthem will now be played if the team is victorious.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/88902
Laugh or cry ?
Old 14 Jan 2011, 19:53 (Ref:2815836)   #71
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi View Post
Laugh or cry ?
Can I just be confused?

Renault, a 'French' car maker, are now entering an F1 team under a 'British' licence. The team is still called Renault, but is no longer owned by them, it's owned by Genii Capital, a finance company based in Luxembourg. But it is sponsored by a Malaysian car manufacturer that just happens to be called, Lotus.

And Voila! The birth of the British F1 team, Lotus Renault....
Old 14 Jan 2011, 21:43 (Ref:2815866)   #72
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

I bet Bernie loves all this...
Old 16 Jan 2011, 22:52 (Ref:2816549)   #73
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Can I just be confused?

Renault, a 'French' car maker, are now entering an F1 team under a 'British' licence. The team is still called Renault, but is no longer owned by them, it's owned by Genii Capital, a finance company based in Luxembourg. But it is sponsored by a Malaysian car manufacturer that just happens to be called, Lotus.

No not quite....
The formula one team formerly entered by part-owner auto manufacturer Renault and co-owner Genii Capital under a French licence and that entered its cars as Renault will now be entered by new sponsor and co-owner Malaysian owned British automative manufacturer Lotus as Renault and under a British licence.
The cars will still be powered by Renault built engines and continue to be built in Enstone but be known as Renault's even though the British manufacturer is the naming sponsor and part owner of the team.

Last edited by Teretonga; 16 Jan 2011 at 22:58.
Old 16 Jan 2011, 22:57 (Ref:2816551)   #74
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teretonga View Post
No not quite....
The formula one team formerly entered by part-owner auto manufacturer Renault and co-owner Genii Capital under a French licence and that entered its cars as Renault will now be entered by new sponsor and co-owner Malaysian owned British automative manufacturer Lotus as Lotus Racing and under a British licence.
The cars will still be powered by Renault built engines and continue to be built in Enstone but be entered as Renaults even though the British manufacturer is the naming sponsor and part owner of the team.

Okay I believe you..
Old 16 Jan 2011, 23:51 (Ref:2816567)   #75
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Can I just be confused?

Worth remembering that the team started out British and has always been based in Britain. It's not really that comical, regardless of the endless changing of ownership.

Nor is it all that important really.