Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 4 Jul 2003, 21:02 (Ref:652799)   #1
Yoong Montoya
Veteran

Yoong Montoya should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Leading from start to finish

How many races have there been in WSBK and MotoGP recently in which the winner lead for the entire distance? The only recent 2 I can think of are both from WSBK:

Neil Hodgson in Race 2 at Valencia
James Toseland in Race 2 at Oschersleben

Were there any other ones?
Old 5 Jul 2003, 09:24 (Ref:653119)   #2
Rambo
Racer

Rambo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Toseland didn't lead the entire way. Neil passed him and he re-passed Neil, damaging Hodgson's clutch lever.
Old 5 Jul 2003, 19:42 (Ref:653536)   #3
Yoong Montoya
Veteran

Yoong Montoya should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Rambo
Toseland didn't lead the entire way. Neil passed him and he re-passed Neil, damaging Hodgson's clutch lever.
Oh yeah! I remember Toseland leading into the first corner, and thought he stayed there to the end, but he didn't.

Okay, who has lead the entire distance, including starting from pole position? Hodgson in Race 2 at Valencia this year is the only one I can think of.

Guess that sums up how good bike racing is - I can only think of one lights to flag victory from pole position! F1 has loads of those, especially last year like Barcelona and Hungaroring.

Last edited by Yoong Montoya; 5 Jul 2003 at 19:45.
Old 7 Jul 2003, 00:33 (Ref:654317)   #4
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I can't think of many. Rossi isn't one to simply clear off into the distance, while when Mick was at the height of his powers he was still locked into some good tussles.

Last time I can think of lights-to-flag is Kenny Roberts at Motegi in 1999 I think....