Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 1 Mar 2005, 21:03 (Ref:1239393)   #1
Joe Fan
Veteran

Joe Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJoe Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
NASCAR Busch race in Mexico on March 6th

I can't wait, this should be an interesting race. Adrian Fernandez will drive a Hendrick Motorsports car in the race.
http://www.nascar.com/2005/news/head...wes/index.html
Old 2 Mar 2005, 19:03 (Ref:1240313)   #2
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
What will be really interesting is, how will Adrian will do.
Old 3 Mar 2005, 17:41 (Ref:1241360)   #3
muggle not
Veteran

United States
North Carolina, U.S.
muggle not should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmuggle not should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have him picked for the top 10.
Old 4 Mar 2005, 16:50 (Ref:1242469)   #4
Baritone2400
Racer

United States
Washington,DC
Baritone2400 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
there are too many "road course ringers" in this race for fernadez to win. look for Fellows, Said, R. Gordon even Rusty to be up front all day!
Old 7 Mar 2005, 01:49 (Ref:1245150)   #5
Mosport67
Racer

Canada
Near Mosport
Mosport67 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fun to watch although there were way too many long yellows.
Old 7 Mar 2005, 15:49 (Ref:1245710)   #6
muggle not
Veteran

United States
North Carolina, U.S.
muggle not should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmuggle not should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosport67
Fun to watch although there were way too many long yellows.
Agree, but the first half was pretty darn good. Goetters really impressed me with his driving.
Old 8 Mar 2005, 02:40 (Ref:1246293)   #7
Mosport67
Racer

Canada
Near Mosport
Mosport67 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There were a number of good performances from names we haven't heard before.
Old 9 Mar 2005, 14:50 (Ref:1247757)   #8
enemy-ace
Veteran

Canada
toronto, ontario, canada
enemy-ace should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Agree on the yellows. Frustrating day for Fellows. NASCAR needs to run more road courses. These cars are really quite entertaining to watch on road courses.
A torrential afternoon practice session in Watkins Glen saw Villeneuve out-qualify everyone. By 11 seconds.Scheckter stated: "I scared myself rigid that day, I thought I had to be quickest. Then I saw Gilles's time and - I still don't really understand how it was possible. Eleven seconds !"
Old 9 Mar 2005, 22:01 (Ref:1248136)   #9
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Busch isn't racing at Infineon this year are they? If they did that would 3. And I agree there enemy-ace, the race at Mexico city was certainly entertaining!
Old 9 Mar 2005, 22:45 (Ref:1248163)   #10
Flaming_Wuzzle
Racer

United States
a house
Flaming_Wuzzle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This probably won't happen again. Went on the Nascar.com board discussing the race a couple days back, I don't think I saw a single person say they wanted a race in Mexico again, for the following reasons:

- The Daytona-California-Mexico-LV trip costs too much
- The series needs to remain completely American (and also Toyota needs to get out of the CTS)
- People were bored with the fact that everything wasn't in English (God forbid someone in the world speaks a different language in their own country...)
- It was on a road course, which apparently is an abomination before God for some reason

Personally, I would love to see the Cup cars at AHR soon, but if the reactions on Nascar's message board are any indication, it won't happen as a points-paying race.
Old 10 Mar 2005, 02:21 (Ref:1248278)   #11
Net-Ranger
Racer

Mexico
Mexico City
Net-Ranger should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I am really impressed with the NASCAR concept of racing, pretty cool and puting apart the yellows they probe to be what many people know a great spectacle!!!

i really enjoy the weekend, i watch very carefull how the pilots take the curves, and how made their moves looking for improve into the race, the driving style is certanly lot more rough than in open whellers for example, very agressive for moments, but very intelligent and fine at the same time to allow the pilots to control this V8 monsters like they actually do...

Many fans hate Adrian because he left Champ car to go IRL like a world class mercenary going after the money, and still many of us think that, but that doesn't mean that we refuse to recognize his talent, his class as driver and his unique hability, for be the first time in a "real" stock car race he really made a GREAT job!!!, good Adrian!!!

Jorge Goeters, definitly someone that derserve to have a full time ride in NASCAR, he show not also talent, he show that he has the courage, the heart and the spirit to be there.

About the race well, was pretty cool until the first half but the yellows in the second half make it a little bit slow, maybe i will be satanized but if they just race more road courses, NASCAR cars run very well in road courses and as i observe they can get more passing than open whellers with less space, hope they consider this because USA certanly has GREAT road courses.

Thanks to NASCAR for come, i guess they won their own place here, it doesn't threat Open Whell racing here as someone said once, my opinion is that Nascar complement the follow of the sport in a soccer dominated country, making the mexicans fans be one of the most pasionate, selective and well inform about auto-racing in the world

By saying selective i mean that mexican fans don't accept things that they don't really worth it

Cheers for all the Nascar fans, they have a great series, as a religious fan of Rally racing, Open whell and road course racing, have to say that lot of people have to learn from the NASCAR series and his fans....=)

Meanwhile the next pic is a probe that how cool the Nascar concept could be in road courses

[IMG]D:\Eduardo 2\nascar bush 2004\DSC02719.JPG[/IMG]
Old 29 Mar 2005, 02:22 (Ref:1263920)   #12
muggle not
Veteran

United States
North Carolina, U.S.
My observation of the Mexico Busch race was that the fans in Mexico truly enjoyed the race. It will become a fixture and Nextel cup will be there soon.

Count on this....Craftsman Trucks will be in Canada in 2006 for a race.