Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 24 Sep 2012, 18:47 (Ref:3141022)   #1
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
AMOC & VSCC @ SNETTERTON 29/30 Sept

All the info is on respective websites and looks like should be some interesting cars and races. Sunday VSCC hopefully will mark "Famous International Racing Driver' Iain Rowley's first race in a 500cc F3. With other friends racing on Saturday looks like my weekend is sorted......

Anyone else going? Might even have stopped raining by then!
Old 25 Sep 2012, 07:17 (Ref:3141263)   #2
gt917
Veteran

United Kingdom
Suffolk
gt917 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgt917 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgt917 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Mike,

I,m going, but only as a displayer of car with FORC so will see you there.

We have a static display of 60+ race-sports cars in area overlooking the assembly area so hoping that some of the tenthers will have time to visit us. Will be staying at circuit overnight.

Do you have a spare ticket for Saturday please. Am happy to spanner for you that day.

GT
Old 25 Sep 2012, 14:54 (Ref:3141475)   #3
SJWBallistic
Rookie

SJWBallistic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I will also be there racing in the 500cc race with the Dastle.
It will good to once again race with "Famous International Racing Driver Iain Rowley" who I last competed against in F4 about 10 years ago.

What will Delta be driving? I did not see him on the entry list which has 27 cars entered.
Stuart Wright
Old 25 Sep 2012, 17:43 (Ref:3141556)   #4
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJWBallistic View Post
I will also be there racing in the 500cc race with the Dastle.

What will Delta be driving? I did not see him on the entry list which has 27 cars entered.
Stuart Wright
Think Iain is in John Chisolm's Arnott and maybe it is a late entry. Looking forward to watching the cars that raced at Snetterton when I was a youngster!

Old 25 Sep 2012, 17:47 (Ref:3141558)   #5
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by gt917 View Post
Mike,

I,m going, but only as a displayer of car with FORC so will see you there.
Yes, see you there, Graham. No spare tickets as I am spectating, not racing! Must get round to asking about a local resident's pass.....
Old 25 Sep 2012, 20:41 (Ref:3141649)   #6
AnneReed
Rookie

AnneReed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
David and I will be there on Saturday in the maroon DB2.

Anne
Old 25 Sep 2012, 20:47 (Ref:3141652)   #7
juliang
Rookie

juliang should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm racing on the Sunday, Amilcar Rapier, no 141 races 7 and 9.
Come and say hello....Julian
Old 26 Sep 2012, 04:23 (Ref:3141801)   #8
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Have a couple of cars racing,356 and Alta.
Sure spare ticket with Ross at Pace so just contact him.
I will continue on what has become M S A marathon in Spain!
Old 27 Sep 2012, 16:32 (Ref:3142608)   #9
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
AMOC Saturday timetable and entry lists are at bottom of page here.

There is some general event information on VSCC website here but no entry lists.

For those racing both days please note that Sunday is on the 200 circuit, whereas Saturday is on 300.....

Old 27 Sep 2012, 16:47 (Ref:3142612)   #10
The SpeCTator
Veteran

United Kingdom
South East - England
The SpeCTator should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Planning to come up on Sunday, worth it to see Iain race a 500
Hope he has been building up those arm muscles to hang on the side whilst he steers with his other hand
Old 27 Sep 2012, 17:08 (Ref:3142619)   #11
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by The SpeCTator View Post
Planning to come up on Sunday, worth it to see Iain race a 500
Hope he has been building up those arm muscles to hang on the side whilst he steers with his other hand

See you there.
Old 28 Sep 2012, 18:07 (Ref:3143355)   #12
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Weather looking dry until Sunday eve. Cool wind though on Saturday (wouldn't be Snetterton without) and cold Saturday night for any staying at circuit....

Old 29 Sep 2012, 19:08 (Ref:3143858)   #13
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well, I think that I am going to try and get there tomorrow, so maybe see one or two of you there.
Old 29 Sep 2012, 22:10 (Ref:3143922)   #14
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Turner View Post
Well, I think that I am going to try and get there tomorrow, so maybe see one or two of you there.
Excellent John! All gone well today, with my ex neighbours James and Suzanne both having good races. James qualified his X1 on pole for the 50s race and ultimately finished second after Peter Rutt got the hang of the 300 in his Lola Mk1. Tomorrow they will be joined by Chris Philips in his Mk1 in battle of the tiddlers. Unfortunately Gareth B in the JR 356 pulled in after a few laps with a car problem.

Hope to see you here JT, think the X1 and Lola's will be in garage 1 or 2.

Old 29 Sep 2012, 22:27 (Ref:3143928)   #15
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Must get round to asking about a local resident's pass.....
I was talking to a farmer at the circuit a few years back who said that he has had a free pass for years as he lived very close, so go for it
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 30 Sep 2012, 14:44 (Ref:3144156)   #16
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Not a bad weekends or Gareth and the gang.
The 356 stopped due to rocker difficulties We expected teething troubles as Gareth has only been playing with car since July but making headway.Idea is to be about same times as B A's Lotus.
Alta was quickest car by far in A M O C race with Nick Pellett.The car was then stripped of wings and stuff to do VSCC single seater race where it finished eighth .Not bad for a Pre War car racing against post war G P cars.It would have been about 9 secs a lap quicker than any other cars in VSCC Pre War Sports Car race so that would have spoilt the race.
Old 30 Sep 2012, 17:27 (Ref:3144225)   #17
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Brilliant day at VSCC today. Big crowds- no doubt encouraged by publicity regarding Delta's 500 debut! Fabulous cars everywhere you looked, from the fantastic FORC display (a real eclectic mix), to the spectators car parks and the race paddock. Many tenthers present and a real pleasure to bump into JT again.

Sorry I didn't mention your Alta John, but wasn't sure which it was. Should have realised it would be the quickest one..... Guessed the guys were aware of 356 problem as no investigation after it stopped. Great looking car and definitely getting quicker!

James Paterson qualified 6th on 50s grid today in his X1 so was looking forward to another good result for him. Sadly as he left the collecting area for the race an ominous cloud of oil smoke trailed behind and after one lap he pulled in. Guess was head gasket allowing oil into a combustion chamber, and rising water temperature possibly confirming failure. Shame as car sounded so strong yesterday and this morning.

From the enthusiasm of everyone I talked to can't imagine the meeting could be regarded as anything but successful. Hope VSCC agree and return!

Old 30 Sep 2012, 19:21 (Ref:3144258)   #18
gt917
Veteran

United Kingdom
Suffolk
gt917 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgt917 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgt917 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Fantastic meeting with massive crowds, bucket loads of enthusiasm and loads of breakdowns and oil slicks from those 500s!!!!

Must have been Iains magnetism and the desire to try out the driving position in the 917. Fits a treat.

As usual FORC put on a great display with everything from McClaren to Bugatti.

Great to meet other Tenthers.

Roll on next year.
Old 30 Sep 2012, 19:55 (Ref:3144274)   #19
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Full report later as just got home after poping over too Norwich to see Brian Mitcham who is in hospital recovering from a massive road car shunt.He was in very good spirits and gob smacked to see me and Martin walk into his room.
I have never see such large crowds at Snetterton and the atmosphere was just fantastic,the 500 boys were just so helpfull and made me feel very welcome,so thankyou.
After the race I sat in gt's917 wow!!!, something I have not done since I was 14.Just wish my dad was still around too show him the photo.
As Mike Bell said and BTW thanks for bacon butties Mike and also BTW we still have your ketchup.Really good too see and chat too JT.
Just had usuall post race dinner, beens on toast,great too be alive
Old 1 Oct 2012, 06:32 (Ref:3144452)   #20
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
BTW we still have your ketchup.
Put in the Delta truck, Iain. Sure it will be needed sometime!
Old 1 Oct 2012, 09:21 (Ref:3144509)   #21
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yep great to meet up with Mike, Iain, Graham, Andy K, Richard Styles, Gareth B et all. Missed some of the racing as a result of all the nattering but will put some pics up at some stage. Great first meeting for VSCC at Snet. and hope that it is another step towards making that circuit more of a 'must do' for competitors. Andy K gave an impromptu history of the circuit on air, following a request by Marcus Pye and I had a moment of panic, being in the commentary box at the time, that I might be drawn into commenting. Fortunately, Marcus was reminded that the 12 o'clock lunchtime curfew on public broadcasting was about to kick in.
Old 1 Oct 2012, 10:00 (Ref:3144526)   #22
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good to hear a VSCC meeting getting decent crowds - they don't get a lot of coverage but in my opinion VSCC have some of the most entertaining meetings. Sadly I couldn't make this one - sounds like I missed a good one.
Old 1 Oct 2012, 11:56 (Ref:3144579)   #23
SPECTATORSAL
Racer

United Kingdom
Colchester, Essex
SPECTATORSAL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Top meeting yesterday...surely the VSCC would be utterly mad not to repeat the exercise in 2013!! Thanks to all concerned for big grids, good clean racing, a well organised timetable, lots to see & do (great car displays + some excellent stalls) & a great atmosphere. REAL racing with REAL cars!! Would do this meeting in preference to the Goodwood Revival...
Old 1 Oct 2012, 13:57 (Ref:3144642)   #24
Peter Scillitoe
Racer

North Korea
Peoples Democratic Republic of Medway
Peter Scillitoe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPECTATORSAL View Post
Top meeting yesterday...surely the VSCC would be utterly mad not to repeat the exercise in 2013!! Thanks to all concerned for big grids, good clean racing, a well organised timetable, lots to see & do (great car displays + some excellent stalls) & a great atmosphere. REAL racing with REAL cars!! Would do this meeting in preference to the Goodwood Revival...
Hear, hear. Really glad I made a relatively late decision to go and marshal this event. Will be a must do next season assuming that JP and the VSCC do a deal. I can see this becoming a major fixture at Snetterton.
Old 1 Oct 2012, 15:01 (Ref:3144671)   #25
Andrew Kitson
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
5 minutes from Snetterton
Andrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
A top top meeting. Who needs modern racing.. Just brilliant and I understand the VSCC are delighted with the entry they got and definitely want to return next year. A link to my pics:
http://s1288.photobucket.com/albums/b489/andrewkitson/