Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Closed Thread

Old 7 Feb 2011, 03:15 (Ref:2827030)   #51
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skam85 View Post
All depends on how many races he'll miss really. If it's only 2-3, they'd go with Senna. Any more than perhaps half the season they might look at a Heidfeld, Klien or Hulkenberg I'd say.
Those are three names I would personally place higher on the list than Roman Growsome or Bruno Senna to be honest.

But Bouillier has his own agenda and squad he wants to promote so who knows.
Old 7 Feb 2011, 04:01 (Ref:2827038)   #52
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Webber to Renault means them making a deal with Flav...awkward!
Old 7 Feb 2011, 04:07 (Ref:2827040)   #53
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Dare we suggest Daniel Ricciardo?

Young and terrifically fast.
Old 7 Feb 2011, 04:08 (Ref:2827041)   #54
Peralta
Veteran

Mexico
Guadalajara Jalisco
Peralta is a back marker
Heidfeld would be my choice. Quick and gets the car at the finish and comes with no baggage. I think even Kubica had a good relationship with him so it would make sense to go with him.

DiGrassi maybe but like Senna might not be quick enough, hard to tell.
Old 7 Feb 2011, 05:29 (Ref:2827052)   #55
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
Throwing it out there - Fisi?

He'd still know most of the team well... and he's not THAT bad. Could do worse. At least he's a known quantity.
Old 7 Feb 2011, 05:37 (Ref:2827053)   #56
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peralta View Post
Heidfeld would be my choice. Quick and gets the car at the finish and comes with no baggage. I think even Kubica had a good relationship with him so it would make sense to go with him.

DiGrassi maybe but like Senna might not be quick enough, hard to tell.
I'd agree with this.
It is far more likely that Bruno wiill get a go but by the time the first three races are over if he's not cutting the mustard the team will cut him and look for a real replacement.

That replacement will most likely come from outside the regularly employed drivers, so some teams test or reserve driver or an unemployed driver like Heidfeld or dare I say it, Liuzzi....

If it was me I'd have called Nick already, and if he'd said no I'd be looking at testing Liuzzi or someone like that little Peugeot fella Davidson...
Old 7 Feb 2011, 05:46 (Ref:2827054)   #57
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
They should try to get Hulkenberg in the car.
Old 7 Feb 2011, 08:50 (Ref:2827079)   #58
Asa
Veteran

Hong Kong
Disneyland
Asa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If I were Bouiller I would call Hulkenberg. I don't think I'd want to run Senna AND Petrov together. I would also try to get Kamui Obayashi, but that won't be easy as he seems to have a firm contract.

Heidfeld is good but he is not the future.
Old 7 Feb 2011, 08:59 (Ref:2827083)   #59
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
jab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I don't understand why people don't want Senna and Petrov together and yet are quite happy to have Hulkenberg in there. Senna and Hulkenberg have exactly the same amount of experience. If you're not going to go with Bruno, they would have to go with someone with experience to lead the team
Old 7 Feb 2011, 09:05 (Ref:2827084)   #60
E-racer
Rookie

Sweden
London
E-racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The difference is that Hulkenberg has an excellent track record in the junior formulas whereas Senna and Petrov has none of that. If you can't even win in the junior formulas you simply don't belong in F1.
Old 7 Feb 2011, 09:08 (Ref:2827087)   #61
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
jab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Junior results are an irrelevance at this stage. This is F1. Once you are in F1 you can only be judged on what you do in F1, and F1 experience is the only experience that counts

Junior racing results are like exam grades from school - they get you a job but they have little to do with how good you are at that job a few months/years down the line
Old 7 Feb 2011, 10:46 (Ref:2827144)   #62
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
Quote:
Originally Posted by jab View Post
Junior results are an irrelevance at this stage. This is F1. Once you are in F1 you can only be judged on what you do in F1, and F1 experience is the only experience that counts
and who was the best rookie last year??

Nico Hulkenberg.............
Old 7 Feb 2011, 10:57 (Ref:2827148)   #63
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
Only if you don't consider Kobayashi a rookie

I'm a big Hulkenberg fan but he wasn't that impressive for the vast majority of the year. Without his pole in Brazil, which was, by and large, a fluke, he would've been considered a disappointment - if you consider the expectations he came in with, he was arguably the least impressive out of all the rookies
Old 7 Feb 2011, 11:00 (Ref:2827150)   #64
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
Quote:
Only if you don't consider Kobayashi a rookie

I'm a big Hulkenberg fan but he wasn't that impressive for the vast majority of the year. Without his pole in Brazil, which was, by and large, a fluke, he would've been considered a disappointment - if you consider the expectations he came in with, he was arguably the least impressive out of all the rookies
http://www.worldcarfans.com/11012143...kobayashi-most
Old 7 Feb 2011, 11:06 (Ref:2827154)   #65
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
If you want to quote random meaningless stats, how about the most important of them all?:

12. K Kobayashi - 32 pts
13. V Petrov - 27 pts
14. N Hulkenberg - 22 pts
Old 7 Feb 2011, 11:36 (Ref:2827173)   #66
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:

Junior racing results are like exam grades from school - they get you a job but they have little to do with how good you are at that job a few months/years down the line
Completely agree.
Old 7 Feb 2011, 11:40 (Ref:2827177)   #67
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
Couldn't agree more with that. Spot on.

At the end of the day, I think give Senna a chance. He had a dog last year, and mentally, he must be in a very positive state of mind. He knows he made a (lucky) shrewd move, and potentially, this is a front(ish) running car. He'll be out there to silence some critics.

It also potentially leaves Renault in a bizzare predicament if Bruno potentially out-performs Petrov.

I know i've been vocally quite outspoken in regards to Senna last season, but I think we just need to see how he gets on.

Selby
Old 7 Feb 2011, 11:48 (Ref:2827182)   #68
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
I'm half expecting them to bring in Fisichella. I would like to see Hulkenburg get the drive though.

It would be good to see how Senna gets on - I really think it would be a shame if the only race chance he got was at HRT. It's hard to judge anything about a driver in that car.
Old 7 Feb 2011, 12:18 (Ref:2827189)   #69
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Here's the latest from Boullier:
Quote:
Renault team principal Eric Boullier said he expected Kubica to miss at least the first two months of the 2011 Formula 1 season. Speaking to the BBC, Boullier believed the Pole would not drive an F1 car until at least the Spanish Grand Prix in May.

Boullier also reiterated in an interview with ANSA that Renault backed Kubica's decision to take part in the event, despite its close proximity to the start of the new F1 season.

"Rallying is what Robert loves to do," he said. "We knew the risks and so did he. We didn't want a robot or a corporate man for a driver. It was agreed together."
That's a best case scenario and if they think there's a chance of that they may as well stick Bruno in the car or borrow Hulkenberg for a while.

Realistically, if the medics are saying it will be another week before they can give a better long term prognosis, they may as well let someone like Senna start to get used to the car this week.
Old 7 Feb 2011, 12:21 (Ref:2827193)   #70
E-racer
Rookie

Sweden
London
E-racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

You are correct - to a point. Being good in junior formulas is no guarantee for being good at the top level. Piquet is just a recent example of that. However, if you can't even produce results in the lower categories, how on earth are you supposed to be competitive at the top level? Can you name a single world champion for the last two decades who didn't do well in the junior categories ??? Besides Hill, I can't think of one and his career fizzled out pretty quickly as soon as he didn't have a dominating car at his disposal.
Old 7 Feb 2011, 12:30 (Ref:2827198)   #71
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
Both Senna and Petrov finished runner-up in GP2.

Their junior careers therefore weren't as bad as you seem to be suggesting.
Old 7 Feb 2011, 12:33 (Ref:2827200)   #72
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
with results in non-f1 things if you're going to be really fussy you have to look at *who* they did it with. if you take the example of piquet, his family made sure he always had the same people around him... does that mean he didn't do as well as someone like senna or petrov who didn't just bring their engineering team with them wherever they went? is hulkenberg's f3 euroseries title worth less because he was with the only team who won races consistently? after a while it gets a bit chicken and egg, doesn't it.
Old 7 Feb 2011, 12:40 (Ref:2827206)   #73
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm with Senna in this stage. His life was very rounded of disgraces, the driver deserves a chance in favour this time.

Alas, why don't put a poll to select our favourite Kubica's replacement?
Old 7 Feb 2011, 12:55 (Ref:2827214)   #74
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Has anyone mentioned Sato yet? He is connected to Group Lotus through KV Racing in IndyCar.
Old 7 Feb 2011, 12:56 (Ref:2827215)   #75
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Down F0rce View Post
Has anyone mentioned Sato yet? He is connected to Group Lotus through KV Racing in IndyCar.
Sato & Petrov?

Imagine the repair bills!
Closed Thread