Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 16 Feb 2021, 11:17 (Ref:4035401)   #401
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Jenson was probably lucky to get the McLaren at all. McLaren don't seem to have as many racing sportscars as others. I do think McLaren are only using the Sportscars as an aside and are focusing more on F1 and do the minimum on their GT project. But hey at least it's something. They haven't done too badly out of it, but maybe not to the extent of others. Audi and Merc seem to have more put into their projects

I don't think McLaren really put that much effort in. Just supply the cars and any necessary technical help. But that's just a guess
Old 16 Feb 2021, 15:26 (Ref:4035450)   #402
canaglia
Veteran

canaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
guess we could say:

audi sport supplies teams fresh chassis and work drivers/engineers
mclaren supplies teams "regenerated" cars
Old 16 Feb 2021, 15:31 (Ref:4035452)   #403
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I think that’s quite accurate. Audi are a proper GT/Sportscar manufacturer. McLaren do put some effort in, but no more than the minimum
Old 16 Feb 2021, 16:04 (Ref:4035458)   #404
canaglia
Veteran

canaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
I think that’s quite accurate. Audi are a proper GT/Sportscar manufacturer. McLaren do put some effort in, but no more than the minimum
my previous post was a little parody
btw need also to mention that mclaren as holding made of more sub-companies is a small manufacturer very depending by bahrain royal family investments/financing. If we speak about resources they will never be able to compete with brands like audi, lamborghini, porsche and mercedes backed by megacorporations that put a lot of effort in their gt3 programs.
Old 16 Feb 2021, 16:35 (Ref:4035471)   #405
Bcarr6
Veteran

Bcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by canaglia View Post
my previous post was a little parody
btw need also to mention that mclaren as holding made of more sub-companies is a small manufacturer very depending by bahrain royal family investments/financing. If we speak about resources they will never be able to compete with brands like audi, lamborghini, porsche and mercedes backed by megacorporations that put a lot of effort in their gt3 programs.
Thats part of why Ive always been a Mclaren fan, they have flashes of greatness in the sportscar world, considering they are so much smaller than the big manufacturers
Old 17 Feb 2021, 00:23 (Ref:4035516)   #406
Bcarr6
Veteran

Bcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
So a few Mclaren engineers confirmed the new Artura will indeed be the replacement for the 570s In the GT4 class. My guess is maybe a 2022 limited run with full customer sales for 2023
Old 20 Feb 2021, 15:02 (Ref:4036033)   #407
Bcarr6
Veteran

I was thinking a little about Mclaren and their potential to withdraw from GT3.

This applies for Bentley too, but seeing as we could well soon see GT3 at Le Mans, surely it’s silly for any manufacturer to give up now?
Old 20 Feb 2021, 15:14 (Ref:4036035)   #408
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The Inception 720S is having a great run in the last race of the AsLMS today by the way.
Old 20 Feb 2021, 16:10 (Ref:4036042)   #409
Bcarr6
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
The Inception 720S is having a great run in the last race of the AsLMS today by the way.

Shame about that infraction for overtaking the 99, could have won it
Old 20 Feb 2021, 18:23 (Ref:4036072)   #410
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcarr6 View Post
Shame about that infraction for overtaking the 99, could have won it
Yeah, that was a real shame.
Old 21 Feb 2021, 16:00 (Ref:4036194)   #411
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Thats part of why Ive always been a Mclaren fan, they have flashes of greatness in the sportscar world, considering they are so much smaller than the big manufacturers
I agree with that but you can't blame team owners and gentleman drivers for picking a car from a big manufacturer with extensive customer support.
Old 21 Feb 2021, 17:16 (Ref:4036207)   #412
Bcarr6
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
I agree with that but you can't blame team owners and gentleman drivers for picking a car from a big manufacturer with extensive customer support.

Totally agree, just a shame!
Old 30 Nov 2021, 10:52 (Ref:4085982)   #413
Bcarr6
Veteran

Marvin Kirchhofer named as newest factory driver for Mclaren.

Really good signing I think, im suprised Marvin hasnt scoped a factory deal sooner after some great drives in the Aston and Corvette.

DSC suggestgs more change is afoot with Mclarens factory roster that currently consists of Rob Bell, Ben Barnicoat, Joe Osborne, Ollie Wilkinson, Michael O'Brien and Euan Hankey...

Suggests a long established mclaren driver is on the move, making me think it might be Rob Bell, who has removed any mention of Mclaren from his social media accounts.

Fingers crossed they retain Ben Barnicoat, a Barnicoat/Kirchhofer duo would be super strong in GTWC with JOTA next year
Old 30 Nov 2021, 14:37 (Ref:4086005)   #414
Bcarr6
Veteran

Barnicoat out, thats a rather substantial blow to Mclarens factory squad
Old 6 Dec 2021, 15:19 (Ref:4087273)   #415
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Barnicoat has ended up in GTD Pro with Lexus.

https://www.dailysportscar.com/2021/...pro-lexus.html
Old 23 Mar 2022, 20:32 (Ref:4104040)   #416
Bcarr6
Veteran

New Artura GT4 has been out testing at Monza, a very handsome looking car
Old 24 Mar 2022, 19:11 (Ref:4104147)   #417
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
New Artura GT4 has been out testing at Monza, a very handsome looking car
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=My-iBcRRxCo
Old 1 Apr 2022, 11:35 (Ref:4105074)   #418
Bcarr6
Veteran

Mclaren are certainly in a very interesting spot this year, much increased GT3 presence, and about on par GT4 presence.

The driver development programme has had to be paused for this year to allow the factory guys to focus on that big increase in GT3 entries.

Thought i'd put together a little list of programmes just to see the sheer scale of improvements, worth noting Mclarens closest competitor Aston Martin has seen a huge drop on GT3 programmes comparatively (although their GT4 entries dwarf Mclaren's by a long long shot!)

GT3 Class Entries

7tSIX Motorsport - 1x 720s GT3 - British GT
ABSSA Racing - 1x 720s GT3 - GTWC Asia Japan Cup
Crucial Motorsports - 1x 720s GT3 - IMSA Endurance
Crucial Motorsports - 1x 720s GT3 - IMSA partial Sprint (Long Beach + TBC)
Enduro Motorsport - 1x 720s GT3 - British GT
Enduro Motorsport - 1x 720s GT3 - GT Cup UK
Fox Motorsport - 1x 720s GT3 - British GT
Garage 59 - 2x 720s GT3’s - Asian Le Mans Series
Garage 59 - 2x 720s GT3’s - GTWC Endurance
Garage 59 - 2x 720s GT3’s - GTWC Sprint
Greystone GT - 1x 720s GT3 - British GT
Greystone GT - 1x 720s GT3 - GT Cup UK
JP Motorsport - 2x 720s GT3’s - GTWC Endurance
JP Motorsport - 1x 720s GT3 - GTWC Sprint
JOTA Sport - 1x 720s GT3 - GTWC Endurance
JOTA Sport - 1x 720s GT3 - GTWC Sprint
JMH Automotive - 1x 720s GT3 - GT Cup UK
Optimum Motorsport - 2x 720s GT3’s - Asian Le Mans Series
Optimum Motorsport - 1x 720s GT3 - IMSA Endurance
Optimum Motorsport - 1x 720s GT3 - IMSA Sprint (although absent from Long Beach so TBC)
Optimum Motorsport - 1x 720s GT3 - GTWC Endurance
Optimum Motorsport - 1x 720s GT3 - GT Open
Paddock Motorsport - 1x 720s GT3 - British GT
Paddock Motorsport - 1x 720s GT3 - GT Cup UK
Team Rocket RJN Motorsport - 1x 720s GT3 - British GT

GT4 Class Entries

ABSSA Racing - 1x Mclaren 570s GT4 - GTWC Asia Japan Cup
Formula Woman - 2x Mclaren 570s GT4’s - GT Cup UK
Fox Motorsport - 1x Mclaren 570s GT4 - GT Cup UK
Greystone GT - 1x Mclaren 570s GT4 - Gulf 12 Hours
Greystone GT - 2x Mclaren 570s GT4’s - GT4 Euro Series (1 Partial Season)
Greystone GT - 3x Mclaren 570s GT4’s - GT Cup UK
Mackenzie Motorsport - 2x Mclaren 570s GT4’s - Super GT New Zealand
Motus One - 1x Mclaren 570s GT4 - British GT
Orange Racing - 1x Mclaren 570s GT4 - GT Cup UK
Paddock Motorsport - 2x Mclaren 570s GT4’s - GT Cup UK
Paddock Motorsport - 1x Mclaren 570s GT4 - British GT
Prime Speed Sport - 2x Mclaren 570s GT4’s - Super GT New Zealand
Prive Motorsports - 1x Mclaren 570s GT4 - GT4 America
SMC Motorsport - 1x Mclaren 570s GT4 - GT4 Euro Series
Team Brit - 1x Mclaren 570s GT4 - British GT
Team Online Racing - 2x Mclaren 570s GT4’s - Super GT New Zealand

Formula & Offroad

Mclaren Racing - 2x F1
Arrow Mclaren SP - 2x Indycar
Mclaren Racing - 2x Extreme E
Old 21 Jun 2022, 08:28 (Ref:4116510)   #419
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
McLaren Launches New Artura GT4

https://sportscar365.com/industry/mc...ew-artura-gt4/
Old 21 Jun 2022, 12:55 (Ref:4116534)   #420
canaglia
Veteran

It's late of june and no new rumors about a mclaren lmdh? My disappoinment is immeasurable
Old 27 Jun 2022, 12:11 (Ref:4117189)   #421
Bcarr6
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by canaglia View Post
It's late of june and no new rumors about a mclaren lmdh? My disappoinment is immeasurable
I think it was one or the other between LMDH and Formula E.
Old 28 Jul 2022, 18:54 (Ref:4120784)   #422
Bcarr6
Veteran

McLaren customer racing just posted a rather shadowy picture of a car with the caption ‘Coming soon’.

Now, it is definitely an Artura, and it is definitely too big a rear wing to be the previously announced GT4 car.

The wing is GT3 esque but it doesn’t make so much sense replacing their 720s top end supercar in GT3 with their new entry level car. Bit of a marketing down grade (wouldn’t matter for racing, it’s all bop’ed out anyway)

So, I guess the logical answer is they have decided to reboot the previously almost announced but not quite GT2 program

Interesting timing after the Maserati announcement, maybe if McLaren get on board too as well as Maserati in 2024 the whole GT2 thing might start moving a bit more. It has already upticked slightly this year
Old 28 Jul 2022, 19:57 (Ref:4120788)   #423
Hedley Verity
Racer

United Kingdom
Hedley Verity should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
McLaren customer racing just posted a rather shadowy picture of a car with the caption ‘Coming soon’.

Now, it is definitely an Artura, and it is definitely too big a rear wing to be the previously announced GT4 car.

The wing is GT3 esque but it doesn’t make so much sense replacing their 720s top end supercar in GT3 with their new entry level car. Bit of a marketing down grade (wouldn’t matter for racing, it’s all bop’ed out anyway)

So, I guess the logical answer is they have decided to reboot the previously almost announced but not quite GT2 program

Interesting timing after the Maserati announcement, maybe if McLaren get on board too as well as Maserati in 2024 the whole GT2 thing might start moving a bit more. It has already upticked slightly this year
I’m stood looking at a McLaren which was in the Spa paddock earlier and is now in the ‘Drivers Hotel’ didn’t take a picture of it when I could see it better but it said something along the lines of McLaren challenge on it- made me think it’s for a single make championship
Old 28 Jul 2022, 20:29 (Ref:4120794)   #424
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedley Verity View Post
I’m stood looking at a McLaren which was in the Spa paddock earlier and is now in the ‘Drivers Hotel’ didn’t take a picture of it when I could see it better but it said something along the lines of McLaren challenge on it- made me think it’s for a single make championship
Isn't that the 'in-house' championship for monied owners? My lad started his racing spannering career doing those....

Last edited by Aysedasi; 29 Jul 2022 at 08:43.
Old 28 Jul 2022, 20:57 (Ref:4120797)   #425
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Something to do with this isnt it? https://cars.mclaren.com/gb-en/experiences/gt-series