Korr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
SPying in F1: Quick Article

Published today at Autoweek.com:

http://www.autoweek.com/cat_content...._code=06733029
Old 3 Dec 2002, 21:10 (Ref:442105)   #2
JonesF1
Racer

JonesF1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Never heard the telemetry jamming story before. Someone should right a book about all the cheating and spying. Doesnt have to be serious or anything, just the good stuff like Piquets "hand brake" and RD locking that engineer in the truck.
Old 3 Dec 2002, 23:20 (Ref:442201)   #3
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
Thanks for that link Korr. That was a very good read!
Old 3 Dec 2002, 23:50 (Ref:442220)   #4
Korr
Racer

Korr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And another:

http://www.grandprix.com/gt/gt00193.html

Old 4 Dec 2002, 03:15 (Ref:442277)   #5
avsfan733
Veteran

avsfan733 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
realizing that some F1 teams might have a bigger budget than 007 and have almost as much to gain from their perspective... is this at all surprising? This is not at all uncommon i mean has anyone ever seen some of the "truck drivers" who look like bouncers. Maybe a system like used in America's cup (which is worse) and they should all have a little peak before the season begins at each others stuff because the reality is that i could probably memorize every detail of the ferrari and build a "copy" which would be a piece of s#&@. especially at this level, the money is all in the details
Old 4 Dec 2002, 10:26 (Ref:442407)   #6
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
With frequencies publicly available on the Internet, all that stops hackers or other teams from trying to gain control of a rival’s car is coded encryption. “There’s potential if your system is not coded properly, you could have a situation where it gets false messages

That could be fun,hacking all the teams telemetry and controlling the race on your PC,I wonder whos going to win today,Sorry Michael I just jammed your throttle full on.....
Old 4 Dec 2002, 12:02 (Ref:442475)   #7
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
That would be funny. With the pro/anti Schumachers all going at it, Michael would finish every race with a severe case of whiplash
Old 4 Dec 2002, 13:18 (Ref:442547)   #8
JohnSSC
Veteran

Slovenia
Pittsburgh
JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!
Wrex, that is priceless!!! Someone would probably have RB nerf Michael during the recon lap so the racing would be "fair!"
"He's still a young guy and I always think, slightly morbidly, the last thing you learn is how to die and at the end of the day everybody learns every single day." - The Ever-Cheerfull Ron Dennis on Lewis Hamilton.
Old 4 Dec 2002, 19:29 (Ref:442745)   #9
Yoong Montoya
Veteran

Yoong Montoya should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't think the steering and braking of a car can be controlled by two-way telemetry. At least I don't think so. Can it though?
Old 4 Dec 2002, 19:33 (Ref:442748)   #10
Yoong Montoya
Veteran

Yoong Montoya should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by JohnSSC
Wrex, that is priceless!!! Someone would probably have RB nerf Michael during the recon lap so the racing would be "fair!"

Or **** up their launch control and have them both start from the back of the grid! STEERING DISPLAY: (Blue screen of death)A fatal error has occured in the launch control system. Please reboot.Could they still finish 1-2 then unless it was at Monaco or Hungaroring?
Old 4 Dec 2002, 19:41 (Ref:442752)   #11
Red
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest, Romania
Red should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Yoong Montoya
I don't think the steering and braking of a car can be controlled by two-way telemetry. At least I don't think so. Can it though?
Certainly steering or braking cannor be altered via telemetry (besides, no electronic control to both of them are allowed) . However, various other settings can. For example engine mapping (don't mention traction control in its entirety). Just imagine that instead of slight acceleration in response to a soft touch of throttle pedal one sets your car to full boost..... you expect your car to accelerate a bit when exiting a corner but instead... SURPRISE!!!!!

Last edited by Red; 4 Dec 2002 at 19:42.
Old 7 Dec 2002, 00:24 (Ref:444749)   #12
avsfan733
Veteran

avsfan733 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
doesn't compaq sponsor williams? and panasonic sponsor toyota?
Old 7 Dec 2002, 01:20 (Ref:444766)   #13
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!
I think acceleration could be controlled by telemetry, but not braking.